Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Old 02-15-22, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
It doesn’t matter - you don’t think other people have looked at this and thought “that isn’t her”? If anyone could prove otherwise, they would.
Ummmm....

Isn't incumbent on the people claiming that this woman who looks NOTHING like Bridget Fonda is, in fact, her? Don't they have to provide the proof since what they're claiming seems highly unlikely.

We've all seen women gain weight. Ann Wilson. Kirstie Alley. Delta Burke. None of them looked radically different, even decades later. Just bigger and puffier in the cheeks, etc.

That woman looks like a completely different person. In only 12 years. Not 30 years, 12.

There are multiple possible reasons why Fonda hasn't come out publicly. One being she doesn't want to be out in public, and this is giving her cover. If she's developed a phobia or other issue regarding being in the public eye this is a great way to stay out of it. She could just tell family and friends to say nothing and she's content be the next Howard Hughes type recluse. To me that's far more likely than her becoming a completely different person in appearance in only 12 years.
Old 02-15-22, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 282 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
Ummmm....

Isn't incumbent on the people claiming that this woman who looks NOTHING like Bridget Fonda is, in fact, her? Don't they have to provide the proof since what they're claiming seems highly unlikely.

We've all seen women gain weight. Ann Wilson. Kirstie Alley. Delta Burke. None of them looked radically different, even decades later. Just bigger and puffier in the cheeks, etc.

That woman looks like a completely different person. In only 12 years. Not 30 years, 12.

There are multiple possible reasons why Fonda hasn't come out publicly. One being she doesn't want to be out in public, and this is giving her cover. If she's developed a phobia or other issue regarding being in the public eye this is a great way to stay out of it. She could just tell family and friends to say nothing and she's content be the next Howard Hughes type recluse. To me that's far more likely than her becoming a completely different person in appearance in only 12 years.
What speaks against it, is the fact that no one claimed to be the person in the photos. In a country where everybody sues everybody else, I would expect someone who rightfully felt invated in her privacy would sue.
Old 02-15-22, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
What speaks against it, is the fact that no one claimed to be the person in the photos. In a country where everybody sues everybody else, I would expect someone who rightfully felt invated in her privacy would sue.
Sue for what? What damages?

And when you're out in public you have no expectation of privacy, legally. It costs a lot of money to sue, and if you have a shaky case the safest thing to do is let it go.

When a reputable news source says it's her, or SHE comes forward and says it's her, then I'll buy it. So far I have heard or read of no one reputable definitively saying that it's her.
Old 02-15-22, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 636 Likes on 448 Posts

When a reputable news source says it's her, or SHE comes forward and says it's her, then I'll buy it. So far I have heard or read of no one reputable definitively saying that it's her.
And we're back!
Old 02-15-22, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 150 Posts

But is everyone running the story as fact, or are they running a story as, "Someone reported this," and not stating it to be factually correct and verified?

When is the last time the "news" verified anything??

For the record I don't give one shit one way or the other. I do enjoy seeing everyone whipped up over it however...

Old 02-15-22, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

How can there be any doubt at this point? You really need a public sworn statement from her? They have pictures of the woman putting out garbage bins. I'm guessing the photographers know that address is the home of Fonda & Elfman. They usually engage in small talk with the people they're photographing so they've probably called her by name too. If there was any doubt and some woman was pretending to be Bridget driving around with her son I'm sure the tabloids would be running that story.
Old 02-15-22, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

Someone please check if Jennifer Jason Leigh has updated her look.
The following 2 users liked this post by windom:
EdTheRipper (02-15-22), rennervision (02-16-22)
Old 02-15-22, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by philo View Post
How can there be any doubt at this point? You really need a public sworn statement from her? They have pictures of the woman putting out garbage bins. I'm guessing the photographers know that address is the home of Fonda & Elfman. They usually engage in small talk with the people they're photographing so they've probably called her by name too. If there was any doubt and some woman was pretending to be Bridget driving around with her son I'm sure the tabloids would be running that story.
Yep - even paparazzi know who they are taking a picture of. It's literally how they make a living. They aren't going to snap pics of a random woman on the street, claim it's a celebrity and get paid for it without someone doing the bare minimum to follow up on the facts (especially when the pictures are so drastically different than what we all expected).

It's not like this was on some random person's blog where they took the pics and uploaded everything themselves. These were sold pictures - no one is going to pay without some kind of verification.
Old 02-15-22, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 4,053 Likes on 2,745 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Someone please check if Jennifer Jason Leigh has updated her look.
That's pretty funny.

And yes she has.

Old 02-15-22, 05:04 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 296 Likes on 192 Posts

the same people who believe that woman is really her are the same people that think Bob Saget died of natural causes.
Old 02-15-22, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,154 Likes on 1,431 Posts

Are you suggesting that Bridget Fonda used a decoy and then flew across the country to murder Saget?
Old 02-15-22, 08:08 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Are you suggesting that Bridget Fonda used a decoy and then flew across the country to murder Saget?
I have been sworn to secrecy.
Old 02-15-22, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
the same people who believe that woman is really her are the same people that think Bob Saget died of natural causes.
*sigh*

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Old 02-15-22, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 768 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
*sigh*

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Exactly what THEY want you to think!
Old 02-16-22, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Received 1,059 Likes on 747 Posts

Fonda withdrew from the public eye because she knew 10 dudes on the DVD Talk forum would spend a week screaming at each other about her for little reason.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-16-22)
Old 02-16-22, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 506 Likes on 353 Posts

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm 95% sure it's her at this point.
You can criticize the paparazzi all you want - but they're usually pretty good at identifying celebrities. How often do they track and follow celebs, take their pictures and sell them to publishers a few times - only to find out they took pictures of a nobody instead?
Old 09-15-22, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

Fresh pics for everyone to analyze: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ng-outfit.html
Old 09-15-22, 07:42 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I still don't see it. at all.
Old 09-15-22, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 431 Likes on 367 Posts

Sucks she was one of the hottest women in Hollywood and now she looks like somebody you would see at Wal-Mart.
Old 09-15-22, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,003 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Fresh pics for everyone to analyze: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ng-outfit.html
The 58-year-old shot to fame during the 90s when she appeared in a serious of movies
Old 09-15-22, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 586 Likes on 362 Posts

We all get older. We all go gray. We all gain weight. We get frumpy and unrecognizable. Once you hit 47, everything changes.

But you know I gotta admit, it is difficult to reconcile the screen beauty from Single White Female, Singles, Point of No Return, Jackie Brown, etc. with the woman in those photos.
Old 09-15-22, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 346 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
We all get older. We all go gray. We all gain weight. We get frumpy and unrecognizable. Once you hit 47, everything changes.
Jennifer Lopez is 53yrs and got the body of a 18-21yr. But then again she is strictly diet and exercise because her career depends on her image. Some people give up after a certain age and eat themselves to death with no remorse. Sadly Bridgette is one of them. You don't get that fat naturally. You do get that fat when you give up and don't care what others think.
Old 09-15-22, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 586 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Jennifer Lopez is 53yrs and got the body of a 18-21yr. But then again she is strictly diet and exercise because her career depends on her image. Some people give up after a certain age and eat themselves to death with no remorse. Sadly Bridgette is one of them. You don't get that fat naturally. You do get that fat when you give up and don't care what others think.
Lopez takes care of herself but she has also had a metric ass-ton of plastic surgery. Her face from her Living Color days is pretty different from now. Heck, you can even go back to Money Train and see it.

Can't argue about Fonda though. She has let herself go, but if she's happy then that's all that matters. Live your best life however you want to live it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hokeyboy:
EdTheRipper (09-17-22), JeffTheAlpaca (09-16-22), Kurt D (09-16-22)
Old 09-15-22, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 768 Likes on 564 Posts

What I like is that the photographs and the story only exist to gape at this woman and say, "Look at how this once sexy starlet has become just another fatso!" But they write it like they are describing her arrival on a red carpet, describing her clothes in detail and her hairstyle.

Fonda dressed comfortably in a pair of dark trousers and a black and white striped V-neck T-shirt as she did some shopping at a landscaping supply store. The movie star paired the look with gray sneakers and an over-the-shoulder purse; she went makeup free, and kept her long, brown locks up in a ponytail.

A touch of gray hair shined through around her roots, and the mother-of-one looked noticeably different from her Hollywood days.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (09-16-22)
Old 09-16-22, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 309 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post

But you know I gotta admit, it is difficult to reconcile the screen beauty from Single White Female, Singles, Point of No Return, Jackie Brown, etc. with the woman in those photos.
I still think there is a mental health component to it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.