Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekend Box Office - April 22nd - April 24th, 2005

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Weekend Box Office - April 22nd - April 24th, 2005

Old 04-26-05, 02:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh
Well, Hitchhiker is a classic book, millions have read it, I'm assuming, I'm not one of them, although I've been meaning to for about 10 years.

I think based on the popularity of the book and it's fans it can do $35mil easy.

Oh, I have no clue how this weekend will go. Your estimate is one of the higher I've seen for GUIDE, so I'm really curious what the final total will be...
Old 04-26-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35 million is a rather high estimate, even for such a popular book such as H2G2.

I think that, while those who have read the book will most definitely be going, the average movie-going public will most likely not. At least, not those in my area. Based solely on people I've talked to (and those conversations I've overheard after the trailer was finished in the theater) has been more along the lines of "What the hell?" and "That looks dumb."

Sadly...
Old 04-26-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh
I figure Hitchhiker is gonna make about $35-$40mil and xXx 2 to do about $23mil.
If you switch the numbers, you'd be closer to my estimate.
Old 04-26-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If H2G2 made $40 Million, that would be great, but I don't think it's going to do that well. I think $20 Million would probably be a pretty good ammount for this movie. It should play well overseas since H2G2 is so well known worldwide. I'm just hoping it makes enough to continue the series. I'm going with a group of 8-10 people this Friday night, so I'm doing my part.