Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Slumber Party Massacre Trilogy...Discuss!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay...I just saw Slumber Party Massacre 2 this weekend with my friends...One of the funniest things EVER!

The songs that their band sings, Wednesday Week, are hilarious. They're hilarious because they are so horribly written. "Pie in the Sky" had me shaking my head in disbelief.

"Oh, all I want to be is a pie in the sky, yes all I want to be is a pie in the sky...." <-----this song is, as said by one character, going to rocket them to the top of the charts...

Rent this movie! See Crystal Bernard just 4 years before WINGS came on tv. See her run from the 'driller killer'.

Oh yeah, the killer is a guy dressed like Elvis who shows up in the final 20 minutes of the movie for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL and kills people with an 8 inch drill that is attached to the tip of his electric guitar. Somehow nobody is fast enough to get away from him while he's lugging the thing around. It's AWESOME.

Anyone else seen this, or any of the other films in this series? Discuss!
Old 11-04-04, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first one's was pretty good. The killer isn't scary at all though...if I remember correctly he's just a skinny balding white guy walking around with a drill. No mask, no clown makeup, zip. Definitely no Elvis costume, b/c at least that would have been funny. I mean, I don't want a drill bored into my skull or anything, but he was pretty boring and unmemorable for a horror villian. The movie does have b-movie scream queen Brinke Stevens, and she has one of the more suspenseful deaths
Spoiler:
near the beginning when she forgets a book and goes back to the gym locker room ALONE (uh, oh..big mistake
All in all, though, it's fun, a good slice of 80s b-horror cheese, just don't expect to actually be scared.

I rented it along with "Sorority House Massacre", and I actually thought Sorority had a more interesting plot and more suspense. The worst part was that, like SPM, the killer here was pretty dull, just an escaped mental patient walking around with a knife. But it's still pretty good, and funny in parts too. There's one hilariously cheesy scene where the girls raid the "fashionable" girl's closet and dance around in her hideously tacky big shoulder-padded outfits. You gotta love these scenes, only in 80s slashers. I say give this one and "Slumber Party Massacre" a rent if you haven't seen them (i haven't seen SPM 3). I don't think they're as hilariously awful as SPM 2, though, but they're pretty fun.
Old 11-05-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first one is great. The third one is good too but the second one is too Troma-ish. Painfully bad.
Old 11-05-04, 02:09 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the first one, even though it's still kinda bad. The trailer is awesome, though. Lots of nudity and violence in that alone! Hell, it's basically the whole movie condensed into two minutes. The second one was just too cheesy for me. I don't think I've seen number 3.
Old 11-17-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the trilogy at one time, because I picked them up from ddd, for like 3 dollars each with the big 20% off sale last year, figure it's the price of the rental why not?

1st is really pretty good I think. I agree the ending is good.
2nd is terrible
3rd is equally as bad, well worse, because it's not even funny,plus over half the movie is clips from the other ones if I remember correctly.

Overall all worth a watch, I think they all have lots of T&A, and some moments, of resembling a good scary movie.
Old 11-18-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I only like the first one. It was directed/written by feminists (Amy Holden Jones and Rita Mae Brown) as a tongue-in-cheek response to all the slasher films of the day.

I love the pizza bit

Last edited by LiquidSky; 11-18-04 at 08:08 AM.