Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

miami vice - it's going to happen (merged)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

miami vice - it's going to happen (merged)

Old 03-03-05, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShelleyLevene
I can bet the soundtrack is going to suck.

50 Cent, the Game, or some Nelly crap will be played.

I know for sure they are not going to use any Peter Gabriel, U2, Depeche Mode, Phil Collins, etc since they won't appeal to the people expected to go see this movie.
My dad has soundtrack to Miami Vice on vinyl. There are two LPs. It has Don Johnson, Glenn Frey, Chaka Khan, Tina Turner, Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Flash, Peter Gabriel, J Geils Band, Jan Hammer, and more.
Old 03-03-05, 03:35 PM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow Hands
My dad has soundtrack to Miami Vice on vinyl. There are two LPs. It has Don Johnson, Glenn Frey, Chaka Khan, Tina Turner, Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Flash, Peter Gabriel, J Geils Band, Jan Hammer, and more.
I have it too. I listen to Jan Hammer more than I know I should.

Has there been confirmation as to whether or not the upcoming feature film will have a prominent musical soundtrack?
Old 03-04-05, 03:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I have it too. I listen to Jan Hammer more than I know I should.

Has there been confirmation as to whether or not the upcoming feature film will have a prominent musical soundtrack?

Michael Mann barely began shooting the film. I doubt the music has been chosen already.
Old 03-04-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ANd if Collateral is any indication, he'll pick music that'll fit the movie to a T.
Old 03-04-05, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
ANd if Collateral is any indication, he'll pick music that'll fit the movie to a T.
It would be funny if he had an action sequence orchestrated to a J Geils Band song.
Old 03-05-05, 04:27 PM
Banned

I got the Miami Vice LPs too and they kick ass.

I like the song by the Damned on the 2nd LP.

They played it when Tubbs went undercover as a prisoner in the episode with Laurence Fishbourne in the 3rd season.

Does anyone know why Jan Hammer stopped making the music during the 4th and 5th season?

He composed most of the music in the 4th season and none in the final 5th season.

Did the producers fire him or did he decide he wanted to move on?

When he left that is when the show went truly downhill.
Old 03-14-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

today on monkeypeaches:
UK paper Daily Mail reported that Jammie Foxx just approved the casting of Chinese star Gong Li to the big screen adaptation of Miami Vice. Gong came to the attention of director Michael Mann after joined the cast of Memoirs Of A Geisha. It is still unknown what role she has been offered with but the paper says she will have "a major role in the movie version" of the television series. The principal shooting is set to begin this summer.

ok. Look, I know that Foxx just won the Oscar for best actor, but c'mon, how the hell does he get to "approve" casting of Gong Li?!!? I really hope this just some bs that the Daily Mail added to get some attention.
Old 03-14-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Amel
ok. Look, I know that Foxx just won the Oscar for best actor, but c'mon, how the hell does he get to "approve" casting of Gong Li?!!?
You read my mind. Sad thing is, it could be true..
Old 03-30-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 312 Posts
'Miami Vice' Squad Books Gong Li as Love Interest

1 hour, 11 minutes ago

Movies - Reuters

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Chinese-born actress Gong Li has joined the cast of Michael Mann's big-screen update on the 1980s TV crime drama "Miami Vice" for Universal Pictures.

Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx star, respectively, as Detectives Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs in the film being adapted from the hit NBC series. Mann, who executive-produced the TV show, is writing, directing and producing the feature.

The actress will play Isabella, the Chinese-Cuban wife of the leader of a transnational crime syndicate and Crockett's love interest.

"Vice" is set for a July 28, 2006, release.

Li, whose credits include "Raise the Red Lantern" and "Farewell My Concubine," appears in the upcoming films "2046," "Eros" and "Memoirs of a
Old 03-30-05, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 03-30-05, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that shit's funny )
Old 03-30-05, 08:17 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok.
Old 04-28-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Naomie Harris joins "Miami Vice"
POSTED ON 04/28/05 AT 8:30 A.M.
BY ETHAN AAMES

Variety reports that Naomie Harris ("28 Days Later," "Pirates of the Caribbean 2") will join the cast of "Miami Vice," the big screen adaptation of the television series that defined the 1980s. Michael Mann is helming and producing the picture in addition to having already finished the screenplay.

Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx star as detectives Ricardo Tubbs and Sonny Crockett, respectively. Harris will play Gina Calabrese, a love interest to Farrell Foxx.

Shooting is currently happening in Miami. Universal Pictures will distribute the movie next year.
Old 04-28-05, 05:51 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

thats wierd, harris shoud be with colin, i hate when they change things from the original.
Old 04-28-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Set Photos, Mostly Of Colin Farrell

http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/g...bum=187&page=1
Old 04-28-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if he's still driving the Testarossa

Old 04-29-05, 09:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Naomie...