Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Honest Thief (2020) -- S: Liam Neeson, Kate Walsh, Robert Patrick, Jeffrey Donovan

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Honest Thief (2020) -- S: Liam Neeson, Kate Walsh, Robert Patrick, Jeffrey Donovan

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-18, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Honest Thief (2020, D: Mark Williams) S: Neeson, Walsh, Courtney, Patrick

Honest Thief stars Liam Neeson as a bank robber who falls for a woman working at a storage facility where he’s stashed his loot. He tries to turn himself in, but unfortunately to a corrupt FBI agent.
This is Mark Williams' second film following A Family Man starring Gerard Butler, Alison Brie, Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina. Anyone see that movie?
Old 07-30-20, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

They call him the In and Out Bandit because meticulous thief Tom Carter (Liam Neeson) has stolen $9 million from small-town banks while managing to keep his identity a secret. But after he falls in love with the bubbly Annie (Kate Walsh), Tom decides to make a fresh start by coming clean about his criminal past, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents.

From the co-creator of Emmy-nominated series Ozark, thriller Honest Thief showcases Liam Neeson in a heartfelt tale of redemption, packed with fights, chases and explosions centered on one man’s mission to make things right for the sake of love.

Comes out October 16th

Last edited by DJariya; 10-13-20 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-30-20, 07:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Honest Thief (2020) -- S: Liam Neeson, Kate Walsh, Robert Patrick, Jeffrey Donovan

Love it. Liam Neeson, the oldest resurrection of a career to action movies in Hollywood history. Who knew he’d be more known for Taken and one of the greatest lines in film history, or at least iconic, than his Oscar nominated role in Schindler’s List?
Old 10-13-20, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Honest Thief (2020) -- S: Liam Neeson, Kate Walsh, Robert Patrick, Jeffrey Donovan

This comes out on Friday. I went ahead and got a ticket to see it. Haven't seen a movie in the theatre in well over a month due to the lack of new stuff. It's new Liam Neeson, so why not? . I know for most of you, this screams low budget and video on demand, so I know the chances of any others seeing it right now is low.

I'm seeing it at one of the 7 Regals in California that are still open.
Old 10-14-20, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I like Liam but has been pigeonholed into these type of movies for the last decade once Taken became a hot when he was Oscar nominated actor in the past and could do more dramas instead of the same movie over and over again,
Old 10-14-20, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts
Re: Honest Thief (2020, D: Mark Williams) S: Neeson, Walsh, Courtney, Patrick

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
This is Mark Williams' second film following A Family Man starring Gerard Butler, Alison Brie, Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina. Anyone see that movie?

Dafoe was good as usual but a forgettable movie.
Old 10-14-20, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I like Liam but has been pigeonholed into these type of movies for the last decade once Taken became a hot when he was Oscar nominated actor in the past and could do more dramas instead of the same movie over and over again,
I seem to remember reading that after the death of his wife, Neeson decided that he would sign on to any movie so that he can constantly continue to work. I guess he just gets more offers for these types of roles rather than Oscar type movies.

I haven’t seen it but I think Neeson just recently did a rom com or something with his son. I think his son directed as well.

Old 10-14-20, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This one looks decent but based on the trailer, the premise seems a tad out there.
Spoiler:
Neeson’s character is willing to turn himself in, lose out on all that money, and go to prison because he doesn’t want to continue lying to his girlfriend, but then when things go south, he doesn’t seem to have much trouble after he tells her.
Old 10-16-20, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

I just got back from seeing it. Probably 10 people, including me were in the theatre.

It's very predictable and by the numbers. But, I was never bored and it's a very brisk 99 minutes. It helps that the supporting cast for this good, including Walsh and Donovan.

I'd give it a B- It's worth watching if you're a fan of Neeson.
Old 10-16-20, 10:59 PM

Dj, do you honestly feel safe in that enclosed theater with recycled air? Is it truly worth it for not so hot, basically DTV movies or even a great one whenever one is released before year over? Trial 7 probably get a lot of Oscars. If not sweep...
Old 10-16-20, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Dj, do you honestly feel safe in that enclosed theater with recycled air? Is it truly worth it for not so hot, basically DTV movies or even a great one whenever one is released before year over? Trial 7 probably get a lot of Oscars. If not sweep...
Yes I feel fine. I live in an area where the infection rate is under 4%. The theatre is super clean. It’s a personal choice and I did not feel scared. It doesn’t have to be a super blockbuster for it to be worthwhile to go to the movies during this time.

This is the fifth movie I’ve seen since theatres reopened in my area. Not all the stuff I’ve seen has been good. But Honest Thief wasn’t as bad as Infidel and to me it was more entertaining than New Mutants.
Old 10-16-20, 11:56 PM

K...
Old 10-17-20, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

It was fine. At this point these are the types of movies that Neeson can do in his sleep. Certainly he seemed to be trying to prove that in this one.
Old 12-11-20, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

In case you missed this and have any interest in it. It's out now for a $15 purchase.

It will be available for digital rental on the 29th.

Old 03-14-21, 08:51 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

This is up on Prime.
Old 04-10-21, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Caught this on Prime tonight. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It didn’t reinvent the wheel but it was fun. Certainly better than Neeson’s last few forgettable action movies.

Neeson is getting a bit old for these movies but it was, at least somewhat, believable here. With the exception of falling out of a 2 story window, most of the action wasn’t over top.

Kate Walsh is adorable and it was nice to see her in this.