DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Want to see Sami Rami's new film? so cal only (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/407678-want-see-sami-ramis-new-film-so-cal-only.html)

Catch 21 01-31-05 01:59 PM

Want to see Sami Raimi's new film? so cal only

BoogeyMan
Thursday, February 3
Century Stadium
1701 West katella ave, Orange 92667

Get there early, like about an hour.

each pass admits 2

let me know.

I will walk the line 45 minutes before the movie starts.

Groucho 01-31-05 02:04 PM

Good old Sami Rami.

BTW, if you mean "Sam Raimi" he didn't direct this. Producer only.

Catch 21 01-31-05 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Good old Sami Rami.

Nice catch on the spelling error. Yeah, I know he only produced. It's still his film.

wendersfan 01-31-05 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Catch 21
Yeah, I know he only produced. It's still his film.

Andrew Sarris is turning in his grave right about now.

cultshock 01-31-05 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Good old Sami Rami.

But I hear that he's "Sami Rami" to his friends. ;)

Rubix 01-31-05 07:25 PM

get there an hour early from what time? and how do you get a pass? are they free or you buy them there or what?

Jackskeleton 01-31-05 08:33 PM

An hour early from 7:30, he gets the passes because... don't ask. he just has the hook ups. and they are free. Catch 21 has done this plenty of times before and I tip my glass to the man.

Can't make it this time catch, thanks anyways.

DeputyDave 01-31-05 09:18 PM

I've been really looking forward to seeing this movie but now I'm not too sure. It opens Friday and I haven't been able to find a single review for it yet. That doesn't bode well.

Catch 21 02-01-05 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Andrew Sarris is turning in his grave right about now.

No he's not. Whoever hires the writer, the crew, the director, and the actors owns the film. Why are there two awards Best Director and Best Picture? Who mostly accepts the best picture award? The PRODUCER(s).

Catch 21 02-01-05 02:57 PM

7:30 is when the movie starts, so get there at 6:30pm. I am black with red-orange hair.

wendersfan 02-01-05 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Catch 21
No he's not. Whoever hires the writer, the crew, the director, and the actors owns the film. Why are there two awards Best Director and Best Picture? Who mostly accepts the best picture award? The PRODUCER(s).

That's just because the academy is less interested in who made the film than in who paid for it. :lol:

whynotsmile 02-01-05 04:47 PM

suprised he was involved with it. i saw it during a test screening. awful, awful film.

was sorta "funny" bad though.