Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Old 02-14-22, 02:46 AM
  #151  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,361
Received 282 Likes on 230 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
I do not believe that the things you are claiming have any basis in reality, and so I am unable to compose a reasonable reply.
What? I'm agreeing with you, for the most part.
Old 02-14-22, 02:56 AM
  #152  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,185
Received 768 Likes on 564 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
What? I'm agreeing with you, for the most part.
Yes.
You say she is unrecognizable and the change is unexplainable, but then compare the situation to how makeup and lighting can make someone appear differently. Being unrecognizable and looking different based on the situation are two completely different things.
You say the weight gain is drastic, but then say it could be for normal reasons.
IDK what you really think. It all sounds contradictory to me.
Old 02-14-22, 04:49 AM
  #153  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,361
Received 282 Likes on 230 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Yes.
You say she is unrecognizable and the change is unexplainable, but then compare the situation to how makeup and lighting can make someone appear differently. Being unrecognizable and looking different based on the situation are two completely different things.
You say the weight gain is drastic, but then say it could be for normal reasons.
IDK what you really think. It all sounds contradictory to me.
Now she is not recognizable, perhaps she would be a little bit more recognizable under ideal circumstances. An illness is something normal.
Old 02-14-22, 06:25 AM
  #154  
kd5
DVD Talk Legend
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 12,059
Received 251 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

I don't believe that's her. Plain and simple.
Old 02-14-22, 09:07 AM
  #155  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 40,314
Received 1,744 Likes on 1,244 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Has anyone run the pictures through a CSI face-id program?
Old 02-14-22, 09:42 AM
  #156  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 40,656
Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
I don't believe that's her. Plain and simple.
The story has now gone on for too long for it to not be her.
Old 02-14-22, 12:18 PM
  #157  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,171
Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
The story has now gone on for too long for it to not be her.
That logic is... flawed.

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
I do not buy that those pictures are of Bridget Fonda. I believe this is a hoax.

Forget the weight, the face doesn't look like her at all. We can see (and have seen, many times over) what weight gain looks like (puffy face), but weight gain doesn't look like a completely different person - like those pictures do.

Until we see her positively identified (by someone in a position to know) as Bridget Fonda I simply don't buy it.
Old 02-14-22, 12:27 PM
  #158  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,752
Received 147 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

If the tabloid stalkerazzi / paparazzi are extremely hardcore, they can do a dna test from a soda can, coffee cup, etc .... she has discarded. A comparison dna would be to get a soda can, coffee cup, paper napkin, etc ... discarded by a known blood relative.
Old 02-14-22, 01:12 PM
  #159  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 40,314
Received 1,744 Likes on 1,244 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by morriscroy View Post
If the tabloid stalkerazzi / paparazzi are extremely hardcore, they can do a dna test from a soda can, coffee cup, etc .... she has discarded. A comparison dna would be to get a soda can, coffee cup, paper napkin, etc ... discarded by a known blood relative.
That's not creepy at all.
Old 02-14-22, 01:16 PM
  #160  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
rocket1312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,044
Likes: 0
Received 636 Likes on 448 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by morriscroy View Post
If the tabloid stalkerazzi / paparazzi are extremely hardcore, they can do a dna test from a soda can, coffee cup, etc .... she has discarded. A comparison dna would be to get a soda can, coffee cup, paper napkin, etc ... discarded by a known blood relative.
They don't need to do a DNA test because it's her and they know it's her.
Old 02-14-22, 01:25 PM
  #161  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,361
Received 282 Likes on 230 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by rocket1312 View Post
They don't need to do a DNA test because it's her and they know it's her.
They don't need to know if it's her as long as enough people believe it's her, regardless if it's her or not.
The following users liked this post:
B5Erik (02-14-22)
Old 02-14-22, 01:46 PM
  #162  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,171
Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

If anything ever screamed, "CLICKBAIT," this is it.

They can post anything they want and say anything they want. Doesn't make it true.
Old 02-14-22, 02:09 PM
  #163  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 40,656
Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
If anything ever screamed, "CLICKBAIT," this is it.

They can post anything they want and say anything they want. Doesn't make it true.
This has been picked up on multiple sites (including Fox News) and if it wasn't true, about 50 people would come out of the woodwork to say so, including Fonda, Elfman and the woman who isn't her. Which would be an even BETTER story.

Since none of that has happened, it's her.
Old 02-14-22, 02:15 PM
  #164  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,171
Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
This has been picked up on multiple sites (including Fox News) and if it wasn't true, about 50 people would come out of the woodwork to say so, including Fonda, Elfman and the woman who isn't her. Which would be an even BETTER story.

Since none of that has happened, it's her.
Sorry, this just screams of a hoax. Not buying it. And Fox News isn't exactly my barometer of factual reporting...
Old 02-14-22, 02:52 PM
  #165  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,185
Received 768 Likes on 564 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Now she is not recognizable, perhaps she would be a little bit more recognizable under ideal circumstances. An illness is something normal.
In the context of this thread, the words normal and natural have become conflated with regard to aging. While there are many examples of female celebrities who have experienced severe weight gain due to illness, such illnesses are not part of the normal or natural aging process.
Old 02-14-22, 02:58 PM
  #166  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,211
Received 637 Likes on 478 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
Sorry, this just screams of a hoax. Not buying it. And Fox News isn't exactly my barometer of factual reporting...
What this screams of is "Occam's Razor."
Old 02-14-22, 03:07 PM
  #167  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,185
Received 768 Likes on 564 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Apart from the question of whether it's Fonda in those pictures, the story does bring into the light something that is unquestionable: Fonda has entirely removed herself from public life, and that is very odd.

She is from a celebrity family of movie stars. She, herself, was a movie star for 20 years. Her husband is famous and works in the movie business. Even if she wanted to retire from acting, it is really fucking weird that she would completely disappear from the public eye --never attending a single showbiz event for over a decade.

I don't disagree that her private life is her business, but "What happened to Bridget Fonda?" is a mystery.
Old 02-14-22, 03:13 PM
  #168  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,188
Received 187 Likes on 146 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Gaining wait is "normal". We don't have a comparisson of current Bridget with make up to the 2009 Bridget Fonda, she didn't pose for the pictures either, so they are just bad. If you have a picture of Britney Spears with no make up and sweat pants, she's not a looker. Yes she still is recognizable, but perhaps Bridget Fonda would be more recognizable, if she had make up on and the posed for a photo.

The wait gain can have different reasons or singular or in combination, but I don't think it's our business.
I agree. We've all seen the comments in the teachers banging the students thread. When only the mugshots are posted, many will call them guilty. When someone else posts their Instagram and Facebook photos, the same people change their verdict to not guilty.
Old 02-14-22, 04:37 PM
  #169  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,648
Likes: 0
Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Somebody should check the license plate of the car.
Check out images of Sheena Easton in grocery store parking lot.
Old 02-14-22, 05:19 PM
  #170  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 23,140
Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Regardless of whether or not it's her in the photos, and the fact that it's Fox news makes it somewhat doubtful, this does bring something to light . If a man goes out and gains a lot of weight and looks unhealthy and people say he needs to lose weight for health reasons, it's seen as being concerned for him. If someone says the same of a woman the same age, then they get labeled a pig and told to mind their own business.
Old 02-14-22, 06:07 PM
  #171  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 40,656
Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
Sorry, this just screams of a hoax. Not buying it. And Fox News isn't exactly my barometer of factual reporting...
But again, if this were a hoax THAT'S A BETTER STORY. Everyone would run the story of some poor woman who gets mistaken for a reclusive celebrity, The fact that that hasn't happened pretty much proves it's true. She could squash it with one photo.

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
If a man goes out and gains a lot of weight and looks unhealthy and people say he needs to lose weight for health reasons, it's seen as being concerned for him. If someone says the same of a woman the same age, then they get labeled a pig and told to mind their own business.
Would you say that there is much more emphasis that hot women (especially celebrities) stay hot? And if they don't - it's a pile-on? You can see it in this very story. Her looks and her weight are her businesses. People certainly don't need to weigh in on any of it, especially since she already removed herself from public life. Maybe she just said "fuck it" since she spent her youth dieting and now she eats whatever she wants whenever she wants? Why is this a story at all?
Old 02-14-22, 06:10 PM
  #172  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,171
Received 312 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
But again, if this were a hoax THAT'S A BETTER STORY. Everyone would run the story of some poor woman who gets mistaken for a reclusive celebrity, The fact that that hasn't happened pretty much proves it's true. She could squash it with one photo.
But is everyone running the story as fact, or are they running a story as, "Someone reported this," and not stating it to be factually correct and verified?
Old 02-14-22, 09:05 PM
  #173  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 40,656
Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
But is everyone running the story as fact, or are they running a story as, "Someone reported this," and not stating it to be factually correct and verified?
It doesn’t matter - you don’t think other people have looked at this and thought “that isn’t her”? If anyone could prove otherwise they would.
Old 02-14-22, 09:06 PM
  #174  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 40,656
Received 966 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
But is everyone running the story as fact, or are they running a story as, "Someone reported this," and not stating it to be factually correct and verified?
It doesn’t matter - you don’t think other people have looked at this and thought “that isn’t her”? If anyone could prove otherwise, they would.
Old 02-14-22, 10:16 PM
  #175  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,542
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

The deniers in this thread...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.