Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Joss Whedon's Serenity 2.0

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Joss Whedon's Serenity 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks seymouru. I do hope hard numbers become available sometime. It is now ranked 42; that IS good for an older, obscure set.

I didn't realize that Amazon had such a good price for Firefly ($29.99 shipped — 40% off list); I am not used to Amazon being lower than DDD and buy.com. (On DVDpricesearch the Amazon price comes up as $34.99.)

Time to buy some more copies and pass them around.
Old 06-01-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I'll probably miss out on the prescreening if it sells out that fast.
Old 06-01-05, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jewel Staite:
Ahhh June.... My favorite month. It's warm, it's my birthday, the beach is packed, it's not too hot, it's my birthday, all the summer clothes are finally out in the stores, the barbeque is getting good use, and it's also my birthday! The big 2-3 this year. Almost time to start acting responsibly, but not quite. I've managed to stretch the bday into two days this year: a lovely dinner out with my family and bestest friends on the Thursday, and an all-nighter party-hardy on the Saturday (yes, bought new dress—it's cashmere and green—HOTNESS). Hopefully the weather will hold up and it'll be fantastic. Even if it doesn't, champagne is also nice to drink indoors as well.

We just did another batch of screenings for "Serenity", as some of you know, and my city was Denver, which is an awesome place. Very friendly people, beautiful mountains, etc. Wish we had more time to bomb around when we were there, but we were literally in town for 24 hours or something. Anyway, the response from the audience was fabulous and warm and intelligent and dedicated... my favorite words to describe any Serenity-seeing audience.... so it went off without a hitch. I realize that some of you are getting a wee bit nervous that we're doing too many of these things. But here's something to consider: the movie's not finished yet! This is just a preliminary version. There will be some changes. Not a lot, but some. I'm hoping these audiences are interested in seeing the changes, or just really liked the movie the first time around and want to see it again. So never fear. The people at Universal are professionals, man! They know what they're doing! You can trust them! Okay? Okay.

Also, the comic books are going to be coming out soon. I saw that our comic likenesses have been already posted online, and most of you are as excited about them as we are. I am so psyched about these drawings. I think Mal looks absolutely friggin fantastic, so does Wash, so does River, so does Book (his eyes are just so perfect)... I could go on. I really like mine too, even though people are going off about how skinny Kaylee looks. AGAIN. People, seriously. Stop saying I'm too THIN!!! Whether you're talking about the illustration, or the real me... this is the way I am, naturally. I am really, really hoping that Kaylee is Kaylee, regardless of weight. And for all of you naturally skinny people out there, being petite is just as sexy as "meat on the bones". If that's the way you look no matter what you eat, then so be it. You know what they say: closer to the bone, sweeter is the meat! ha ha. That's kind of gross. Sorry. Anyway, being you is best. As long as you feel good and you're healthy and happy and satisfied, then it's all good.

Enough for now. Have fun.

Jewel
Old 06-01-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Barry Woodward
You know what they say: closer to the bone, sweeter is the meat!
I'll be in my bunk....
Old 06-02-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
If you have Universal HD, a high-definition version of the full Serenity trailer is in rotation.
Old 06-02-05, 01:40 PM
Old 06-02-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little note about the photos...

Spoiler:
It's nice to see that photos six, eight, and ten are all from the last fifteen-twenty minutes of the film. And it's nice to see that photo seven isn't even included in what'll probably be the final cut (as it wasn't [or any scene resembling it] in the past two preview screenings).
Old 06-02-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

HOUSTON JUST WENT ON SALE!

HOUSTON JUST WENT ON SALE!

TICKETS ARE STARTING TO GO ON SALE!

AHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited by Matthew Chmiel; 06-02-05 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-02-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
So anybody know from last time how long it takes to get all the cities rolled out....because I will sit in front of this computer all night!
Old 06-02-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clemente
So anybody know from last time how long it takes to get all the cities rolled out....because I will sit in front of this computer all night!
It took around 7 hours to get all 20 cities up and running on both Fandango and Movietickets.
Old 06-02-05, 11:50 PM

Houston is on sale . . . but no one else? GAH!!!

L8r
Old 06-03-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know.

Can't Vegas just get online damnit? I can't be drinking Red Bull all night!

Okay, I could, but it's not fun when you're lonely.
Old 06-03-05, 12:05 AM

I gotta work in the morning. This isn't fair! GO ON SALE NOW DAMMIT so I can go to sleep!!!

L8r
Old 06-03-05, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RogueScribner
I gotta work in the morning. This isn't fair! GO ON SALE NOW DAMMIT so I can go to sleep!!!

L8r
Dude. Seriously. Fuck work.
Old 06-03-05, 12:34 AM

Would if I could, my man, would if I could.

L8r
Old 06-03-05, 01:46 AM

I give up. I'm going to bed!

*will be bitching until September about this*

L8r
Old 06-03-05, 09:02 AM

I've been watching all the sites since midnight last night . . . and Houston so far is the only one to offer a screening on the 23rd. So either Houston is really early in their ticket posting or they're not showing SERENITY. I'm kinda hoping it's the latter because I just know if it's the former that the floodgates will open as soon as I leave for work today and I'll miss out once again.

L8r
Old 06-03-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by RogueScribner
I've been watching all the sites since midnight last night . . .
I thought you went to bed

Houston very well may be extremely early. So far there's been no official announcement; the two other screening sellings were preceeded by messages from Joss. So the other theaters may not post screenings for several more hours, or several more days.

I do think the Houston listing is for Serenity though. It's too coincidental to not be; same theater, same time, rumored date. Plus, someone on the browncoats board said that the movie code matched the same code that they had for the last advance screening.
Old 06-03-05, 12:59 PM

An alternative link to the Houston screening:

http://www.fandango.com/MoviePage.as...=Houston,%20TX
Old 06-03-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Although not listed in Fandango, the MacArthur Center AMC in Norfolk had a listing this morning in the paper for "Advance Preview #3" on June 23. So I would assume one could go to the box office to get their tickets.

I saw Serenity during the last wave and am considering seeing it again.
Old 06-03-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At the moment, nobody knows what the hell is going on when it comes to the ticket sales for June 23rd. People are speculating that Houston jumped the gun and that all other cities go on sale come Monday. Some people are speculating that tickets will go on sale over the weekend.

Basically, as of now, people have zero fucking clue what's going on. It's going to be mayhem once these badboys do go on sale. And I better get my six tickets for my friends and I or I'm going to have to start kicking ass. I can take down at least 50 fanboys with no problem...
Old 06-03-05, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I thought you went to bed
I napped a little, but the idea of tickets going on sale was too much to bear. I was really anxious all night.

I guess I'll keep my eyes open on those sites this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky!

L8r
Old 06-04-05, 04:17 PM

The Firefly DVD set is currently ranked 18th on Amazon.com. It's on sale for $29.99. If you've put off buying it or would like another copy, now is your chance.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 06-05-05 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-05-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Word on the street is that Universal told theaters not to start selling tickets until June 9th. However, with Houston breaking that rule; the list of theaters I posted a few weeks ago have been being pounded with phone calls from Browncoats asking when tickets are going to be sold. As of now, it seems that the tickets will go on sale for the other 24 cities sometime on Thursday.

However, if theater owners start complaining to Universal (similar to the 26th showings), I wouldn't be shocked if we see a few theaters go online prior to Thursday...
Old 06-05-05, 11:49 PM

Don't know if this has been posted:
Downloadable hi-def trailer

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.