Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Old 02-01-22, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by movieguru
It looks like the paparazzi are still following her around and got new pictures of her today.

Her smile in the first picture of the smaller three certainly looks like her.
Old 02-01-22, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

She looks very happy. I feel so bad for her that this paparazzi asswipe is stalking her around invading her privacy.
The following 5 users liked this post by Sonic:
[email protected] (02-02-22), andicus (02-02-22), Ginwen (02-02-22), Kurt D (02-06-22), Norm de Plume (02-02-22)
Old 02-02-22, 11:24 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I think it’s her. But if it’s not, I wonder what that woman thinks about it.
Old 02-02-22, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Actress Melanie Lynskey is being defended by her husband Jason Ritter against the body-shaming trolls on Twitter.

I'm surprised Danny Elfman hasn't stepped up for Bridget yet...
Old 02-02-22, 05:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

still don't see Bridget Fonda at all in those photos.
Old 02-02-22, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
I'm surprised Danny Elfman hasn't stepped up for Bridget yet...
Honestly, do we even know for sure they're still together? They could be separated for all we know. Does he ever mention her in recent interviews?
Old 02-02-22, 06:14 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Honestly, do we even know for sure they're still together? They could be separated for all we know. Does he ever mention her in recent interviews?
He mentioned “my wife” in interviews last year doing press for the album he put out.
Old 02-02-22, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
He mentioned “my wife” in interviews last year doing press for the album he put out.
Until he puts out a statement saying they're still married, I don't see any evidence here to suggest that they are.
Old 02-02-22, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

Well, this woman seems to have the obligatory Tinseltown Range Rover, so chances are it's her. Either way, as Sonic wrote, the bottom-feeders should leave her alone.
Old 02-06-22, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Until he puts out a statement saying they're still married, I don't see any evidence here to suggest that they are.

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Bridget Fonda hasn't spoken publically in 13 years, until she puts out a statement saying she still has vocal cords, I don't see any evidence here to suggest she does.
Old 02-06-22, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I think that was meant in jest.
Old 02-06-22, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I think that was meant in jest.
ahh didn’t catch that.
Old 02-12-22, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Started rewatching Stargate SG-1. Got to wondering what happened to Richard Dean Anderson. Looked him up. If I didn't know it was him up front I wouldn't have known it was him. Knowing it's him the resemblance it obvious. Been 15 years since SG-1. Looks good for 72 but a far cry from the fit, hunk Col. Jack O'Neill.
Old 02-12-22, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Look at James Spader. If someone only knew him from Pretty in Pink, then saw a recent episode of The Blacklist, they probably wouldn't recognize him as the same person if they didn't know it. Since he's worked pretty much continuously over those years, we've seen his appearance change occur gradually and have no problem accepting it.
Old 02-12-22, 06:27 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah, its okay if men put on weight, but when a woman does...
Old 02-12-22, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Look at James Spader. If someone only knew him from Pretty in Pink, then saw a recent episode of The Blacklist, they probably wouldn't recognize him as the same person if they didn't know it. Since he's worked pretty much continuously over those years, we've seen his appearance change occur gradually and have no problem accepting it.

People have no trouble accepting it because, accounting for the fact that the pictures are 35 years apart, anyone can clearly see that it is the same person. It may not be immediately obvious, but it is undeniable clear. That is not the case with those Fonda pictures. She does not resemble her 2009 self at all, and that's 13 years.
Old 02-13-22, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
People have no trouble accepting it because, accounting for the fact that the pictures are 35 years apart, anyone can clearly see that it is the same person. It may not be immediately obvious, but it is undeniable clear. That is not the case with those Fonda pictures. She does not resemble her 2009 self at all, and that's 13 years.
The new pictures are pretty bad, taken from a distance, out of focus. She doesn't look like 2009 Bridget Fonda, but she doesn't look like Mickey Rourke either. So why don't leave it alone?
Old 02-13-22, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Runaway
The new pictures are pretty bad, taken from a distance, out of focus. She doesn't look like 2009 Bridget Fonda, but she doesn't look like Mickey Rourke either. So why don't leave it alone?
Because whenever someone says or implies that her transformation is just normal aging, my internal truthometer demands that I point out that it is bullshit.
Old 02-13-22, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because whenever someone says or implies that her transformation is just normal aging, my internal truthometer demands that I point out that it is bullshit.
Gaining wait is "normal". We don't have a comparisson of current Bridget with make up to the 2009 Bridget Fonda, she didn't pose for the pictures either, so they are just bad. If you have a picture of Britney Spears with no make up and sweat pants, she's not a looker. Yes she still is recognizable, but perhaps Bridget Fonda would be more recognizable, if she had make up on and the posed for a photo.

The wait gain can have different reasons or singular or in combination, but I don't think it's our business.
Old 02-13-22, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gaining wait is "normal". We don't have a comparisson of current Bridget with make up to the 2009 Bridget Fonda, she didn't pose for the pictures either, so they are just bad. If you have a picture of Britney Spears with no make up and sweat pants, she's not a looker. Yes she still is recognizable, but perhaps Bridget Fonda would be more recognizable, if she had make up on and the posed for a photo.

The wait gain can have different reasons or singular or in combination, but I don't think it's our business.
It appears she has doubled her body mass in a decade. That's not part of the normal aging process.

weight, btw

Agreed, her life is not our business, but honestly for a high profile celebrity to purposefully disappear from the public eye while being married to another celebrity is also not normal.

It seems that some people have very different facial recognition skills. For example, I find it very difficult to see the face that I would recognize as Fonda's in those pictures. But on the other hand, there's no way you could show me a picture of Britney Spears taken at any moment during her adult life so far that I would not be able to recognize her.
Old 02-14-22, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It appears she has doubled her body mass in a decade. That's not part of the normal aging process.

weight, btw

Agreed, her life is not our business, but honestly for a high profile celebrity to purposefully disappear from the public eye while being married to another celebrity is also not normal.

It seems that some people have very different facial recognition skills. For example, I find it very difficult to see the face that I would recognize as Fonda's in those pictures. But on the other hand, there's no way you could show me a picture of Britney Spears taken at any moment during her adult life so far that I would not be able to recognize her.
Like I said, Britney Spears is always recognizable, my point was she looks different in a random paparazzi picture than in a photo with make up, she posed for. So perhaps Bridget Fonda would be more recognizable, not easily recognizable, under the same prerequisite. I don't recognize her either, which is weird and can't just be explained away, she has not been seen for 10 years and if it is her, it's not weight gained with a pound here and there, it's accelerated at some point, but the reason for that can be "normal" too.
Old 02-14-22, 12:22 AM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

This thread continues to be embarrassing from old white men who cannot let something go. Jesus.
The following 3 users liked this post by Throwing Copper:
Boondock Saint (02-15-22), E Unit (02-14-22), Kurt D (02-15-22)
Old 02-14-22, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Like I said, Britney Spears is always recognizable, my point was she looks different in a random paparazzi picture than in a photo with make up, she posed for. So perhaps Bridget Fonda would be more recognizable, not easily recognizable, under the same prerequisite. I don't recognize her either, which is weird and can't just be explained away, she has not been seen for 10 years and if it is her, it's not weight gained with a pound here and there, it's accelerated at some point, but the reason for that can be "normal" too.
I do not believe that the things you are claiming have any basis in reality, and so I am unable to compose a reasonable reply.
Old 02-14-22, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
This thread continues to be embarrassing from old white men who cannot let something go. Jesus.
This thread can be like the X-rated section of an old video store, if you are embarrassed, you can just stop visiting it.
The following users liked this post:
bchbdaddy (02-14-22)
Old 02-14-22, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 478 Likes on 350 Posts

I do not buy that those pictures are of Bridget Fonda. I believe this is a hoax.

Forget the weight, the face doesn't look like her at all. We can see what weight gain looks like (puffy face), but it doesn't look like a completely different person - like those pictures do.

Until we see her positively identified (by someone in a position to know) as Bridget Fonda I simply don't buy it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.