Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kingdom of Heaven: will it be PG-13?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kingdom of Heaven: will it be PG-13?

Old 05-26-06, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on picking up the DC version tomorrow. It really is a shame that this wasn't the version released to theaters...
Old 06-01-06, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I bought this today and watched it tonight, and this version is so much better than the theatrical release. I think every element is so much more satisfying, the story, the character arcs, everything. I was worried that the length would be a problem, but I actually enjoyed the pacing of this version so much more than the theatrical; the theatrical version seemed so rushed, and was somewhat confusing. This cut made a lot more sense and generally felt more though out and profound. I am absolutely amazed at the things the studio decided to cut out;
Spoiler:
the inclusion of Sibylla's son and his problems made her breakdown so much clearer and her character that much more tragic
. I would suggest for people who enjoyed the theatrical version,and even those who didn't like it, to at least rent this. I think this movie deserves a second chance.