Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I wont defend this one; AVP2

Old 05-06-05, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I wont defend this one; AVP2

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050505k.php

Meanwhile 20th Century Fox rep Tom Rothman said to Sci-Fi Wire at Tuesday night's Saturn Awars that a sequel to Alien vs. Predator is happening - "We will do another one of those for sure. It was a big success. In the new Alien vs. Predator they will finally actually really come to our world... It's likely that we will bridge the gap, and the beginning of that will be setting it in our contemporary universe."
Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell that whole "Finally actually really come to our world" crap means but there is one hope. That this film actually really finally has aliens fighting predators for more than five minutes screen time.
Old 05-06-05, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"finally actually really" - these are the people you work for?
Old 05-06-05, 02:57 AM
Banned

I think it means Aliens and Predators will finally actually really be duking it out in our own backyards.
Old 05-06-05, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
but... they already were duking it out in our own backyard. They were on earth. And as much as I hated the idea of aliens on earth, I would have atleast enjoyed it if they actually duked it out.

As for if these are folks I work with... yes, there is a lot of people at the top that are that bad. So it atleast gives me some hope with the proof that I'm qualified for the position.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 05-06-05 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-06-05, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I could defend this if they get a new director and writer. The concept has potential that was entirely wasted in AVP, so I wouldn't mind someone else taking a shot at it. At worst it will just be yet another turd of a movie I try not to think about when watching the first few Alien and Predator films.
Old 05-06-05, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

OOoh, take P.W.S.A off this. Man, if only life was that sweet.
Old 05-06-05, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If they got Tarantino to direct I'd go see it.
Old 05-06-05, 05:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
but... they already were duking it out in our own backyard. They were on earth. And as much as I hated the idea of aliens on earth, I would have atleast enjoyed it if they actually duked it out.
No. I mean our physical backyards. Like, I look outside my bathroom window while taking a leak and I see a Predator tackle an Alien onto my Buick.
Old 05-06-05, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

yeah, because Predators in the City has proven to be so successful... just look at Predator 2.

I say just have the film two hours of Predators fighting Aliens with very little to no human involvement.
Old 05-06-05, 05:59 AM
Banned

Yeah Predator 2 was pretty damn good. Your point?
Old 05-06-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I enjoyed it myself. But it wasn't a box office draw so it failed where it counted and was the end of the franchise till AVP. That's my point. It just didn't work so why repeat a mistake?

Much like the whole human element in AVP. You spend 20-40 minutes on building up back stories to throw away characters and then eventually cram in just enough alien and predator fighting to warrent the name and you have yourself a problem.
Old 05-06-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Finally actually really"
OMG I love Savage Garden!!!!!11

Wow... I am shocked to hear of this sequel based on how much it sucked, money loser or not. But hey, in Joe vs. The Volcano, how much screen time did he actually spend fighting the volcano?
Old 05-06-05, 08:28 AM

Well, we know nothing about it at this point, so I'm not going to defend it, other than to say that the idea will always have potential as long as there's AvP fanboys, like me.
Old 05-06-05, 12:38 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I've watched AvP at least 5 times since the DVD came out. I'll get the DVD of the next one too.
Old 05-06-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was a big success.
It was?
Old 05-06-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to BoxOfficeMojo:

Production Budget: $60 million
Marketing Budget: $35 million

Domestic Gross: $80,282,231
Overseas Gross: $90,901,6322

Crushing the hopes and dreams of Predator and Alien fans alike: Priceless.
Old 05-06-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Never underestimate the power of DVD sales figures.
Old 05-06-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they get Uwe Boll to direct this one.
Old 05-06-05, 02:26 PM
Banned

mindless action rocks!!!
Old 05-06-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, I'd love to see a sequel. And I'd lvoe to see Anderson have nothing to do with it. Then I'd be all over it. It's aliens and predators...I'm sold...how else to explain me watching Anderson's movie twice already.
Old 05-06-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked AvP better than Predator 2. I agree that the teasers were misleading, so hopefully it'll be an all-out war this time. If humans get in the way, oh well.
Old 05-06-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was pretty bad. Not so bad it was good just bad. PG rating on a AVP was just stupid. All they really needed to do was get some space marines drop them on a base doing research on creating alien predator hybrids. Have the test subjects break out and the rest writes itself. Throw in some innocent human colony for alien fodder and a team of predators to clean house. Space marines are just there to get out alive. Money in the bank baby.
Old 05-06-05, 10:39 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

They got money in the bank for their AvP story(see a few posts above yours).
Old 05-07-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhk
I've watched AvP at least 5 times since the DVD came out. I'll get the DVD of the next one too.
I thought it was fine too. Refreshing to not have the mad scientist/corporation trying to use the alien for it's own purposes. That was really beat to death in Alien Resurrection. I thought the whole temple thing was set up pretty cool. For what's basically a formula movie, it worked a lot better than Resident Evil Apocolypse.

And I also agree there should have been more alien/predator ass kicking.
Old 05-07-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

As for if these are folks I work with... yes, there is a lot of people at the top that are that bad. So it atleast gives me some hope with the proof that I'm qualified for the position.
yeah I can see your point.

You know, the funny thing is that Aliens have been moving closer and closer to Earth for years if the Alien franchise is to be believed. The irony is that the Predators brought them here way before Humans were even going into space....if AVP is part of the Alien cannon.

Anyway, I look forward to this new movie. But like the rest I hope Anderson is banned forom the set.....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-07-05 at 09:25 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.