DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Wolverine vs. Doc Ock (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/417739-wolverine-vs-doc-ock.html)

Dr. DVD 04-08-05 12:51 PM

Wolverine vs. Doc Ock

I wonder if Wolvie's adamantium is powerful enough to cut through those tentacles? I think it is, and that Wolve would make Doc Ock his bitch!

fumanstan 04-08-05 12:52 PM

Wolverine :) Where's the poll!

Checkmate 04-08-05 01:00 PM

In the comic book, Doc Ock's tentacles were upgraded to Adamantium or something comparable. If its just a fight then I would have to give the fight to Wolverine. Can't remember what issue of Spiderman the Doc got the upgrade--sorry.

pdinosaur 04-08-05 01:07 PM

come on. with 4 tentacles, ock would just grab each limb of wolvie's and launch into a barrage of 'quit hitting yourself'

Maxflier 04-08-05 01:15 PM

Doc Oc wouldn't stand a chance IMO.

HN 04-08-05 01:18 PM

doc ock can't even beat that puny little geek spiderman.
wolverine takes this one.

Shannon Nutt 04-08-05 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by HN

Exactly...since Wolverine would kick Spider-Man's ass, it's a no-brainer vs. Doc Ock.

pdinosaur 04-08-05 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by HN

only because spidermans a hero and ocks a villain. ock's required to do all sorts of silly things because he's a villain, like monologuing.

RocShemp 04-08-05 02:11 PM

Yeah but didn't Spidey square off against (and beat) all the X-Men once? So maybe Ock isn't such a wuss.

Then again, Wolverine has fought the Hulk and lived to tell about it (though he got his ass handed to him by the big green menace).

animalmystic 04-08-05 02:13 PM

Wolvie would own that bitch, cut off each of those arms and beat him with them......bub.

devilshalo 04-08-05 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Exactly...since Wolverine would kick Spider-Man's ass, it's a no-brainer vs. Doc Ock.

You forget that Spider-man has the ability of spider sense. He's able to react quicker to a threat, which means avoiding Logan's attack. He also has super strength compared to Wolverine.

Doc Ock, while he could pose a minor threat to Wolverine because he has the reach, doesn't have a mutant healing factor, so one pop to the head or chest with Wolverine's claws and he's done.

HN 04-08-05 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
only because spidermans a hero and ocks a villain. ock's required to do all sorts of silly things because he's a villain, like monologuing.

all the more reason for wolverine taking this one.

(oh, here's the "puny little geek" reference; it was from an animated spiderman episode http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/sounds/geek.wav)

Myster X 04-08-05 02:32 PM

wolverine hands down, ock would not last more than 30 seconds

B.A. 04-08-05 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Doc Ock, while he could pose a minor threat to Wolverine because he has the reach, doesn't have a mutant healing factor, so one pop to the head or chest with Wolverine's claws and he's done.

Exactly. :up:

PopcornTreeCt 04-08-05 06:18 PM

Dude, enough of these threads already.

thematahara 04-08-05 06:21 PM

and this has to do with movies how?

Jackskeleton 04-08-05 06:38 PM

no shit, keep this in book talk since they are comic fuck'n books.

bigsoos 04-08-05 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Yeah but didn't Spidey square off against (and beat) all the X-Men once? So maybe Ock isn't such a wuss.

Then again, Wolverine has fought the Hulk and lived to tell about it (though he got his ass handed to him by the big green menace).

I think Spidey is undefeated against the X-Men in the comic book universe.
I think the Wolverine from the comic book universe should win, but not the toned down Wolverine from the X-Men movies (aka Wolverine vs Mystique *shakes head* )

Derrich 04-08-05 07:59 PM

Doc Ock would win. Wolverine doesn't have super strength and the claws wont cut the Docs new tentacles. With all the range the Doc has, it'd be simple for him to grab an arm or leg and then just start pulling off limbs.

D

Cameron 04-08-05 10:33 PM

moving to VS. talk

and Wolvie for real

devilshalo 04-09-05 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Derrich
Doc Ock would win. Wolverine doesn't have super strength and the claws wont cut the Docs new tentacles. With all the range the Doc has, it'd be simple for him to grab an arm or leg and then just start pulling off limbs.

D

But Wolverine still has above normal human strength (I think anyone that size having to carry an extra 100 lbs of adamantium grafted to your skeleton would have some above normal strength) and you can't neglect his years of training as Weapon X. Doc Ock is not skilled in any form of combat other than using his tentacles with the speed of thought. Not to mention that Wolverine is f'n ruthless and Doc Ock isn't.

The only thing Doc Ock can try to do, is go around the whole issue of Wolverine's mutant healing factor. I always thought it was rather easy to kill Wolverine. Slit his throat from ear to ear or go up from under his rib cage and puncture his heart. That would effectively take him out of commision because his healing factor couldn't repair the damage fast enough.

KurtR 04-10-05 04:23 AM

Honestly the only opponent I don't see Wolverine beating easily is Supes himself. Even the issue that pitted him against Hulk shoulda been much shorter. Wolvie wins this one.

Kumar J 04-10-05 09:10 PM

So a bullet to the heart will kill Wolverine?Doesn't he have adamantium rib cage also?
Wolverine is very fast and rutless.Doc Ock is lunch for him

Cameron 04-11-05 01:07 AM

should have got the adamantium soul

BizRodian 04-11-05 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo

This is one thing that bothered me in Spider-Man 2... Spider-Man was punching Doc Ock in the face A LOT. Doc Ock put up with a lot of physical punishment, when I really don't think he should have been able to. Seemed odd to me.