Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

American Pie Presents: Band Camp (2005)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

American Pie Presents: Band Camp (2005)

Old 08-28-04, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
I don't get it. How can they have an American Pie 4 when there was no American Pie 3? There were two American Pie movies then there was a movie with many of the actors from the first two American Pie movies who made American Wedding. American Pie 3 was not a movie that was ever made. "American Pie 3" may have been added to the title by video stores so they could alter the title of the movie to put it alphabetically next to the two American Pie movies, but there is no mention of the American Pie 3 on the DVD cover art or on the disc itself.
Thats like saying Jason goes to Hell and Jason X arn't part of the Friday the 13th line because they were not present on the movie box.
Old 08-28-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Suprmallet
Is this...a joke? Or are you seriously trying to imply that because American Wedding wasn't called American Pie 3 that it's not actually part of the series?
No. They are part of the same series. But you can't have AP4 when there was never a movie called AP3.
Old 08-28-04, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But you can't have AP4 when there was never a movie called AP3.
Sure you can.

It's honestly as simple as that. They can call the fourth movie whatever they want. I don't see your point at all.
Old 08-28-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No. They are part of the same series. But you can't have AP4 when there was never a movie called AP3.
That comment shouldn't even dignify a response, but almost everybody who has seen the films knows that American Wedding is the THIRD film in the series.

Are we going to have to start calling Return of the Jedi by it's new name: Star Wars 3: Return of the Jedi from now on? Ya know, since it was the THIRD film in the series?
Old 08-28-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
That comment shouldn't even dignify a response, but almost everybody who has seen the films knows that American Wedding is the THIRD film in the series.

Are we going to have to start calling Return of the Jedi by it's new name: Star Wars 3: Return of the Jedi from now on? Ya know, since it was the THIRD film in the series?
Uh, it's episode 6.

Talk about responses that shouldn't be dignifed with a response.

And what I said is correct, and nobody can proove it otherwise, there is NO MOVIE called American Pie 3. None.
Old 08-28-04, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
And what's more, there never was a Leonard Part 5. What's up with that?
Old 08-28-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uh, it's episode 6.

And what I said is correct, and nobody can proove it otherwise, there is NO MOVIE called American Pie 3. None.
hahaha

Just stop talking now. No one cares that it wasn't OFFICIALLY called AP3. It was the THIRD of a trilogy. No one called them Matrix, Matrix 2, and Matrix 3, but if they were to make a Matrix 4 (god I hope not), we'd all get the idea.

"American Pie 4? You know what, I saw American Pie 2, but I didn't know there was a three..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Old 08-28-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uh, it's episode 6.

Sarcasm is a failed art lost on you.
Old 08-28-04, 02:11 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah this shouldn't be made, its going to bring the franchise down.
Old 08-28-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So say you have a friend named John Doe and he has a son that he names John Doe Jr and then John Doe Jr has a son that he wants to name John Doe III but according to you he can't because there never technically was a John Doe II even though everyone knows that John Doe Jr = John Doe II just like American Wedding = American Pie 3
Old 08-28-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Borst
So say you have a friend named John Doe and he has a son that he names John Doe Jr and then John Doe Jr has a son that he wants to name John Doe III but according to you he can't because there never technically was a John Doe II even though everyone knows that John Doe Jr = John Doe II just like American Wedding = American Pie 3
he's kinda got a point...
Old 08-28-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was hoping another AP movie would return to following the lives of the original ensemble cast (unlike AW, which primarily focused on Jason & Allyson's characters). Particularly as they moved on in life and how they dealt with life's further challenges.

You know...like what comes after being married.

American Pie 4: American Babies!!!!

Can you imagine a movie with the original characters at the parenting stage of life? Siffler as a dad? Something along the lines of American Pie + Daddy Daycare + My Baby's Daddy.

You know, now that I think about it, let's just forget that.
Old 08-28-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
considering that they've lost most of the cast since #1 I think they should stop
Old 08-28-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

considering that they've lost most of the cast since #1 I think they should stop
As Adam Herz said, when he was writing American Wedding, he dropped out all of the "dead weight" from the first two films as they were simply not needed in the final chapter. He goes into specific details on the American Pie Revealed DVD.
Old 08-28-04, 05:19 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I thought that was one of the strongest aspects of American Wedding (aka American Pie 3 ). I don't care how what's-his-name feels about Tara Reid, I didn't need the Sherminator, etc. etc. The film was about the culmination of the story for Jason Biggs' character, and so that's what it focused on. I remember Ebert's review of American Pie 2 saying something like "The film won't be remembered for being funny, it will be remembered for bringing back every single member of the original cast." American Wedding, on the other hand, will be remembered for being funny, because they didn't bother bringing back every character.
Old 08-28-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, dumping the annoying couples was one of the best things about American Wedding.
Old 08-29-04, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, but since when were the AP movies "primarily about" Jason Biggs' character?

I never viewed the AP movies as being centered on him, but about all the characters and their relationships to one another. Particularly the guys, who were all so different and yet were friends, even when at odds with another. Much like real people can be, discounting the absurd activities in the AP movies of course.

They reminded me a lot of myself and my high school buddies, again discounting the absurd activities of the characters in the AP movies. For the most part anyways. ;-)
Old 08-29-04, 03:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Jon2
Yeah, but since when were the AP movies "primarily about" Jason Biggs' character?

I never viewed the AP movies as being centered on him, but about all the characters and their relationships to one another. Particularly the guys, who were all so different and yet were friends, even when at odds with another. Much like real people can be, discounting the absurd activities in the AP movies of course.

They reminded me a lot of myself and my high school buddies, again discounting the absurd activities of the characters in the AP movies. For the most part anyways. ;-)
Let's face it, the series was primarily about Biggs character. The others may have had their own storylines, but Biggs was the one you related to.
Old 08-29-04, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts
yeah AP4 will be called American Divorce

Stop with these films already.
Old 08-29-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If they come out with American Pie 5: Son of Piefucker in 10 or 15 years, I will pay to see it.
Old 08-29-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Suprmallet
Let's face it, the series was primarily about Biggs character. The others may have had their own storylines, but Biggs was the one you related to.
If there was any character the fist AP was primarily about, I'd say it was the small guy (whose name escapes me) whose older bother told him about "the book" hidden in the library.

As for Biggs being the one you related to, I'll just say you'll have to speak for yourself.

I identified with the intellectual/philosophical character (whose name also escapes me) who did Stiffler's mom, except I didn't do our Stiffler's mom. And our Stiffler wasn't quite as obnoxious or foul mouthed. The only character we didn't have was a Biggs character.
Old 08-29-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jon2
If there was any character the fist AP was primarily about, I'd say it was the small guy (whose name escapes me) whose older bother told him about "the book" hidden in the library.

As for Biggs being the one you related to, I'll just say you'll have to speak for yourself.

I identified with the intellectual/philosophical character (whose name also escapes me) who did Stiffler's mom, except I didn't do our Stiffler's mom. And our Stiffler wasn't quite as obnoxious or foul mouthed. The only character we didn't have was a Biggs character.
Kevin, the one you're referring to, had less screen time than most of the film's other players (such as Jim, Finch, and Oz). Jim was American Pie's main protaganist, bar none. I think Stiffler might've had more screen time than Kevin in the first film. As you have seen with the sequels, Kevin got less and less screen time as the other players namely Stiffler and Finch, got more. By American Wedding, Kevin was just a background player. Just there for the sake of things. Then again, that could be said for most of American Wedding (hell, Finch and Stiffler had more time in that film than Jim and Michelle).

Now for me, I'm as smart as Finch, but as horny as Jim.

Sadly, I have never met a person that fit into the mold of Steven Stiffler.

If they come out with American Pie 5: Son of Piefucker in 10 or 15 years, I will pay to see it.
Hell, I'd even pay to see it if it was called Son of Motherfucker. Hell, why not Son of Grandmotherfucker.
Old 08-30-04, 11:05 AM

Just reading this headline makes me think about the simpsons take on the star trek:

Star Trek 28: So very, very, tired.
Old 08-30-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought it was pretty obvious that the American Pie movies generally concentrated on Bigg's character.
Old 08-30-04, 12:46 PM

Reminds me of the Meatballs series. The first one was relatively good and then the sequels rapidly dropped off until the last one had nothing in common but the title and it took place in a summer camp. (imagine playboy playmates pretending they are 12 year olds at a camp. Yes that bad.) I have a feeling this will be worse.
Austin

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.