Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The United States of Leeland?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-04, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone see this movie and how would you rate it?
Old 09-21-04, 10:11 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it and was deeply impressed by it. Recommended if you're interested in independent movies.
Old 09-21-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

saw it saturday night cause Man on Fire was all rented out, and I enjoyed it a lot. It definitly will need a second viewing, but the actors and the score and directing were all top notch. The story was decent too I guessed, I just wished it either delved deeper into the plot and/or give a better reason for what happened to the movie, instead of leaving it up to the audience (which was the intent, I think...). Overall, definitly at least worth watching once, if not blind buy.
Old 09-21-04, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Excellent movie with a solid cast.
Old 09-21-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great performances by everybody involved. Rented this without really even knowing what it was about and I was very impressed. Don Cheadle was good as usual and Ryan Gosling was very good as well. Hell, I even thought Chris Klein was decent in this movie and I usually don't like him that much. I would recommend this to anyone.
Old 09-21-04, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was sorely unimpressed by the film. So much of it felt useless and the characters motivations (especially Klein's) felt weak. I feel like it had a hard time finding it's place, but at least it tried. I enjoyed the performances all around, except for Jenna, she was horrible.

I think it just had a hard time focusing on the problem at hand and kept diving into too much backstory, and not even completing that.

I was really hoping for a Spacey/Gosling breakout scene, but with ten minutes left in the movie, I lost hope while they tried to scotch tape the rest of it together.