Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dead End Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched Dead End last night and thought it was a pretty good flick. It actually had my suspense level raised, which is hard to do anymore (I guess I'm a jaded bastard). Anyways, I watched it in the middle of the night while up with my teething 7-month old baby girl and I'm not sure I totally understand the ending.

I'm not going to use spoiler tags - don't read any further if you haven't seen the movie.

Ok. The father almost hits a car and thus the adventure begins. However, by the end of the flick, you see that he actually did hit the oncoming car. The woman & child in this car died and it is this woman who appears to the family from time to time, kinda getting revenge. The old Buick (or whatever it was, not good at identifying a car of that era) that seems to take these victims to their doom is actually the car that arrives at the scene of the afore-mentioned accident and takes the daughter to the hospital. The town that they are trying to get to via the road signs is Marcott. Marcott is the name of the doctor who treats the daughter.

My hazy, sleepy deduction at the end of this movie was that the entire movie was a figment of the daughter's imagination or a coma-induced dream.

Am I right or did something supernatural actually happen? Or, are there multiple interpretations?
Old 11-17-04, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I rented this as a blind rent and it was pretty good.

What happened was that they did have an accident in the beginning. The daughter was the only one who survived and the whole movie was a dream/coma. the guy in the black car was the one who saw it and called 911 or whatever he did to get help, maybe he was the one who loaded each person into his car and drove them to the hospital hence that is why he was picking them up...? But there still seems to be something up with the guy in the black car, maybe it wasnt completely a dream cause at the end the fathers note that he wrote was found by the clean up crew...hmmmm. Grim Reaper of sorts? maybe thats going too far into the supernatural.

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 11-17-04 at 02:55 PM.