DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   New King Kong Website (from people who run TORN) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/384450-new-king-kong-website-people-who-run-torn.html)

Porthos 09-08-04 05:45 PM

New King Kong Website (from people who run TORN) (UPDATED 9/13/04)

Just a quick heads up. The people behind TORN, have just launched a new website for King Kong.

It appears to be in the same style as TORN and TBHL (The Ba****** Have Landed... the Peter Jackson fan site). Not much content at the moment, mostly news stories. However, there is a nice little quicktime file from Peter Jackson welcoming people to the new site.

The website can be found here:KIKN [KIKN = Kong Is King.Net. Might as well keep up the tradition. ;) ].

John

UPDATE (9/13) There are a couple of new diaries one of which has Naomi Watts and Jack Black in costume.

Get Me Coffee 09-08-04 06:44 PM

I can't wait for this movie!

Rammsteinfan 09-08-04 11:46 PM

Just saw the PJ welcome video... is he losing some weight? He looks like it.

Get Me Coffee 09-09-04 11:39 AM

That video was pretty cool. PJ is going to do such a great job with this movie!

raven56706 09-09-04 12:54 PM

I hope so....... remember Godzilla......

Get Me Coffee 09-09-04 01:18 PM

No, I don't think this is going to be another Godzilla...oh God no, please.

g347g73vv3w 09-09-04 01:46 PM

Was the Jeff Bridges/Jessica Lange King Kong a bomb when it came out in theatres? I seem to recall that the critics hated it.

Joe Molotov 09-09-04 01:52 PM

Originally posted by raven56706
Yeah, but who do you trust more as a writer/director: Peter Jackson or Roland Emmerich? Choose wisely; trained attack monkeys could be at your doorstep within moments.

Jason 09-09-04 08:08 PM

Originally posted by raven56706
No, I don't think we'll be seeing any more "Godzillas" anytime soon.

When Emerich and Devlin made Godzilla, all they could think of was how to "fix" Godzilla to make it somehow "appealing" to today's audiences. They never looked at what made it popular or entertaining in the first place. Jackson proved with LOTR that the original source material is worthy of respect, and that paying attention to what makes something good (as opposed to the shortcomings, real or imagined) pays off in the long run.

Porthos 09-13-04 11:02 PM

Bump a dump...

Another heads up: Over at kongisking, there are a couple of new "video diaries" one of which (Day 4) contains Jack Black and Namoi Watts in costume talking to the website, and the other shows a behind-the-scenes look at the SS Venture.

And I must say, the costumes look fantastic.

Check it out:http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml

shill66 09-15-04 03:21 AM

Well, I'm terrifically impressed, even if I only saw the clip with the audio off. Naomi's costume is like an exact duplicate of Fay Wray's in the original. THANK YOU Peter.

Dr. DVD 09-15-04 09:48 AM

PJ definitely seems to have a grasp on what he's making, as do the actors involved. I just hope that audiences do as well. While it's too early to make the call, I would definitely say this is a movie that will rely on the audience "getting it."

Get Me Coffee 09-15-04 11:10 AM

Wasnt sure about jack black....put i'm sure PJ knows what he's doing!

I can't wait for this movie!

Rammsteinfan 09-15-04 11:31 AM

So far it looks promising... cant wait until Xmas 05!

Corvin 09-15-04 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
Just saw the PJ welcome video... is he losing some weight? He looks like it.
Definitely lost some weight. Good for him.

Anyway, the videos are cool. Thanks for the link.

Get Me Coffee 09-16-04 09:25 AM

What I like about PJ is that he knows his fans. It's great that he's giving us a little something new about the movie each few weeks. That web site looks pretty darn cool.