DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Beast...a direct slap in the face to PotC! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/390013-beast-direct-slap-face-potc.html)

isamu 10-11-04 12:09 AM

The Beast...a direct slap in the face to PotC!

The Beast comes out on 06-06-06

The film is currently in pre-production.

The cast and crew are legally sworn to secrecy.

The theory that Jesus Christ never existed, while largely unknown to most lay Christians, is gaining credibility among scholars. Historians do not consider the Gospels to be historically accurate accounts. The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies. There are no credible non-Christian references to Christ during the period in which he is said to have lived.

*The Beast*

Groucho and Jackskeleton called me on the telephone today and told me they will be protesting the film and already have their picket signs ready. Should be interesting.

fumanstan 10-11-04 12:15 AM

Looks interesting, although i still read PotC as Pirates of the Carribean.

Numanoid 10-11-04 12:23 AM

How exactly can you slap a film in the face?

tanman 10-11-04 12:24 AM

controversy = $

And can we PLEASE stop using acrynomns in thread titles.

Artman 10-11-04 12:28 AM

Pass.

Supermallet 10-11-04 12:30 AM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Me too.

C.H.U.D. 10-11-04 12:36 AM

<-- Will laugh at anyone who actually pickets this movie.

Wazootyman 10-11-04 12:57 AM

Everything about this is kind of reaking of a DTV. It sounds like it's just trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel in order to grab controversy. Unless there's a big name actor attached to it, which would seem doubtful, I can't see this getting much play.

I remember when "The Body" with Antonio Banderas was in pre-release, it was trying to get publicity from its supposed sacrelegious ideals, and that movie absolutely tanked.

Joe Molotov 10-11-04 01:01 AM

Awesome, it's like The Omega Code for atheists!

Jackskeleton 10-11-04 02:25 AM

I sure as hell will picket this!!! How dare they slap pirates of the caribbean in the face!

RocShemp 10-11-04 03:07 AM

I thought this was to be a pirate movie that it's makers were to flaunt as being more kickass than Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm glad to see I wasn't alone. :lol:

Gizmo 10-11-04 05:12 AM

Yes! Making this movie won't be subtitled so I won't get friggin' morons asking "Do you have the version where the speak? I know Wal-Mart sells them!"

Gyno Rhino 10-11-04 07:46 AM

I'm confused. So was Jack Sparrow the messiah or not?

Tyler_Durden 10-11-04 08:02 AM

Sounds like a film school conceit, like a dumbed-down Pi, if you will. Still, I'll wait and see if the film can deal with its subject matter intelligently and level-headedly. Remember Ebert's first rule: a film is not what it's about, but how it is about it.

Groucho 10-11-04 08:08 AM

:lol: See you at the protest, Jack.

Looking at the website, it looks like this is a low budget piece of crap that will be lucky if it gets a distributor. Cast and crew are sworn to secrecy? Give me a break.

Looks more like a slap in the face to The Davinci Code rather than Passion of the Christ (or Pirates of the Carribean, for that matter).

resinrats 10-11-04 11:38 AM

Didn't a movie called The Beast come out a few years ago? Some animal in a museum or something.

Rivero 10-11-04 11:52 AM

I think two thousand years of Christianity will weather this little ditty destined to be quickly buried in dust at the back of your nearest Blockbuster Video.

NEXT!

B.A. 10-11-04 12:10 PM

although i still read PotC as Pirates of the Carribean.
Glad I am not the only one.

das Monkey 10-11-04 12:18 PM

:wave: me too

I think we should email the producers and suggest a swashbuckling demon flick in biblical times. Christ vs. The Beast ... on the high seas!!

Reading that description of the "plot," why the f is it called <b>The Beast</b> anyway, other than to capitalize on the date.

das

mjlukich 10-11-04 01:13 PM

I thought he was talking about that guy on Happy Days. :hscratch:

fumanstan 10-11-04 01:56 PM

Originally posted by mjlukich
I thought he was talking about that guy on Happy Days. :hscratch:
:lol:

das Monkey 10-11-04 01:57 PM

"Sit on it, Jesus!"

das

Rypro 525 10-11-04 03:27 PM

i thought this was talking about the ride "the beast" at kings island

ween 10-11-04 04:45 PM

Originally posted by resinrats
Didn't a movie called The Beast come out a few years ago? Some animal in a museum or something.
The Relic?

Verbal Gorilla 10-11-04 05:12 PM

Well, you beast uses the Pot. C?

Sound appropriate to me.