Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-22, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,198 Likes on 2,064 Posts
Re: What happened to Bridget Fonda?

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
schadenfreude
Maybe for the gossips rags and purely miserable people but are there any normal people that wanted Bridget Fonda to to fail? She’s adorable, a favorite of a lot of people during her peak, and seems to be an all-around decent person (I don’t recall and bad press for her when she was in the spotlight).
Old 09-18-22, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

schadenfreude
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Maybe for the gossips rags and purely miserable people but are there any normal people that wanted Bridget Fonda to to fail? She’s adorable, a favorite of a lot of people during her peak, and seems to be an all-around decent person (I don’t recall and bad press for her when she was in the spotlight).
It does not mean hoping someone will fail, it is being pleased when someone does. And it is not about her specifically, it is what she represents.
Old 09-19-22, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
And I still don’t understand why anyone cares what this person does or doesn’t do with her life, especially to the point of stalking her to take pictures so that people can…what, point and laugh? What’s the endgame here?
Well, for me, I was a huge fan of hers and I get worried about her health. Mentally and physically. You won't see me laughing at her.
Old 04-15-23, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Some new photos of Bridget at Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...re-outing.html
Old 04-15-23, 01:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

it truly boggles my mind how she looks like that now.
Old 04-15-23, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In the "Only Nixon could go to China" spirit, I will say that no one (in the world) ever needs to comment on this ever again.
The following 2 users liked this post by Count Dooku:
Kurt D (04-15-23), The Antipodean (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

So is this poor woman going to be hounded by the tabloid trash every time she goes shopping for the rest of her life because she doesn’t look like she did 25 years ago? 😩
The following 2 users liked this post by The Antipodean:
DJariya (04-15-23), Kurt D (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 977 Likes on 688 Posts

In the "Only Nixon could go to China" spirit, I will say that no one (in the world) ever needs to comment on this ever again.
So I assume Danny Elfman's accountant finally made a statement?
Old 04-15-23, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM

If 2004 was her last movie probably close to 19 years has passed which is a lot of time for people to change.

Maybe the people that got plastic surgery and ruined their looks should be the ones that people go after and not the people that age over time.
The following users liked this post:
bchbdaddy (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by The Antipodean
So is this poor woman going to be hounded by the tabloid trash every time she goes shopping for the rest of her life because she doesn’t look like she did 25 years ago? 😩
Yeah people, especially those tabloid photographers, need to leave her the fuck alone. Just let her live her life away from the spotlight. We don't need regular updates on her physical appearance for people to mock her.
Kurt D (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

I watched that Alanis Morissette documentary on HBO and she talks about how the record people hounded her and ate whatever they wanted in front of her but only let her have a coffee without milk. I'm sure it's probably worse for young actresses.
if Bridget wants to eat whatever long after she retired, I'm okay with that.
Old 04-15-23, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
If 2004 was her last movie probably close to 19 years has passed which is a lot of time for people to change.
19 years ago wasn't the last time she was captured out in public. She was at some red carpet in mid 2009 and the dramatic change was captured early last year... so that was only around a 12 year difference.
And I doubt she started to drastically change right after that red carpet event, so the majority of change probably happened during 10 years or so. I suspect there's some health issues (physical or mental) at play because that's not the result of natural aging. I haven't seen Phoebe Cates in a long time, but I'm sure she'd still be recognizable even though she's aged.

Again, pretty scummy for tabloid photographers to hound her like that. She hasn't changed since the last time they did hounded her, so I fail to see the value of the new photos.
Old 04-16-23, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
19 years ago wasn't the last time she was captured out in public. She was at some red carpet in mid 2009 and the dramatic change was captured early last year... so that was only around a 12 year difference.
And I doubt she started to drastically change right after that red carpet event, so the majority of change probably happened during 10 years or so. I suspect there's some health issues (physical or mental) at play because that's not the result of natural aging. I haven't seen Phoebe Cates in a long time, but I'm sure she'd still be recognizable even though she's aged.
My daughter saw Phoebe Cates (and Kevin Kline) at a recent concert by her daughter Greta (Frankie Cosmos) in NYC and said that she’s still gorgeous and that she chatted with her and she was really nice. Unfortunately she didn’t take a picture of Phoebe.
Old 04-16-23, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

The luckiest man on earth with his wife at the 2017 Tony awards. This might be the most current photo I could find of her.
Old 04-16-23, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno... I guess she looks like Phoebe. I'm gonna need to see her tits to be sure (queuing up The Cars' Moving in Stereo).
Old 04-16-23, 12:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Maybe the people that got plastic surgery and ruined their looks should be the ones that people go after and not the people that age over time.
I'm just talking physiologically. for someone who was so skinny to look like this now, must've been doing awful things to herself to keep herself rail thin in the day, or perhaps now she's on some meds that cause this type of weight gain.

sure we all put on weight as we get older, but generally your "body type" is preserved or at least recognizable to some extent...

oh and I totally agree with the plastic surgery comment. it makes you wonder who they think they are fooling.
Old 04-20-23, 08:05 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Now there's video:

EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Brown star Bridget Fonda, 59, says she's DONE with Hollywood as reclusive actress says it's 'too nice being a civilian' while arriving at LAX... 20 YEARS after leaving the limelight
  • The former Hollywood starlet was pictured looking comfortable as she made her way through the airport with 18-year-old son Oliver Elfman
  • When asked if she wanted to make a move back into Hollywood, Fonda replied, 'No, I don't think so, it's too nice being a civilian'
  • Fonda made her mark on the acting world in the '80s and '90s after snagging key roles in a number of box office hits, including Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown, before stepping away to focus on family in 2002
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iving-LAX.html
Old 04-20-23, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,198 Likes on 2,064 Posts

^ I guess that confirms it. I was waiting for her to speak and when she did, she sounded like Bridget Fonda. Her voice is a little more gruff but it’s the same.

As long as she’s happy, good for her. Let the paparazzi leave her alone now.
The following 5 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
cultshock (04-21-23), Kurt D (04-20-23), Nesbit (04-20-23), stvn1974 (04-21-23), Toby Dramit (04-20-23)
Old 04-20-23, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess that settles the "is it really her?" question. It is weird that someone can leave public life for a couple decades and still be bothered by like that going about their daily life. Kinda makes me support the idea of open carry firearms.
Old 04-20-23, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Originally Posted by TGM
I'm just talking physiologically. for someone who was so skinny to look like this now, must've been doing awful things to herself to keep herself rail thin in the day, or perhaps now she's on some meds that cause this type of weight gain.

sure we all put on weight as we get older, but generally your "body type" is preserved or at least recognizable to some extent...

oh and I totally agree with the plastic surgery comment. it makes you wonder who they think they are fooling.
Typically, I don't call out other members, but your statements are not true at all. People can pack on pounds easily in a short amount of time. Your "body type" won't stay "recognizable to some extent." That is laughable.

And why would you suggest someone was doing awful things to themselves when they were skinny? It seems you are trying to cover more for your first shitty comment you made than to make actual sense on the second comments you made.
Old 04-20-23, 10:55 PM

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

I’d still take a roll with that
Old 04-20-23, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If she weren't rich/famous and just lived a regular life - I think I could get her (not that I want her).
Old 04-21-23, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral
If she weren't rich/famous and just lived a regular life - I think I could get her (not that I want her).
Not sure how "famous" we can call her now, when you can post her picture in a Movie Talk forum, and people don't know who she is.
Old 04-21-23, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

At this point, the only thing I'd like to see is a photo of Bridget and Danny Elfman together. Hopefully, they are still happy married.
Old 04-21-23, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

After watching that video, I don't think she looks too bad. I bet its a relief for her that she doesn't have to exercise her ass off and live on less than 1,000 calories a day for movie roles anymore. She just looks like a typical middle-aged woman with kids now, just living her life. Good for her.
Kurt D (04-21-23)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.