Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Old 12-07-17, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts
re: The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The idea of using Deathstroke v.s. Batman was the one idea I was salivating at. Of course that's the ONE they axed. lol.
I was just using that as an example. I don’t think Deathstroke needs a film just focusing on him though. I still would prefer someone else as a villain in a Batman film but if they were to use him as a villain in a Batman film then that’s different.

For the record, I've always preferred DC comics and animation over Marvel which is why I am so harsh on WB. The DCU would be, and should be, amazing in the right hands.
I’m the exact same way. I like DC more in general as a company in terms of comics and animation. Hell I’ve liked a good majority of their films before the DCEU. People don’t seem to grasp the concept that you can like a company but think they’re making shitty decisions which DC has been largely doing with these films. The writing has been on the wall the entire time and it’s got nothing to do with being a hater or whatever. I don’t want to see DC fail. I’m the exact opposite I’d love to see something that’s equivalent or at least close in quality to the MCU. It just hasn’t been happening.
Old 12-08-17, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,675 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I still think this isn’t the best move to make. Especially after Justice League didn’t do very well. Instead of going big on something like this they should go back to basics. A convoluted DCEU isn’t going to be helped along by a time travel film in my opinion. While the idea of a clean slate is nice it seems like WB wants to cherrypick what’s being rebooted. I assume Miller as The Flash will remain and Gadot as Wonder Woman isn’t going anywhere. I mean is the purpose of this film just to be that Affleck needs to be written out? I just don’t know how well this will go over.
Yeah, I don't want them to start using time travel and parallel universes and shit like that to start rebooting. That shit gets old in the comics, and it's just going to confuse the audiences. Especially if you're going to use a fucking Flash movie to reboot Batman.
Old 12-08-17, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,675 Likes on 1,845 Posts

This is absolutely key. People think I just blindly hate DC but it’s with good reason and I’m not trying to gloat but I haven’t really been wrong despite it all. The films aren’t working as they’re currently being made. Rather than focusing on second tier stuff like a Deathstroke solo film or whatever else work on the actual core heroes first. Make good films with them and then maybe if those are successful do these offshoots. In my opinion it’s just a waste of resources trying to do films out of smaller name characters when your biggest names aren’t drawing at the box office.
The problem is they refuse to do any real world-building.

They're just fumbling around in the dark, sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting to see "what audiences respond to." They're moving so slowly because of the wait and see approach that they barely have anything in active production from one film to the next.

There's just no vision behind it.

Oh, you liked Deathstroke's cameo in Justice League? Well, we'll put everything else on the backburner and make a Deathstroke movie.

Look, the MCU is a success because they've been carefully planning and building the thing since Iron Man was a hit. DC is just dropping shit into their universe left and right. How the hell is Suicide Squad your third universe movie? You've barely established your heroes, and now you're doing a villain team-up? The Joker has already killed Robin and we don't get to see it? You introduce the Joker in SS without Batman to play off of?

Wonder Woman was a monster success, and that's the only movie they've gotten 99% right. They need to learn what made that work, and start applying it to their upcoming slate.
Old 12-09-17, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

And Jeffrey Dean Morgan commented from some Walker Stalker Con (seriously, how many Cons are out there?) and he said "There’s a role in the DC Universe I’ve got my eye on." Would love to see him as Batman.
Old 12-09-17, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

He is already Batman’s dad ... hint?
Old 12-09-17, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts

Hopefully, WB/DC do not fuck this up.

This is their chance to fix some shit and almost restart clean slate.

.....and yes, JDM as the bat will be the fucking shit!!!!
Old 12-11-17, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

If I were WB, I would reboot everything and get an entirely new cast.
Old 12-11-17, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If I were WB, I would reboot everything and get an entirely new cast.
So throw out the critically and commercially successful Wonder Baby with the bath water?
Old 12-11-17, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
He is already Batman’s dad ... hint?
The Comedian is Batman's dad?
Old 01-16-18, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

‘Flash’ Standalone Film Taps Directors John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein (EXCLUSIVE)
By Justin Kroll @krolljvar

“Vacation” helmers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are in negotiations to direct “Flashpoint,” the Flash’s standalone movie starring Ezra Miller.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

The studio had initially courted Ben Affleck to return to the director’s chair, but he passed on the gig. By tapping Daley and Goldstein, the studio seems to eye a comedic tone for the film, given the duo’s directing background on movies like “Vacation” and the upcoming “Game Night,” starring Jason Bateman.

The two are no strangers to the comic-book world, having penned the script to the smash hit “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” which they were also on the shortlist to direct.

“Flashpoint” had been on hold since director Rick Famuyiwa stepped away from the project. While looking for his replacement, the studio decided to take the script in a different direction. Joby Harold has turned in a new draft after a page-one rewrite.

Executives took their time in finding a new helmer because Miller, who plays the speedy superhero, is busy getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” the second installment in the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise.

This comes as Warner Bros. is reshuffling the DC Universe with New Line exec Walter Hamada recently promoted to oversee its comic book movies. The studio also recently tapped Michael De Luca as a producer on the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Daley and Goldstein are repped by UTA and Fourth Wall Management.
Old 01-16-18, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Was Seth fucking Gordon unavailable?
Old 01-16-18, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A bit mixed on this one. On the one hand, they seemed to have done a good job on the Spider-Man: Homecoming script (personally, I wasn't as enthralled with the movie, but still found it entertaining) but on the other they did direct Vacation... Nothing needs to be said beyond that.
Old 01-17-18, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

we'll see.... this is my most anticipated DC film project
Old 01-17-18, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
A bit mixed on this one. On the one hand, they seemed to have done a good job on the Spider-Man: Homecoming script (personally, I wasn't as enthralled with the movie, but still found it entertaining) but on the other they did direct Vacation... Nothing needs to be said beyond that.
Their script for Spider-Man: Homecoming (which I loved) was massively rewritten by four other screenwriters. Vacation speaks for itself.
Old 03-03-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-03-18, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until it's not.
Old 03-03-18, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Game Night was hilarious, so i'm down with this.
Old 03-03-18, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Game Night was hilarious, so i'm down with this.
How was the story? No spoilers.
Old 03-03-18, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
The Comedian is Batman's dad?
Yes.
Old 04-09-18, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is from last weeek but this may not be titled Flashpoint anymore. Sounds like the film may still incorporate elements from the story but won’t be an adaptation. Personally I feel like this idea should be scrapped and they should just go with a more basic story. Have Barry start his new job and investigate his mother’s death and clear his father’s name.
The Flash Movie Reportedly Won't Be Titled Flashpoint

The film may still cover the events of the Flashpoint incident.

Brian BarnettApr, 03 2018
Warner Bros.' upcoming Flash movie starring Ezra Miller reportedly won't be titled Flashpoint.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, writer Dan Mazeau worked on the project "when it was titled Flashpoint," which suggests the movie's title is now something else.

What the film will be called now is anybody's guess, though it may still cover the events of the Flashpoint incident. On Twitter, THR reporter Borys Kit clarified his statement from the aforementioned article, saying, "I didn't say they weren't adapting Flashpoint. All I said was that it wouldn't be titled Flashpoint. But maybe I've said too much."

It was also announced today that Mazeau will write the film adaptation of Armada, the second novel of Ready Player One author Earnest Cline. Armada follows the story of a young video game champion who discovers the game he's mastered was created to recruit pilots to stop an alien invasion.

For more on The Flash, check out IGN's explanation of Flashpoint from the comics. Additionally, The CW television series just got picked up for another season, and the current season finale's air date has been announced.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/04/03...led-flashpoint
Old 04-09-18, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mike don't 86 this preemptively!
Sounds like the film may still incorporate elements from the story but won’t be an adaptation.
Originally Posted by Mike86's Linked IGN Article
On Twitter, THR reporter Borys Kit clarified his statement from the aforementioned article, saying, "I didn't say they weren't adapting Flashpoint. All I said was that it wouldn't be titled Flashpoint.
Old 04-09-18, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah I misread that part. I think I heard someplace else that it may not actually be Flashpoint though.
Old 04-09-18, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts

Well.. my excitement for this just dropped. In other news, the new Suicide Squad DCAU film was pretty good. At least DC gets animated films.
Old 04-09-18, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Well.. my excitement for this just dropped. In other news, the new Suicide Squad DCAU film was pretty good. At least DC gets animated films.
You must be watching different animated films than I am. Their non "Nu-52" titles are fine, but otherwise...
Old 05-22-18, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

‘Dredd’s Mark Digby Hired As The New Production Designer For ‘The Flash’ Movie

Today, we revealed that production designer Beth Mickle (Drive, The Duce) had opted to exit the Flash movie to instead work on Marvel’s Guardians of The Galaxy Vol.3 and as a follow up we have learned who will replace her.

Omega Underground has learned The Flash will now see Mark Digby (Slumdog Millionare) production design for the upcoming DC Comics film.

Mark might not automatically sound familiar but the production designer has worked closely with Alex Garland on films such as Dredd, Ex Machina, and Annihilation. He recently worked on HBO’s Fahenheit 451 starting Michael B. Jordan and Michael Shannon which filmed in Toronto.
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/05...ash-movie/amp/

Also, in an interview, Kiersey Clemons has said she is still playing Iris West.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/22/t...ons-iris-west/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.