DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Mirrormask trailer/website (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/407134-mirrormask-trailer-website.html)

Krug 01-27-05 04:41 PM

Mirrormask trailer/website

Looking darn good.

Hmm odd the trailer used to be under Previews and looks like it's been removed...

Trigger 01-27-05 04:45 PM

can't tell based on that site... no trailer? what's it about?

DVDho78DTS 01-27-05 04:51 PM

Try this link:

http://www.ultimatedvd.org/en/Traile..._Id=2142859452

Trigger 01-27-05 04:55 PM

wow - okay then... looks really cool. I'll see it for sure. Thanks. :)

Stupid name for a movie though.

Krug 01-27-05 04:55 PM

Thanks DVD-ho78(DTS) :)

It's a collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean. Originally was a direct to DVD movie but now should get limited release.

And uh.. why is the name stupid?

Trigger 01-27-05 05:17 PM

I just don't like the name. It conjures up images of a few movies that I didn't like and would rather not associate it with and it's also just dumb sounding... to me.

Sid Ceaser 01-27-05 05:34 PM

I'm a McKean worshiper - have been for a billon years; more of his Fine Art work and short films than some of his cd cover stuff, but I digress.

http://www.spacecast.com/ has a small 1 minute interview with Dave, and Neil, and shows a few completed scenes from the film - Worth the watch; I've been rewatching it over and over.

I really hope it gets at least a limited theatrical release - I'm close enough to Boston to hope that the Coolidge or Brattle gets it.

I hope the world embraces Dave with this - he deserves wide recognition.

Krug 01-27-05 06:24 PM

The Hollywood Reporter review and it's all good!

Josh-da-man 01-27-05 10:34 PM

Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean kick much ass.

Sandman. Death. Cages. American Gods.

Third Baseman 01-27-05 10:46 PM

Trailer. Me. Drool.

:drool:

Krug 01-29-05 05:42 PM

Even newer trailer here.

Fincher Fan 01-30-05 05:08 AM

I've been waiting for this for the last couple of years. Looking forward to seeing it finally!

Chew 02-07-05 12:02 PM

Saw a short segment on this movie on Screen Savers last week. Gaiman? McKean? That's about all I need to sell me on seeing it. :)

story 02-07-05 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
I just don't like the name. It conjures up images of a few movies that I didn't like and would rather not associate it with and it's also just dumb sounding... to me.

Well, the movie is kinda about this mirrormask thing...

Kudama 06-17-05 12:16 AM

Arkham Asylum sold me on McKean's work forever and...well, I'm a big fan of Sandman.

I just came across this by accident while perusing my favorite trailer site for a new Land of the Dead preview. It's funny that the film title was called stupid, because that was exactly what prompted to take a chance wasting the download minutes.

I hope this hits theaters in my area, it definitely looks like big screen material.

Shiv Shankly 08-10-05 12:20 PM

Just saw this at a film festival a couple days ago, and it's very good. It's geared toward all ages/families, so don't expect anything pushing the envelope in terms of content, but it looks stupendous. If you love McKean's art, you'll love the film, it literally is a McKean painting come to life. The teen playing the lead is excellent, as is the rest of the cast. The audience I saw it with loved it, and gave it a rapturous round of applause as soon as the credits started rolling. If there's any justice, it should do really well.

scott shelton 08-11-05 07:50 PM

I saw this trailer with a family audience before PENGUINS, and you could feel the apathy in the air.

Sid Ceaser 08-12-05 12:46 PM

:(

No trailers being shown in this area. I'm thinking most people won't know what to do with it.

We'll all have to do our own word-of-mouth on this.

Giles 08-12-05 01:04 PM

the latest Landmark flyer for their E Street theatre here in DC has a set release week (it's escaping me at the moment though). Looking forward to seeing this.

CheapBastid 09-27-05 06:50 PM

Anyone have a release date on this yet?
*Edited to add
9/30/05 based on the trailer page on the site.

ShagMan 09-27-05 07:04 PM

looking good, can't wait for DVD release (I'm not in a "usual" limited release area, dangit).

Jackskeleton 10-02-05 01:22 AM

Saw it on friday.. My god, this film is a thing of beauty. I loved the look, loved the story.. simply loved it. Its images are just... wow. simply wow.

scott shelton 10-02-05 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Saw it on friday.. My god, this film is a thing of beauty. I loved the look, loved the story.. simply loved it. Its images are just... wow. simply wow.

And the score?

That's the one element that I couldn't stand.

comichappy1972 10-09-05 01:27 AM

I am going Sunday night. The few people I know that saw it loved the film.

I really wanted to see it opening day then go to Neil Gaimans signing in Berkeley.
Unfortunatley I couldn't make the movie (or the signing so I went to the Corde Madera signing) so I am really looking forward to it.

Jackskeleton 10-09-05 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by scott shelton
And the score?

That's the one element that I couldn't stand.

The score was a bit loud and at some points over the top. I agree with you there. But the other aspects really made me forget about that.