DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   ALI G - INDAHOUSE - Restepc! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/394205-ali-g-indahouse-restepc.html)

mdc3000 11-03-04 09:07 PM

ALI G - INDAHOUSE - Restepc!

Just got finished watching the Ali G movie INDAHOUSE and I have to say, it was brilliant. Probably one of the funniest movies I"ve seen in a long time. What was Universal thinking sending this straight to video? Everyone in the "test screening" audience who didn't "get it" should be ashamed of themselves...you deprived North America of a very funny movie going experience...thank goodness for DVD.

Any fan of the Ali G show has got to check out this flick... truly hilarious. Any thoughts bitches?

MATT

West Staines Massive!

Seantn 11-03-04 09:25 PM

The trailer that was shown before the movie I saw at theaters last week looked painfully unfunny.

Verbal Gorilla 11-03-04 10:19 PM

The movie is, by Sasha's own admission, very different from 'Da Ali G Show'. Personally, I enjoyed the movie, but a lot of it was lame. And Ali G fans don't get any bigger than me. It is a completely different brand of humor even though it plays on the exact same comedic shtick, i.e. pathetic british wannbe gangsta. Some of my friends are also hardcore Ali G fans and yet one of them couldn't even sit through the whole movie.

I recommened it, but I hope anyone who watches it will not be turned off to the actual show since they are in completely different ballparks.

BizRodian 11-03-04 10:43 PM

I watched this very slowly in small doses. Verbal describes it very well above.

scott shelton 11-03-04 11:04 PM

Bootleg in 2002.

R2 in 2002.

And now the R1.

I've never bought a movie so many times before.

Lowbrow humor galore, but a hilarious film.

Michael Ballack 11-04-04 01:52 AM

I think it was just as funny if not funnier then Austin Powers, and yes, it's very different then Da Ali G show, but funny in it's own way.

harosa 11-04-04 06:00 AM

I got this awile back on R2 and loved it, but it does suffer from a little too much overexposure of a character that is awesome in smaller doses but it comes through winningly in the end. The supporting cast is great too, especially Dumbledore.

dyerjp 11-04-04 07:01 AM

that movie was friggin' hilarious. WESTSIDE IS BEST!!!

Fielding Mellish 11-04-04 08:18 AM

Oddly enough, I just came across this flick with Comcast's Starz On Demand the other night and watched it. Some decent gags, the chick from Boston Legal is hot enough, but I don't know if this is an "own" type of disc.

"Ali's stash. Don't nick."

Lorrie F 11-10-04 08:54 PM

I'm an Ali G fan and recently saw the film. It was good.

*WARNING: SPOILER BELOW*

Too heavy on the bestiality sex though, IMO. That might turn a lot of people off.

Verbal Gorilla 11-10-04 11:19 PM

Also, for those interested, the North American disk contains a commentary track by not only Baron Cohen, but Martin Freeman of "Office" fame and "Love Actually". They are both in character as Ali G, and Ricky C respectively. It is totally unscripted and entertaining if you find all of the purely sterotypical type stuff funny. Meaning, there aren't many jokes per se, but a ton of "This scene was wickid man" and "yo, youse look like a fairy dere" etc. (excect funny!)