DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/420388-land-dead-trailer-here.html)

Seantn 04-27-05 10:24 PM

Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!!

It's on yahoo, and it's great. Hang on a sec, i'll post a link...

FinkPish 04-27-05 10:25 PM

Too slow....

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/geor...ofthedead.html

:D

Seantn 04-27-05 10:26 PM

Less work for me to do, fine by me!

scott shelton 04-27-05 10:34 PM

Count me as shocked that Universal acknowledges the earlier films.

This looks good to me.

Superboy 04-27-05 10:37 PM

Wow.

One question:

Spoiler:
How exactly do the rich maintain their power in society? society has crumbled. Money is useless. I thought that was part of the point with DotD and DotD. The losers with shotguns in the backwoods are better off than some yutz in a skyscraper.

Drop 04-27-05 10:39 PM

Looks so great, I'm so excited. June 24th. To quote Flyboy, "Whoooopeee!"

RyoHazuki 04-27-05 10:40 PM

What an odd trailer. The first half is very well done, very creepy. The second half is loud rock music and quick cuts of explosions and gunfire. I'm still gonna see it barring some god-awful reviews.

Seantn 04-27-05 10:41 PM

The people who got into positions of power probably did that initially by having access to the guns, food, etc... And as time went on, they didn't have to do that 'grunt' work anymore. Who knows.

Giantrobo 04-27-05 10:48 PM

Wow, the cast looks great. :up: "Zombies man, they creep me out" :lol:

So, George has seen to fit to evolve the Zombies by giving them intelligence? Did I misunderstand the trailer?

What will the Zomibe purists say?

Drop 04-27-05 10:48 PM

I think people miss the point that, money doesn't really mean anything, really. It's just something we use because we are civilized.

Land of the Dead is about returning to civilization, so it only seems natural for them to use money.

Drop 04-27-05 10:49 PM

Zombies have been evolving since Dawn. Nothing new here.

And it's not like all the zombies are intelligent just a few, the rest just follow...like zombies.

Giantrobo 04-27-05 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Drop
Zombies have been evolving since Dawn. Nothing new here.

Really? How? I don't remember this. Mind you, I don't mind changing them at all. It's just that I didn't know he was going to do anything like this.

Groucho 04-27-05 10:57 PM

Remember Bub?

Giantrobo 04-27-05 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Remember Bub?

Uh yeah. But that was with the doctor working with him. Look I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Forget I asked.

<b>Back on topic</b>

Cool Trailer!!!

Drop 04-27-05 11:05 PM

And Flyboy, he knew the way home.

natevines 04-27-05 11:13 PM

Can someone explain to me how this one takes place now and the first one takes place in the 60s? Perhaps this can be said of the other two, but I don't recall seeing the technology gap...

Giantrobo 04-27-05 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Drop
And Flyboy, he knew the way home.

Sure. However there's ALWAYS been basic primitive thoughts in Zombies. That's why they went to the MALL...that was George's whole point in DAWN.

Buford T Pusser 04-27-05 11:28 PM

Well the naysayers can't complain that his zombies are fast.

I'll have to see this since Dawn is in my top ten.

Mondo Kane 04-27-05 11:49 PM

Whoa. Check out that pic of Asia Argento on that Yahoo page. What happened to her? Didn't she used to be hot? :confused:

Buford T Pusser 04-27-05 11:52 PM

She's always been up and down.

and not in a "if you know what I mean" way.

Dutin 04-28-05 12:03 AM

I love zombie movies!!!

Spamcola 04-28-05 12:10 AM

I'm a big DEAD fan but this trailer does nothing for me. Aside from the little retro clips this trailer could be for Resident Evil 3 and no one would know the difference.

Matthew Chmiel 04-28-05 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by natevines
Can someone explain to me how this one takes place now and the first one takes place in the 60s? Perhaps this can be said of the other two, but I don't recall seeing the technology gap...

Well is it ever mentioned that Night does take place in the '60s? Outside of the cars and the television, one would never know (without previous knowledge) that Night was done in a specific time frame. That's what makes Night work more over Dawn and Day, it's a compelling story that happens to be timeless.

From how the films go, Dawn takes place shortly after the events of Night whereas Day takes place years after Dawn once zombies have outnumber the humans.

The original premise for Land of the Dead had the zombies start to "decay" and become more of the "bums of society" (and not more like cannibals). However, the trailer doesn't make it look like that.

However, this film (along with Serenity) is one of Universal's biggest gambles of the year. While the film does have a "small" budget ($10 million), Universal really wants to become a runaway hit. And if it means advertising to the masses, so be it. While Romero has made his share of shit over the past decade, I'll trust him with a zombie film.

Fincher Fan 04-28-05 12:33 AM

After Batman Begins, this is my most anticipated movie this year.

Cygnet74 04-28-05 12:35 AM

looks to be filled with all the old MTV-style horror scares.

;)