Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Superman and King Kong video diaries crossover

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-17-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 445 Posts

For those who don't already know, both remakes of King Kong and Superman have been releasing production diary videos featuring behind-the-scenes looks at these films. King Kong's diary has been going for a few months now, while the one for Superman is relatively new.

What's interesting is that these two diaries crossover when Brian Singer visits Peter Jackson on the set of King Kong, with hilarious results! It's the diary for day 131 for King Kong, and journal entry 7 for Superman.

King Kong diary entries are here:
http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/proddiary/

Superman diary entries are here:
http://www.bluetights.net/bulletin_list.php
Old 04-17-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that was pretty interesting, though the joke seemed to go on for a bit long with not enough spikes in laughter.
Old 04-17-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Funny. I wonder if one or the other DVDs of this movie will have the web diaries as an extra?

Andy Serkis seems to be doing a good job as Kong, even if the crazy outfit they have him in makes him look like a walking piece of crap.
Old 04-17-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Funny. I wonder if one or the other DVDs of this movie will have the web diaries as an extra?
It's an intriguing possibility, but I doubt it. Already the Kong diaries combined is over 3 hours in length. Also, one of the Kong diaries specifically mentions the separate DVD documentary crew. Maybe the diaries will make it onto a super-special edition DVD set, or maybe even a separate release. However, I'm just happy with having them on my harddrive.

Andy Serkis seems to be doing a good job as Kong, even if the crazy outfit they have him in makes him look like a walking piece of crap.
Have you seen the gimp suit that Serkis wore for the LOTR films? The Kong suit looks respectable by comparison.
Old 04-17-05, 05:01 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Someone get PJ a sammich!
Old 04-17-05, 08:07 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HN
Someone get PJ a sammich!
No joke! I haven't been watching these diaries and for a minute or so I thought the joke was that this guy was pretending to be Peter Jackson.