Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

More horror re-makes... next up - The Hitcher

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

More horror re-makes... next up - The Hitcher

Old 05-19-07, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This one didn't do too well. More than likely there won't be sequels.
Old 05-19-07, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn
This one didn't do too well. More than likely there won't be sequels.
Yeah, it was sort of a bomb financially. Well, maybe not a bomb due to it's low budget, but definately a disappointment.

Anyone know if it's doing well on DVD?

Honestly, this film doesn't need a sequel anyway. The first series had a sequel and it didn't work out very well.

Last edited by AllHallowsEve; 05-19-07 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-19-07, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
Yeah, it was sort of a bomb financially. Well, maybe not a bomb due to it's low budget, but definately a disappointment.

Anyone know if it's doing well on DVD?

Honestly, this film doesn't need a sequel anyway. The first series had a sequel and it didn't work out very well.
True it doesn't need a sequel but quick and cheap sequels seem to be the trend these days and if the sequel to the first Hitcher (20 years later) wasn't sucessfull in terms of profit I doubt the remake would have been done. Then again who knows?
Old 05-19-07, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
True it doesn't need a sequel but quick and cheap sequels seem to be the trend these days and if the sequel to the first Hitcher (20 years later) wasn't sucessfull in terms of profit I doubt the remake would have been done. Then again who knows?
The sequel to the first film likely only made a few million dollars. It was a Direct to Video sequel. I remember our video store only had one copy of the film.

This remake was made by Platinum Dunes. It seems to be their specialty, remakes I mean. They're going after F13 next. They already did Leatherface.