Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wedding Crashers - O. Wilson/V. Vaughn/C. Walken

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Wedding Crashers - O. Wilson/V. Vaughn/C. Walken

Old 07-17-05, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EEz28
and your comment doesnt make any sense because
Spoiler:
we see Owen use the drops during one of the previous weddings to get the attention of the girl, so why would he put poison in his eyes? This is apparently something that he carries around with him to all the weddings.
It does make sense because:
Spoiler:
Owen had the drops that he used at the previous wedding you are referring to in his own pocket. He got the eye drop bottle that he used at the dinner table from Vaughn which was a completely different bottle.

I loved the movie and can't wait to see it again. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

My favorite line:
Spoiler:
"Try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole damn family!"

I was crying when he said that.
Old 07-17-05, 05:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bjh_18
It does make sense because:
Spoiler:
Owen had the drops that he used at the previous wedding you are referring to in his own pocket. He got the eye drop bottle that he used at the dinner table from Vaughn which was a completely different bottle.
Spoiler:
But when they were talking by the stairs while Zach was telling his otter story, Vince handed Owen the drops to put in his eyes to pretend like he was crying to get the attention of McAdams, but Owen said he was going in a different direction. Then he though about it then asked for the drops, so he was still going to put those in his eyes.
Old 07-17-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by EEz28
Spoiler:
But when they were talking by the stairs while Zach was telling his otter story, Vince handed Owen the drops to put in his eyes to pretend like he was crying to get the attention of McAdams, but Owen said he was going in a different direction. Then he though about it then asked for the drops, so he was still going to put those in his eyes.
Spoiler:
he didn't give owen the drops to pretend like he was crying when they were at the house...he gave them to him to use on Sack, like he did. Vaughn even says this through dialogue, he needs to take that guy out of the picture to make a play...Owen at first is reluctant, but then he takes the drops to give that bastard what for...he never intended to put them in his eyes (even though he could have if he felt like it)

Overall I thought it was very funny, but probably about 20 minutes too long... the pacing was off a bit... I think if it had been tightened just a bit, it could have been an instant classic. As is, it's a very enjoyable comedy, but I don't know if it'll be remembered a few years from now... I'll have to see it again to see if it has "classic" potential, but on a first viewing, good but not great.

MATT

Last edited by mdc3000; 07-17-05 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-17-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
No, I'm pretty sure that if you put Visene in someones drink then it will cause the same thing to happen to that person. I'm pretty sure he just put eye drops in the guys drink and not poison. I could be wrong though, it's just something that i heard

Last edited by glassdragon; 07-17-05 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-17-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Spoiler:
No, I'm pretty sure that if you put Visene in someones drink then it will cause the same thing to happen to that person. I'm pretty sure he just put eye drops in the guys drink and not poison. I could be wrong though, it's just something that i heard
Spoiler:
Yes, Visine is very bad if taken internally.. only a few drops will fuck you up.... I laughed when saw how much Wilson put in the drink.

Another for liked the movie overall... the romance seemed pretty forced but I looked at it as a comedy not a chick flick anyway.
Old 07-17-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Said cameo was wasted.
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but if you have Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken in the same shot (which does happen at the very end of the film); you NEED to make a cowbell reference.
So glad they didn't do that...
Old 07-17-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Saw it today. Laughed my ass off. Not the best type of these comedies, but I love Vaughn's improv on some of the lines.
Old 07-18-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MOM! MEATLOAF! F***!

Good movie overall, kind of slow in spots, Laughed out loud quite a few times.
Old 07-18-05, 08:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
the first thirty minutes were funny but then the film just got painfully predictable and less and less funny. By the end I was just glad it was over.

also I am a little tad shocked and dissapointed that my Church (Church of the Pilgrims) was not thanked in the end credits since the exteriors were shot there
Old 07-18-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts
My favorite line: "Rolling a fatty?"

Pretty funny overall. The Will Ferrell character was funny. Some funny situations. A little long, but worth seeing.
Old 07-18-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Then why did Zack not go straight to the secret service to find out the information? From what I recall, he chose one of his friends who knew a private dick.

I guess to keep his suspicions on the downlow in case he was wrong. Also, so he could take the credit of finding out who they really were

anyway, it was a silly movie. don't sweat the details
Old 07-18-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Yikes!

An 'R' rated potty mouth comedy grossing 33 mil opening weekend with a 40 mil budget?

Hollywood, pay attention. Adults like the movies too. Ratings/MPAA don't mean as much to us as you may think. Just give us good, well-written films.

We'll see them.
Old 07-18-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts
It had it's moments and made me laugh, but ultimately, it was a very formulaic rom-com.

They didn't go far enough with the R-rating, but I guess that's not too surprising - which is my main criticism - no surprises. After watching Wonder Showzen, on television no less, I don't think there are any comedies that can surprise me anymore.
Old 07-18-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Yikes!

An 'R' rated potty mouth comedy grossing 33 mil opening weekend with a 40 mil budget?

Hollywood, pay attention. Adults like the movies too. Ratings/MPAA don't mean as much to us as you may think. Just give us good, well-written films.

We'll see them.

Well said! I'm sure quite a large number of people would agree with you.
Old 07-19-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
To those who've seen the movie, how hot was Jane Seymour's part? I've seen the "Call me Kitty-cat" clip, and I must say that it got a rise out of me . I also heard that she's topless? Anything else (JS related) I should know to base my decision to see/not see the movie?
Old 07-19-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
To those who've seen the movie, how hot was Jane Seymour's part? I've seen the "Call me Kitty-cat" clip, and I must say that it got a rise out of me . I also heard that she's topless? Anything else (JS related) I should know to base my decision to see/not see the movie?

you don't see anything "head on", but she looks as hot as any of the girls in it
Old 07-19-05, 07:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
but she looks as hot as any of the girls in it
mannnnn you got that right.
Old 07-19-05, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
It had it's moments and made me laugh, but ultimately, it was a very formulaic rom-com.

I agree. I didn't think it was going to be more along the lines of a guy's romantic comedy.
Old 07-22-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
snopes has some info on ingested Visine:

Can ingesting Visine make you sick?

poison in the visine bottle?
Old 07-24-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another big weekend for Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn.

the film has made around $80 million after 10 days.
Old 07-24-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank TJ Mackey
another big weekend for Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn.

the film has made around $80 million after 10 days.
I hope Judd Apatow's The 40-Year-Old Virgin w/ Steve Carell is a success and pulls in good money, too.
Old 07-24-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i loved it!
Old 07-24-05, 06:31 PM

Wow way too much bickering by you guys over the Visine. It's a stupid comedy that definitely isnt meant to be analyzed this much. Some people love to nit-pick even the most blatant slap-stick comedies.

Anyways, I loved it, haven't laughed that hard since Old School in the theaters. I was in a college crowd, with fans of Wilson, of course Vaughn and the cameo at the end. As for those mentioning he was wasted, everyone at my showing was cracking up from the second he was on screen. Definite DVD buy or rental or whatever, can't wait to see it again. If you loved Old School you'll love this one.
Old 07-24-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
The active ingredient in Visine eye drops is Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%. Swallowing this substance can result in a number of nasty effects, including:

Lowering body temperature to dangerous levels
Making breathing difficult, or even halting it entirely
Blurring vision
Causing nausea and vomiting
Elevating and then dropping blood pressure
Causing seizures or tremors
Sending the ingester into a coma
Old 07-24-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts
This movie is f***ing hilarious.
Spoiler:
My mind was racing trying to figure out who the guy coming down the stairs was and i laughed my ass off when i saw that it was Ferrell.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.