Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Old 01-28-22, 06:35 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 28,838
Received 1,047 Likes on 694 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
She was in a pretty bad car accident (roll over) back in 2003 and it messed up her back. I'm pretty sure she hasn't felt much like exercising, and since she "retired" back in 2002, I'm guessing she decided she didn't have to watch what she ate anymore to get roles like she had to before.

I bet we don't see much of her out in public again after her "birthday spread" came out yesterday. I feel bad for her with all the crap she's getting for "letting herself go" now that she's been seen at 58 years old with her mid-life, menopausal figure and graying hair and in comfortable, casual clothes (basically the same types I wear since I'm a year behind her and have the same body type).

And its not like Danny Elfman is complaining. Then again neither is Pierce Brosnan in regards to his wife Keeley Smith - who also gained a bit of weight over the course of their marriage.
Yes, but you aren't related to Barbarella. She has awesome genes. You and I don't. So it's disappointing when someone who has such a leg up in life still falls down to our level.
Old 01-28-22, 07:29 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 10,283
Received 340 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Yes, but you aren't related to Barbarella. She has awesome genes.
This was Jane at 58








Old 01-28-22, 10:43 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,368
Received 796 Likes on 585 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
This was Jane at 58


Hell . . . this is her at 80


Old 01-28-22, 10:43 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,553
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Yes, but you aren't related to Barbarella. She has awesome genes. You and I don't. So it's disappointing when someone who has such a leg up in life still falls down to our level.
Jane was into those workout videos back in the 80's. Bridgett could take after her mother's side for all we know. But let's not blame it on genes.
Old 01-29-22, 12:15 AM
  #55  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,711
Received 2,270 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Hell . . . this is her at 80

Iíve never wanted to be a microphone so bad in my life.
Old 01-29-22, 12:31 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 15,905
Received 543 Likes on 378 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
She was in a pretty bad car accident (roll over) back in 2003 and it messed up her back. I'm pretty sure she hasn't felt much like exercising, and since she "retired" back in 2002, I'm guessing she decided she didn't have to watch what she ate anymore to get roles like she had to before.
Except that she still looked great in 2009. So whatever happened/changed, it was in the last 12 years... probably within the last 5-8 years is my guess.
Old 01-29-22, 12:49 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,072
Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Iíve never wanted to be a microphone so bad in my life.
I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Thank you for that.
The following users liked this post:
GoldenJCJ (01-29-22)
Old 01-29-22, 01:15 AM
  #58  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 20,231
Received 475 Likes on 398 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Her dad Peter Fonda passed away not that long ago in 2019 and maybe his health problems added stress to her life

I bet girls might be saying the same things discussed here about Brendan Frasier and Russell Crowe her peers who have not aged well.

I wonder what 90's actress who has not worked in a long time will be outed and photographed next by the paparazzi?

I bet Sarah Michelle Gellar hired extra security this week.
Old 01-29-22, 01:23 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
philo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under the sofa cushions
Posts: 1,101
Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

That's really shocking. At first I couldn't believe it was her but if you look at that one high-res profile picture and cover everything but the eyes nose and mouth I do see a resemblance. Damn.
Old 01-29-22, 02:35 AM
  #60  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,368
Received 796 Likes on 585 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I wonder what 90's actress who has not worked in a long time will be outed and photographed next by the paparazzi?

I bet Sarah Michelle Gellar hired extra security this week.
I see what you were trying to do, but SMG has an IG account and posts pictures of herself all the time.
Old 01-29-22, 04:31 AM
  #61  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Perkinsun Dzees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 3,833
Received 200 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

The original La Femme Nikita, Anne Parillaud, still looks damn fine at age 61.


Old 01-29-22, 09:27 AM
  #62  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
philo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under the sofa cushions
Posts: 1,101
Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

It makes me wonder if there's mental health issues. The scarcity of pictures over so many years, was she a recluse? It's one thing to stop making movies. It's another to shut yourself away from daily life. They have tons of money. There's personal trainers, dieticians, chefs. For someone to let themself go to that degree is not just about walking away from the pressures of Hollywood. And it's not body shaming to be concerned about someone's physical deterioration which invites a whole bunch of risk factors including diabetes and high blood pressure. It's alarming on many levels.
The following users liked this post:
Hazel Motes (01-30-22)
Old 01-29-22, 02:25 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,047
Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
This was Jane at 58
Before the horrendous plastic surgery.
Old 01-29-22, 04:17 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,553
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by philo View Post
It makes me wonder if there's mental health issues. The scarcity of pictures over so many years, was she a recluse? It's one thing to stop making movies. It's another to shut yourself away from daily life. They have tons of money. There's personal trainers, dieticians, chefs. For someone to let themself go to that degree is not just about walking away from the pressures of Hollywood. And it's not body shaming to be concerned about someone's physical deterioration which invites a whole bunch of risk factors including diabetes and high blood pressure. It's alarming on many levels.
The car accident in 2003, her father's death from cancer a few years ago - are a couple of things I can think of that may have effected her mentally. I will point out that she looks pretty pale in her recent photo, so it doesn't look like she gets much sun.
Old 01-29-22, 06:41 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
philo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under the sofa cushions
Posts: 1,101
Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

I doubt it was the accident. There's photos of her and Danny at different events in 2009 where she looked lovely as ever. I was trying to pinpoint exactly when her public appearances stopped. My brief search didn't turn up anything past 2009.

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
The car accident in 2003, her father's death from cancer a few years ago - are a couple of things I can think of that may have effected her mentally. I will point out that she looks pretty pale in her recent photo, so it doesn't look like she gets much sun.
Old 01-29-22, 07:00 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,072
Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
This was Jane at 58


Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Before the horrendous plastic surgery.
I think Jane looks great and has for the past 30+ years. She didn't go overboard like Meg Ryan or Madonna. It just looks she's been getting upkeep work over time. And it's very subtle.

https://www.allure.com/story/jane-fo...ir-oscars-2020
Old 01-29-22, 07:02 PM
  #67  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,772
Received 311 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

I am struggling to find any features on that older woman that suggest that is truly Bridget Fonda.
Old 01-29-22, 08:53 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,055
Received 649 Likes on 437 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Same here. The “disappearance” if you will does make the photo more intriguing. It’s also totally possible to change your appearance that drastically in 13 years. I’m just struggling to believe it.
Old 01-29-22, 09:10 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 19,715
Received 1,189 Likes on 858 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
I am struggling to find any features on that older woman that suggest that is truly Bridget Fonda.
I dunno, her nose looks almost the same in both photos. But even with that, I'm shocked by the photo, I had such a crush on her in the 90's.
Old 01-29-22, 09:30 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 10,690
Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

I feel like I can pretty clearly see her facial similarities... it's everything else that's unrecognizable. Obviously aging happens differently for everyone, some of it's genes, but I would assume most it's lifestyle. And as someone pointed out, there is no class issue here... she could afford whatever she wants for help.
Old 01-29-22, 09:58 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,711
Received 2,270 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Maybe the real, still smoking hot, Bridget Fonda will come out of hiding to dispute the Daily Mail story.

At least, thatís what Iím hoping forÖ
Old 01-29-22, 10:17 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,281
Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

She looks a lot different, but you can't expect any celebrity to look close to the same as they did thirty years ago. She reminds me of one of the tabloid photos of Yasmine Bleeth when she was having her downfall. So as someone else pointed out, she could be having some kind of mental health issues. But she is also approaching sixty and aging like anyone else. Just think of all the frumpy sixty year olds you see out there in public now, might have been total hotties thirty years ago and now you wouldn't give them the time of day.
Old 01-30-22, 12:58 AM
  #73  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,072
Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
She looks a lot different, but you can't expect any celebrity to look close to the same as they did thirty years ago. She reminds me of one of the tabloid photos of Yasmine Bleeth when she was having her downfall. So as someone else pointed out, she could be having some kind of mental health issues. But she is also approaching sixty and aging like anyone else. Just think of all the frumpy sixty year olds you see out there in public now, might have been total hotties thirty years ago and now you wouldn't give them the time of day.
Although they are still in front of the camera, I can think of a few actresses around the same age who look pretty close to what they did thirty years ago. And don't look like they've had any work done. Elizabeth Shue immediately comes to mind. Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, Elizabeth Hurley and Michelle Pfeiffer are a few others. I truly hope Bridget is o.k., and happy. She was always one of my favorites.
Old 01-30-22, 01:23 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 11,368
Received 796 Likes on 585 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Let's be frank. If this is her, then the answer to the question is: something awful.

The idea that this is just normal aging is ludicrous.

-------------This is 2009, and she is 45. Still a thin and beautiful woman.

--

-------If this is her at 58, she has more than doubled her body mass in less than 13 years.

Yes, people do age, even movie stars. Hair gets gray, wrinkles appear, and weight gets gained. But this is absolutely NOT normal aging, as some people are saying.

She comes from a famous family of rail thin movie stars. Her aunt is one of the world's most famous fitness fanatics. SHE IS RICH! That means she has access to the best nutrition, life support, and medical care in the world.

She removed herself from the public eye, and her life is hers to live, but any notion that this is normal or just natural aging is crapola.


The following users liked this post:
Daytripper (01-30-22)
Old 01-30-22, 01:47 AM
  #75  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,072
Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Let's be frank. If this is her, then the answer to the question is: something awful.

The idea that this is just normal aging is ludicrous.

-------------This is 2009, and she is 45. Still a thin and beautiful woman.

--

-------If this is her at 58, she has more than doubled her body mass in less than 13 years.

Yes, people do age, even movie stars. Hair gets gray, wrinkles appear, and weight gets gained. But this is absolutely NOT normal aging, as some people are saying.

She comes from a famous family of rail thin movie stars. Her aunt is one of the world's most famous fitness fanatics. SHE IS RICH! That means she has access to the best nutrition, life support, and medical care in the world.

She removed herself from the public eye, and her life is hers to live, but any notion that this is normal or just natural aging is crapola.
I could not agree with you more. Seeing her like this truly upset and depressed me. I was hoping this was a hoax and not her. And I am genuinely concerned.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.