Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" being remade by Bob Clark himself!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-26-05, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The horrorchannel.com's Dread Central is reporting that Bob Clark is going to remake his classic and campy zombie horror film, "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things".

I love this film and kind of wish he wouldn't do it, but I guess if he doesn't someone else will (Michael Bay?).
I guess he's grown tired of directing crude like "Super Babies - Baby Geniuses"

Here's the story:

After years and years away from our genre, veteran Bob Clark is all set up to make a return to us in a big way. We announced earlier about the Glen Morgan/James Wong remake of Clark’s Black Christmas, which Clark will serve as producer on, but now the man is getting ready to head back to the director’s chair.

Who better to handle a remake of his 1973 zombie film Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things than Clark himself? No one, that’s who, since that’s the way Clark had his name first recognized, it only makes sense his comeback should start there, too. Together with Canadian producer Victor Solnicki (the man behind such films as Cronenberg’s The Brood and Scanners), Clark has written and will direct the remake of his own film, currently budgeted at $12 million.

The original story is about some kids who dig up a corpse named Orville, which they use in a ritual to bring the dead back to life. Things get messy to say the least. We’ll have more as it becomes available, but on an interesting side note did you know that Clark’s classic 1982 comedy Porky’s is still the top-grossing Canadian film of all time? Amazing.

- Johnny Butane
Contributing Sources: Variety

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/m...ticle&sid=1476
Old 04-26-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's not a comeback - it's a return.
Old 04-27-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Orville!

Calling CSPWDT a classic is a bit of a stretch though.
Old 04-27-05, 07:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think he should combine with a remake of Christmas Story, just to throw everybody off-kilter.
Old 04-27-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think he should combine with a remake of Christmas Story, just to throw everybody off-kilter.
"Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing zombies in the head and getting off spectacular hip shots."

I think could be great, CSPWDT with a budget. I loved the original just because it was one of the first zombie movies I ever saw plus the atmosphere still gives me the heebie-jeebies late at night.