DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   I again have respect for Halle Berry (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/411726-i-again-have-respect-halle-berry.html)

Slow Hands 02-27-05 08:24 AM

I again have respect for Halle Berry

She showed up at the Razzies ceremony and accepted her award in person. Only the second person since Tom Green to do so. Now all she has to do is start reading the scripts she gets more thouroughly.

[Ali G]Repekt[/Ali G]

Troy Stiffler 02-27-05 09:01 AM

That's cool that she's self-aware of it's badness.

Can we expect a public apology for acting like a bitch with X-Men 3?

Shannon Nutt 02-27-05 09:39 AM

I'm not a fan of Halle's (acting wise, nothing personal) but I do give her props for showing up - that was a pretty decent thing to do, and can only lead to some good press for her.

OldBoy 02-27-05 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Slow Hands
thouroughly

man that's a long word -ptth-

Amel 02-27-05 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Slow Hands
She showed up at the Razzies ceremony and accepted her award in person. Only the second person since Tom Green to do so. Now all she has to do is start reading the scripts she gets more thouroughly.

[Ali G]Repekt[/Ali G]

That's pretty cool. Where did you read that at?

Patman 02-27-05 10:44 AM

How do you go from the top of the heap to the bottom of the heap in a year or two?

Rogue588 02-27-05 11:37 AM

did she admit to opening doors for people on her way to the Razzies..?

DonnachaOne 02-27-05 12:03 PM

That would be the third person. Paul Verhoeven accepted his award for Showgirls in person.

EDIT: That "since Tom Green" is a bit misleading. She'd be the first person since Tom Green. The Second since Paul.

Jackskeleton 02-27-05 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Amel
That's pretty cool. Where did you read that at?

the other thread? perhaps. :p

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411682

And the Razzle for Repost of the day goes to...

Amel 02-27-05 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton

yeah, I saw that after I read this thread. :blush: I was too lazy to come back to this one and edit my post.

scott shelton 02-27-05 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
That would be the third person. Paul Verhoeven accepted his award for Showgirls in person.

EDIT: That "since Tom Green" is a bit misleading. She'd be the first person since Tom Green. The Second since Paul.

Didn't Cosby show up one year? Maybe I'm wrong on that one...

Giantrobo 02-27-05 03:21 PM

Doesn't matter. It won't stop the hate.

Groucho 02-27-05 03:26 PM

I thought this was going to be out of respect for her performance in that new Oprah movie on the tv. Guess not.

Bill Needle 02-27-05 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
man that's a long word -ptth-

Though not as long if you spell it thoroughly correctly. :)

Trigger 02-27-05 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton

How close are you to earning that "Deputy Moderator" cub scout badge?

;)

Fok 02-27-05 09:02 PM

Good for her :thumbsup:

mwj 02-27-05 09:24 PM

She's probably the first that brought her Oscar with her, though.

Sunday Morning 02-27-05 11:09 PM

I still don't have any respect for her.
She was singing the praises of Catwoman all through it's production up until it's release. Surely she knew the film was horrible yet like the money grubbing whore she is she did her part to promote the film and attempt to win a big opening weekend. Smells like a PR stunt to me...

Terrell 02-27-05 11:15 PM

She showed up at the Razzies ceremony and accepted her award in person.
That's all it takes to get you to respect someone?

I still don't have any respect for her.
She was singing the praises of Catwoman all through it's release. Surely she knew the film was horrible yet like the money grubbing whore she is she did her part to promote the film and attempt to win a big opening weekend.
You're not too familiar with filmmaking are you? That's what actor's do. It's part of the job. It doesn't have a thing to do with the quality of a movie. You take a multi-million dollar paycheck to star in a film, you get your sorry ass out there and promote it, regardless of how it turns out. The actors did it for Alexander, yet I don't see anyone slamming them for promoting the hell out of that turd. Actors do it for every film they're in. Actors are not responsible for telling you whether the film is good or not. That's your job.

Personally, I've never understood this instant hatred of an actor, simply because of some Oscar speech or starring in some shitty movie. I certainly don't know what Berry did, other than that, to make so many hate her.

Jackskeleton 02-27-05 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
How close are you to earning that "Deputy Moderator" cub scout badge?

;)

they give me one bullet.

Gil Jawetz 02-27-05 11:21 PM

That's a good sport move. I'm surprised and impressed. Didn't think she'd have it in her.

Sunday Morning 02-27-05 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Terrell
You're not too familiar with filmmaking are you? That's what actor's do. It's part of the job. It doesn't have a thing to do with the quality of a movie. You take a multi-million dollar paycheck to star in a film, you get your sorry ass out there and promote it, regardless of how it turns out. The actors did it for Alexander, yet I don't see anyone slamming them for promoting the hell out of that turd. Actors do it for every film they're in. Actors are not responsible for telling you whether the film is good or not. That's your job.

I know how the game works but Halle Berry and Catwoman need to be singled out as they especially blow. Hard. Her accepting the award is nothing more than another chance for press for a movie and an actress that doesn't deserve any ink whatsoever.

jaeufraser 02-27-05 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sunday Morning
I know how the game works but Halle Berry and Catwoman need to be singled out as they especially blow. Hard. Her accepting the award is nothing more than another chance for press for a movie and an actress that doesn't deserve any ink whatsoever.

So basically, no matter what she does, she sucks? Do you still hate George Clooney for Batman and Robin, cause, well, that sucked as much as Catwoman.

Personally I think it was cool of her. I can tell you her showing up did a lot more for the razzies organization then it does for her.

Rogue588 02-28-05 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Terrell
I certainly don't know what Berry did, other than that, to make so many hate her.

Perhaps you should read more than just the posts that say "HaLlE SuXZz!!!!". There are some that actually explain why they don't like her. However, to expect them to repeat it in every single thread would be ridiculous.

That's not to say that there aren't some lemmings in the group..

Abob Teff 02-28-05 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
How do you go from the top of the heap to the bottom of the heap in a year or two?

FIXED: "How do you go from being on top of Billy Bob Thornton to the bottom of the litter box in a year or two?"