Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Superman discussion (was cast, now merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Superman discussion (was cast, now merged)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Opposite reaction from me. This trailer made it look like a Lex Luthor movie, not a Superman. Trailer #2 was the one that should've been playing!
Old 05-27-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody know where I can see the new trailer that isn't on Rapidshare? Thanks!
-ringding-
Old 05-27-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
To answer my own question, my local AMC theater did play the new Superman Returns trailer in front of X3. And it was great to hear people squeal with delight at the SR trailer, and it got louder when they showed the bullet bouncing off Supes' eye. Theaters are going to make a lot of money off this film, at least opening week.
Old 05-27-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
Anybody know where I can see the new trailer that isn't on Rapidshare? Thanks!
-ringding-
Bluetights.net and kalel.org have YouTube links up on their pages.
Old 05-27-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
To answer my own question, my local AMC theater did play the new Superman Returns trailer in front of X3. And it was great to hear people squeal with delight at the SR trailer, and it got louder when they showed the bullet bouncing off Supes' eye. Theaters are going to make a lot of money off this film, at least opening week.
Lucky bastard. I went to an AMC theater and didn't get to see it.
Old 05-28-06, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Bluetights.net and kalel.org have YouTube links up on their pages.
Thanks! I just rewatched Superman: The Movie and I am now getting very excited for this film! It, I believe, is (and I think secretly has been) my most anticipated film of this season!
-ringding-
Old 05-28-06, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw a midnight showing of X3 and saw the new trailer (I think- I don't remember the bullet time shot, but I do remember it not having the classic music, not mentioning Lois has a kid, and crashing into a EA Games logo sign) then I saw X3 again last night at the same theater and it was the old trailer (classic John Williams Superman music, Jimmy saying Lois was a mommy).

My biggest concern, was there and EA Games logo like that 6 years after Superman II took place? Did EA exist yet? I don't remember.. I have a terrible memory.. like I said I didn't even notice any bullet time shots.

So they moved the release up, huh? Wasn't it supposed to be July? Has it been said how closely/ not closely for sure it ties in with Superman II? I don't really wanna search every page in this thread.
Old 05-28-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by marioxb
I saw a midnight showing of X3 and saw the new trailer (I think- I don't remember the bullet time shot, but I do remember it not having the classic music, not mentioning Lois has a kid, and crashing into a EA Games logo sign) then I saw X3 again last night at the same theater and it was the old trailer (classic John Williams Superman music, Jimmy saying Lois was a mommy).

My biggest concern, was there and EA Games logo like that 6 years after Superman II took place? Did EA exist yet? I don't remember.. I have a terrible memory.. like I said I didn't even notice any bullet time shots.
That was the new trailer. Couple of things though: Nobody crashes into the EA logo. It's an electronic display that just goes out because of the earthquake. And there hasn't really been any "bullet time shots" shown. There's a slomo shot of a bullet hitting Supes' eye, but it's in no way done the "Matrix" way. And that was in this trailer too, but only for a brief moment. The longer version of it is in the end of the international trailer. And wondering whether there was already an EA logo six years after SII is the last thing I think one should be concerned with while watching a Superman Movie. Heck, make that any movie.

So they moved the release up, huh? Wasn't it supposed to be July? Has it been said how closely/ not closely for sure it ties in with Superman II? I don't really wanna search every page in this thread.
As far as I know, it's always been June 30. "Vague History" is the term the writers have used in reference to the first 2 films. The first film moreso than the 2nd. I think of it as like an "Elseworlds" type thing. A "what if after the 2nd movie, this happened..."
Old 05-28-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure the June 30th release date has been set in stone for a long time. It's one of the better slots to release a movie because you obviously get the holiday bump.
Old 05-28-06, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was the new trailer. Couple of things though: Nobody crashes into the EA logo. It's an electronic display that just goes out because of the earthquake. And there hasn't really been any "bullet time shots" shown. There's a slomo shot of a bullet hitting Supes' eye, but it's in no way done the "Matrix" way. And that was in this trailer too, but only for a brief moment. The longer version of it is in the end of the international trailer. And wondering whether there was already an EA logo six years after SII is the last thing I think one should be concerned with while watching a Superman Movie. Heck, make that any movie.

As far as I know, it's always been June 30. "Vague History" is the term the writers have used in reference to the first 2 films. The first film moreso than the 2nd. I think of it as like an "Elseworlds" type thing. A "what if after the 2nd movie, this happened..."

I don't know how people have such good memories, unless you saw the trailer more than once, like online or something. I saw it one time and I can't remember it that well. I can't remember a lot of things and now that I think of it may have been Transformers that I was thinking about with the July date.
Old 05-29-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A member of The Planet just got an e-mail from Dan Goldwasser of Soundtrack.net that they have a "first listen" to the SR score this Thursday. Keep your ears peeled!
Old 05-29-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Schwing! (actually reminds me of wrestler bulge.)
Old 05-30-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally, better quality copies:

Linky
Old 05-30-06, 01:47 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Definitely a thing of beauty!
Old 05-30-06, 01:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Schwing! (actually reminds me of wrestler bulge.)
he looks a little TOO happy.
Old 05-30-06, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why are all the pictures of him take in a pose, usually with the camera low, looking up at him? How about a full body shot for once, without have him posed for dramatic effect.
Old 05-30-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go back a few pages. There's a couple there I posted before from the Topps movie cards.
Old 05-30-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, that's a lot of forehead!!!
Old 05-30-06, 03:28 PM

Finally, better quality copies:

Linky
Maybe I'm missing something, but that's the trailer that was already officially available online. In other words, it's not the same as the one that is on YouTube. ?!
-ringding-
Old 05-30-06, 03:33 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
Maybe I'm missing something, but that's the trailer that was already officially available online. In other words, it's not the same as the one that is on YouTube. ?!
-ringding-
Same as the YouTube trailer (both are #3), just a better resolution.
Old 05-30-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's only been available in crappy quality since last week. Today is the first time it's available in higher resolution. I know since I've been waiting since Thursday morning for one because it wasn't attached to my X3 screening.
Old 05-30-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Comingsoon.net is reporting that they just moved up the release date to June 28. A little less of a wait now.
Old 05-30-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The closer the better. Hopefully the extra 2 days will build some more momentum for the big weekend. I don't think this will equal X3's mammoth take, but I do hope it's within range of it. It should do alot of damage at least through the 4th. Then Pirates drops the following Friday....
Old 05-30-06, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

John Ottman Interview about Scoring Superman Returns

It's funny how the cameraman kept on changing his position because the screen was showing footage from the movie.
Old 05-30-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
The closer the better. Hopefully the extra 2 days will build some more momentum for the big weekend. I don't think this will equal X3's mammoth take, but I do hope it's within range of it. It should do alot of damage at least through the 4th. Then Pirates drops the following Friday....
I think this opening guarantees that it won't equal X3's 3 day take. It'll spread out some of the front-loading to the Wed-Thurs period. I don't think it'll have an effect on the overall take (unless the movie is really bad).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.