Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Old 07-25-16, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
re: The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Casting confirmed:
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/th...st-1201822282/
Old 07-25-16, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

If you're not going to associate with the CW, why are they copying the CW?
Old 07-25-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marvel gets all these great actors that look like who they're playing. For DC Robbie and Leto seem good, I guess Momoa could be good I've never heard him speak English, all the other actors I hate (Affleck, Jae Courtney) are clearly wrong for the part (Ezra Miller, Eisenberg) or I've never heard of.
Old 07-25-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

IYO of course. Affleck to me was great as Batman and Courtney for once seems perfectly fit for his role as Boomerang. As for Miller, maybe wait and see JL before making a determination whether he's right for the part. In addition, when you have 13+ movies, you're bound to get a ton of talent. DC only has 5 movies released or in development, 6 if you include The Batman but clearly you're not going to like that project.
Old 09-09-16, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

‘The Flash’ Movie Finds Barry Allen’s Father (EXCLUSIVE)
Film Reporter Justin Kroll
Film Reporter @krolljvar

SEPTEMBER 9, 2016 | 01:09PM PT
After playing Dr. Manhattan in the Warner Bros. film “Watchmen,” Billy Crudup is now looking to reunite with the studio on one of their highly anticipated comic book movies.

Sources tell Variety Crudup is in talks to play the father of Barry Allen (aka the Flash) in the upcoming Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment film, which stars Ezra Miller as the title character.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Kiersey Clemons is also on board as Iris West with “Dope” helmer Rick Famuyiwa. Seth Grahame-Smith penned the script which is based on a treatment by Chris Miller and Phil Lord.

Production is expected to start this year with the pic set to open on March 16, 2018. Plot details are being kept under wraps but Miller has already made a cameo as the character in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and will also appear as the superhero in “Justice League” which opens next year.

Crudup has roles in the Oscar winning “Spotlight”, the Sundance darling “The Stanford Prison Experiment,” the upcoming biopic “Jackie” and “20th Century Women” starring Annette Bening.

Crudup most recently wrapped production on “Alien: Covenant.” He is repped by CAA and Lighthouse Management.
Old 09-09-16, 04:47 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

I like that casting.
Old 09-09-16, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree. Solid actor.
Old 10-31-16, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uh oh...

‘The Flash’ Movie Loses Director Rick Famuyiwa
Film Reporter @krolljvar
OCTOBER 31, 2016 | 02:11PM PT

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s “The Flash” movie has hit another big speed bump: sources tell Variety that director Rick Famuyiwa has left the project.

Sources close to both Famuyiwa and the studio saying creative differences again forced the split. The studio is still very excited to get the project off the ground and is expected to have a director shortly.

Similar issues arose with the “Wonder Woman” project after Michelle MacLaren left and was quickly replaced by Patty Jenkins without causing any issues to the production schedule.

Warner Bros. had no comment on the news.

“When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day. I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor,” Famuyiwa said in a statement. “I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.”

The move comes as a shock, given that pre-production for the film is already in high gear, and production was set to start in early 2017. The project was also far along in casting, most recently adding Kiersey Clemons to play Iris West and Billy Crudup to play Barry Allen’s father.

The movie was scheduled to be released on March 16, 2018. It’s currently unknown if this latest detour will force start of production and the release date to be moved.

After Grahame-Smith’s departure as director, the studio acted swiftly to replace him without any hiccups. This situation, however, is different; pre-production was in the very early stages at the time of Grahame-Smith’s exit, allowing the studio to regroup and focus on finding a new director. With pre-production so far along, change course now will be a tough hurdle to overcome, while still meeting deadlines.
Old 10-31-16, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

So movie Iris is black too? Is the movie Flash going to just crib everything from the show?
Old 10-31-16, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So that's 2 directors down and they haven't even shot one frame of film? Keep up the good work WB!!!!
Old 10-31-16, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

From the The Wood to The Flash. That is a very interesting choice. I wonder if he'll leave for creative differences too.
How prescient of you.
Old 10-31-16, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTEI pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. ][/QUOTE]

Well there's your problem right there. This is Snyderverse man. Humor and heart aint got no place here.
Old 10-31-16, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Time to turn to Ratner. He'll direct anything!
Old 10-31-16, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal-El

So that's 2 directors down and they haven't even shot one frame of film? Keep up the good work WB!!!!
Who was the first director?
Old 10-31-16, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Who also directed....nothing. He has never directed a feature film. I'm not sure why they chose him that time.

It's funny how people never really bitched about Iris West being black in the show. Jesus... she was such a shit character that first season. Generic as fuck. I'm not sure how she is now.. but holy fuck. Damn near offended me by how generic that that whole relationship was. Such crap character dialogue and scripting. Network TV... always shooting for the lowest common denominator.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 10-31-16 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-31-16, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

This project is doomed.
Old 10-31-16, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Who also directed....nothing. He has never directed a feature film. I'm not sure why they chose him that time.

It's funny how people never really bitched about Iris West being black in the show. Jesus... she was such a shit character that first season. Generic as fuck. I'm not sure how she is now.. but holy fuck. Damn near offended me by how generic that that whole relationship was. Such crap character dialogue and scripting. Network TV... always shooting for the lowest common denominator.
She's better now.
Old 10-31-16, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake

It's funny how people never really bitched about Iris West being black in the show. Jesus... she was such a shit character that first season.
Who's bitching? I like it. I just think it's funny how Iris was white for 60 years and the show takes a chance on mixing things up and now the movie division is going to go the same exact route. It's like DC is using the tv shows as a test market for the movie division.

They're going to recreate the exact same Barry Allen and a similar Iris West but didn't want to merge the tv & movie universes. Dumb.
Old 10-31-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Oh noes. Black people in my funny book movees...
Old 11-02-16, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me or does the flash outfit from the tv show look better than the one they're using for the movie?
Old 11-02-16, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm actually ok w/ the light armor. The color is actually brighter too... but we may not really see so much of that w/ how much Snyder plays w/ the image based off of what the teaser had. Motherfucker needs to back off of the color manipulation. The man ruins the colors of an otherwise good look.
Old 11-03-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the costume designs even been finalized? As the movie doesn't even have a director yet.
Old 11-03-16, 09:34 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Have the costume designs even been finalized? As the movie doesn't even have a director yet.
I would assume it is what we've seen in BvS and the JLA footage.
Old 01-25-17, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite of ‘The Flash’ Script (EXCLUSIVE)
Film Reporter Justin Kroll @krolljvar
JANUARY 25, 2017 | 04:22PM PT

While “The Flash” waits to find its new director, Warner Bros. has tapped Joby Harold to do a page-one rewrite to the script, sources tell Variety.

The pic has been on hold since losing director Rick Famuyiwa and while it waits to find his replacement, the studio has decided to take script in different direction.

WB had no comment.

Executives have been taking their time in finding his replacement. With Ezra Miller, who will play the speedy superhero, getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2,” they decided work on a new script in the meantime.

Famuyiwa had written the latest draft. Sources say the original reason for his departure had to do with executives disagreeing with where he had taken the script. Seth Grahame-Smith had also written a previous draft.

Kiersey Clemons is attached to play Iris West, and Billy Crudup will play Miller’s father.

Harold has past ties to the studio, having most recently written “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.” Other projects in development include a new “Robin Hood” movie for Warner Bros., as well as a “Twilight Zone” film for the studio.

He is repped by CAA.
This is so fucked.
Old 01-25-17, 08:55 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

DC can't do anything right. They really suck at movie making.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.