Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Sean Connery in good health?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Is Sean Connery in good health?

Old 03-26-05, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Didn't he turn down a role in the Lord of the Rings movies to be in LXG?
He says that he turned down LOTR and the Matrix because he didn't understand them. After he saw what huge successes they became, he just figured he'd take a chance on doing a big action flick.
Old 03-26-05, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are lots of actors whom you never hear a word from for years that are still alive if you happen to be checking them out on IMDB. He's 75 years old and chances are he's tired, plain and simple- hell, most people are dead at 75, it's no shock he doesn't want to work much these days.
Old 03-27-05, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
Yeah. I don't understand the thing where people expect some actor to keep working right up to the point where he actual expires right there on stage or on set.

Connery has made every kind of movie: Action, drama, romance, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, good, great, and all-out-suckfest.

He is James Bond --one of the screen's greatest icons

He's been knighted and he's won an Oscar

If Sean Connery has retired, I say "Thank you" and enjoy the time you have left.
Old 03-27-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Rizor
He says that he turned down LOTR and the Matrix because he didn't understand them. After he saw what huge successes they became, he just figured he'd take a chance on doing a big action flick.
Could be bogus but I always read that he turned down one of the roles in X-men as well. But as far as League, I believe that part is true. He had passed on one or more of these roles and regretted it and thought League would be his big movie.
Old 03-28-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
I wish Fox would re-edit The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen much the same way they did the special edition of Alien 3. I know Norrington would never touch it but it would be great to see all the cut footage re-instated as it boggles the mind why the studio wanted most of the story excised. It's a solid action film as is but it could be better. Just look at the novelisation and listen to the audio commentary regarding the scenes that were shot and later cut at the studios behest.

Sure, Norrington never shot the ending but I think the current one could be fixed by removing that final cheesy moment and simply fading out as the remaining League members walk away from the grave site.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-28-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-28-05, 02:25 PM
Suspended

I still wish he would sign on and play a bad guy "Bond" in an upcoming film, how sick would that be.

I like LOEG I don't care whay yall think, bring on the hate.
Old 03-28-05, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by animalmystic
I still wish he would sign on and play a bad guy "Bond" in an upcoming film, how sick would that be.

I like LOEG I don't care whay yall think, bring on the hate.
Connery once staded he'd like to be in another Bond film but only if he was the villain. So there's hope for that.

I liked The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen as well. It's not perfect but still a good solid action picture. Still, I'd like to see it recut into something closer to what Norrington had in mind.