DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   BAD movies you love.. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/388040-bad-movies-you-love.html)

Chill Pill 09-29-04 02:47 AM

BAD movies you love..

Me?

'Lone Wolf McQuade'. Classic Norris. The scene where he wakes up in his truck buried 10 feet underground, poors a warm beer on his head, turns on the superchargers and shoots out of the ground. Can't beat it.

'Victory', John Huston's movie with Stallone and Pele. The soccer game at the end is great.

'Weekend At Bernies'. This one comes on cable I am powerless to turn away..

Yours?

Kumar J 09-29-04 02:50 AM

Victory is very good movie.Loved it!

Chill Pill 09-29-04 02:52 AM

Very good?? I dunno.. kinda lame up until the game (can you rip off The Great Escape anymore??)

Trelach24 09-29-04 03:22 AM

If I love it, it's not bad.

Big Worms 09-29-04 08:45 AM

This sounds like a trick question. If I love it then I don't consider it bad. So who decides if it a bad movie? :hscratch:

Maxflier 09-29-04 08:53 AM

I like Ballistic:Ecks vs. Sever ,while most people consider it a bad movie.

Gcomeau 09-29-04 09:31 AM

Freddy got Fingered
Drowning Mona

marty888 09-29-04 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Big Worms
This sounds like a trick question. If I love it then I don't consider it bad. So who decides if it a bad movie? :hscratch:
The trick is to NOT convince yourself that simply because you love a movie , that makes it any less bad.

I <i>know</i> that <i>SHOWGIRLS</i> is a bad movie, but I still love it.

ToddSm66 09-29-04 09:57 AM

Of course, I don't consider these to be bad movies - but many people do.

Joe vs. the Volcano
Hudson Hawk
Cabin Boy
Men at Work
The Three Amigos

redskull47 09-29-04 10:13 AM

"The Giant Claw" (a 50s b-movie with what appears to be a giant turkey buzzard as the ... ahem... "monster."). I've watched it at least 20 times, and I never get tired of it. I've screened it many times for friends on our "Bad Movie Nights," and it never fails to entertain.

DRG 09-29-04 10:16 AM

Too many to list, but a big one would be:

Over the Top

I recognize it's cheesy, sappy, macho dumb, and formulaic, but I love it despite all this.

wordtoyamotha 09-29-04 10:18 AM

Fletch Lives
Crocodile Dundee II

tofu 09-29-04 10:21 AM

Hackers

whynotsmile 09-29-04 10:32 AM

Freddy got fingered, pootie tang, toxie avenger 1-4

Crocker Jarmen 09-29-04 10:55 AM

There's some weird energy running through The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 that holds me fascinated. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of one positive thing to say about that movie, yet I've watched and enjoyed it on several occasions.

I also really liked that Jerry Springer movie Ringmaster. I'm amazed at how randomly it seems to be thrown together. Some moments that stick out:

-comedic cutaway to close up of man biting pickel
-random scenes of girls flashing there breasts
-cartoony sfx along with realistic slurping sounds during BJ scene
-(sucessful) attempts at quiet scenes of characters pain, I'm thinking of the part where the woman is staring at herself in the mirror and deciding how pretty she still looks
-the unconvincing studio audience at Jerrys show. How can extras 'playing' a studio audience look fake?
-Jerry's big speech at the end of the movie, explaining that people who think his guests are scum bags are really just elitest fat cats

Shannon Nutt 09-29-04 11:12 AM

License To Drive
Roadhouse
Star Trek V
Superman IV

CKMorpheus 09-29-04 12:06 PM

XXX
Super Mario Bros.
Godzilla (Matt Broderick version)

Daytrip 09-29-04 12:10 PM

Big Trouble In Little China Town
Death Race 2000
Cobra
Equilibrium

jdslater 09-29-04 12:17 PM

I agree with:
License To Drive
Hudson Hawk
The Three Amigos
And I would like to add Stone Cold.
I think it has some solid acting for the sort of film it is. Has some very good action scenes and some excellent lines.
"This reminds me of my father's last words: "Don't son, that gun is loaded"

gmal2003 09-29-04 12:19 PM

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Lisa
Drumline
Pootie Tang
Malibu's Most Wanted

Green Jello 09-29-04 12:22 PM

Starship Troopers

tdilia 09-29-04 12:22 PM

Ford Fairlane (this is a bad movie, but there's something about it that I like)

ArchibaldTuttle 09-29-04 12:47 PM

hackers, roadhouse, story of ricky, killer klowns from outer space, street trash, attack of the killer tomatoes, revenge of the killer tomatoes, return of the living dead, jack frost... I could go on and on but will stop there

eisenreich 09-29-04 01:04 PM

The movie that immediately came to mind was 1993's Airborne. I watched this countless times when it came on tv as a kid and recently sat down and watched it again. The magic is still there.

Go Mitchell Goosen!

caiman 09-29-04 01:32 PM

There are a few movies I consider bad that I still like, which in turn elevates them to "good" status. So the question is a bit of a paradox, but oh well.

The first movie that comes to mind is Cabin Fever. Upon close examination, the movie is a mess. It doesn't know what it wants to be or what it wants to do. The actions and motivations of the characters make absolutely no sense, especially near the end. And some of the events are so inexplicable that it makes me roll my eyes. But there's something about Cabin Fever - A quality that's hard to define. It has partly to do with the fact that the director is winking at you throughout the whole thing. He knows it's a bad movie; but I get the impression he doesn't know just how bad it is. But that doesn't matter, because the movie still works on a bizarre, campy, so bad it's good, tongue-in-cheek level that few movies do. And it works amazingly well - the movie is hilarious. It's spawned so many catchphrases amongst my friends and I it's almost ridiculous. I could watch it a million times (preferably while drunk) and not get tired of it. It's pure schlock, but it's schlock in its most pure and entertaining form.