DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Rank the Pixar movies/Which is your favorite (Poll)? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/414839-rank-pixar-movies-your-favorite-poll.html)

Daniel-A 03-19-05 02:50 AM

Rank the Pixar movies/Which is your favorite (Poll)?

I think I'm probably the only person out there who liked The Incredibles as little as I did, so I decided to make a thread to see if anyone agrees with me. I also added a poll for which is your favorite.

The Movies:
Bugs Life, A
Finding Nemo
Incredibles, The
Monsters, Inc.
Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2

My Rankings:
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
The Incredibles

zutroy 03-19-05 08:19 AM

Wow, I'm almost completely inverse to you:

The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
A Bug's Life

This is difficult because I really didn't dislike any of them - quite the opposite as I love them all. I was amazed that I enjoyed the Incredibles as much as I did - I never thought any Pixar film could be better than Toy Story 2 in my book.

BizRodian 03-19-05 08:20 AM

Toy Story
Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 2

Not seen the other two.

All of them were very good though.

The Cow 03-19-05 08:25 AM

No need to rank, I like them all about equally.

jarofclay73 03-19-05 08:42 AM

1) "The Incredibles" - James Bond/Spy Kids/Superhero theme works. Maybe I like it more because it's more for older kids.
2) "Monsters Inc." - A really sweet story about the "monster" world which hides in every kid's closet. Pulled some heartstrings at the end there.
3) "Toy Story 2" - Sequel better than the original. Sarah McLachlan song highlight of the movie. Really touching.
4) "Finding Nemo" - Good, solid movie. But, seems like just another cute movie put underwater. Almost like "Shark Tale" more because of its edginess.
5) "Toy Story" - Very good, solid original. Looks dated by today's standards. Great music by Randy Newman.
6) "A Bug's Life" - Unfortunately, I saw this movie after seeing "Finding Nemo." Maybe "A Bug's Life" looked good after "Toy Story" came out. But, it doesn't hold up after time.

mdc3000 03-19-05 08:57 AM

My list changes on a daily basis, but I'd say

1) Toy Story 2/Monsters Inc... I can't choose which one I like better
2) The Incredibles... so close to being number 1 it's not even funny
3) Toy Story
4) Finding Nemo
5) A Bug's Life

MATT

OldBoy 03-19-05 09:06 AM

"A Bug's Life"...it was my first and i really enjoyed it to this day. it holds up really well. the others are great too, sans TS 1 (for me), but this one is special.

TomOpus 03-19-05 09:12 AM

No way can I rank 'em. I love each one for different reasons. This is what makes Pixar so great.

Jason 03-19-05 09:29 AM

A real toss-up between Monsters Inc and the Incredibles. Both excellent in so many ways.

fumanstan 03-19-05 09:31 AM

The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
Toy Story
Monster's Inc
A Bug's Life
Finding Nemo

I thought Nemo was vastly over praised.

Giantrobo 03-19-05 09:50 AM

Being a big fan of Superheroes THE INCREDIBLES get my vote.

The story was simple but touching, the jokes were great, and the movie just looked beautiful.

Giles 03-19-05 09:53 AM

ranked:

Toy Story 2
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
A Bug's Life

LorenzoL 03-19-05 09:59 AM

My rankings:

1) Toy Story 2 - This was an incredible effort by Pixar in outdoing the original. Excellent performances by everybody involved including the new characters by Kelsey Grammer, Wayne Knight and Joan Cusack.

2) The Incredibles - Best Superhero movie yet.

3) Toy Story - Pixar hit a homerun with their first movie. Still holds up after repeated viewings.

4) Finding Nemo - All I have to say is that this movie made care for Ellen Degeneres.

5) Monsters Inc. - The animation was excellent but the story really didn't click for me.

6) A Bug's Life - It was a good movie but doesn't hold up against the other Pixar movies.

Unfortunately, I thought the teaser of the new Pixar movie "Cars" was bad so I'm hoping that I'm wrong and it proves to be a worthwhile experience.

Although, I ranked "A Bug's Life" last, it still stands head above water to recent computer animated movies released by other studios.

Third Baseman 03-19-05 10:07 AM

Incredibles, The
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 1
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
Bugs Life, A

TheNightFlier 03-19-05 10:15 AM

The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 1
Finding Nemo
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life

Daniel-A 03-19-05 11:24 AM

Yeah, looks like I am really really in the minority with Incredibles last. Not sure why I liked it so little compared to everyone else.

printerati 03-19-05 11:35 AM

- Monsters Inc.
- A Bug's Life
- Toy Story
- Toy Story 2
- The Incredibles
- Finding Nemo

My top two are the only ones I feel I need to own, although I picked up the Toy Story two-pack because I found it for an excellent price. The Incredibles didn't do much for me either way, and the lead characters in Finding Nemo annoyed the hell out of me, to the point where I have no desire to see it again.

Sondheim 03-19-05 12:01 PM

1. The Incredibles - everything a superhero movie should be - funny, fast-paced, character-driven, and beautiful... Amazing.
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story 2
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Toy Story
6. A Bug's Life

All of them are fantastic and enormously entertaining for all ages, in my opinion. Pixar just keeps turning out better and better movies.

Ginwen 03-19-05 12:05 PM

They're all good, but I guess this is my ranking (today at least)

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
The Incredibles
A Bug's Life
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.

Mondo Kane 03-19-05 12:06 PM

I haven't seen Incredibles yet, but (For me) Toy Story is, without a doubt, the one to beat.

mookyman 03-19-05 12:40 PM

The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.

But really, all of Pixar's output is just heads and shoulders above most kids' movies today.

Rogue588 03-19-05 12:55 PM

I really wanted to cop out and say "all of 'em" which would essentially be true.

However, i'll play. [In order from "Best" to "Least Best"]
  1. Finding Nemo
  2. A Bug's Life
  3. Toy Story
  4. the Incredibles
  5. Toy Story 2
  6. Monsters Inc.

Michael Ballack 03-19-05 01:08 PM

1. The Incredibles
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story 2
4. Toy Story