Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lucas Will Make Final Trilogy?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Lucas Will Make Final Trilogy?

Old 08-23-04, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether or not you think it's a good idea to make a sequel trilogy, if one were made what would you like to see in it?

What I'd like to see...

*The Sith are a must. You can't have a Star Wars movie without a proper lightsaber fight. Now that's a problem that will need to be worked out because of the rule of two and the fact that Sidious and Vader are dead. That of course can be explained away by saying Sidious broke the rule of two and kept reserve Sith apprentices. Perhaps Darth Maul survived being cut in half and is now bionic. Maybe include some female Sith ninjas or something.

*The return of Boba Fett from the gut of the Sarlacc. Maybe now he's working for The Hutts who have a price on the head of Han Solo for killing Jabba.

*Returning characters from the prequels. When we last left Jar Jar Binks he was clumsy, unsure and was inadvertently responsible for the birth of the Empire but what if he became a war hero during the Rebellion and is now a wise leader and an expert fighter. Or maybe Luke ends up on a world where Podracing is still legal and to settle a dispute he must race against an older Sebulba.

*New characters. It might be cool to see Han and Leia's children or Chewbacca married with children but, and I can't stress this enough, they shouldn't be the focus. Have an adventure with the old crew and if the youngins want to tag along that's fine. For Luke, I think it might be nice for him to meet a love interest in the sequel trilogy rather than have him already have one all of a sudden. Yes, I know that he's supposed to be married to the red head Mara Jade in the books and comics but of course George Lucas won't be beholden to EU. Maybe it might be interesting though to use the name and concept of Mara as a template for the love interest. As for who should play her, how about Melinda Clarke?

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 08-23-04 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-23-04, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Barry Woodward
Whether or not you think it's a good idea to make a sequel trilogy, if one were made what would you like to see in it?

What I'd like to see...

*The Sith are a must. You can't have a Star Wars movie without a proper lightsaber fight. Now that's a problem that will need to be worked out because of the rule of two and the fact that Sidious and Vader are dead. That of course can be explained away by saying perhaps Sidious broke the rule of two and kept reserve Sith apprentices or something to that effect. Maybe Darth Maul survived being cut in half and now is half bionic.
I agree about having Sith, but disagree about everything else.

*The return of Boba Fett.
NO. He's D-E-A-D. Or currently dying as one gets digested for 1000 years in the Sarlacc's belly.

*Returning characters and worlds from the prequels.
I dunno. It's a big galaxy out there one would think. Instead of the semi-claustrophobic(galaxy-wise) setting of all the Star Wars movies so far, let's open it up and visit other worlds.
Old 08-23-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 156 Posts

Use Luke as the OT Obi-Wan figure - currently training and leading the new order of jedi.

Cameo of Leia in senate and a scene with luke might be nice.

Doesn't Han and Leia have twins in the books? Either focus on them (the twins) or come up with a new trio to base the sequels on. I think it'd be a bad idea (and unlikely Ford would participate) to have the old crew running around in their 60's.
Old 08-23-04, 08:26 PM

I think chapters 7-9 should consist of a 3 part documentary

Chapter 7 should include: Apologies for raping a generations childhood.

Chapter 8 The restoration footage of putting back the films as the were Originally intended! with a bonus of Georige shooting himself as an extra feature...or better yet maybe Geroge taking on Greedo...( no he would just alter that scene anyway..nm bad idea).

Chapter 9 footage of stores selling "The Original Trilogy" on DVD.
Old 08-23-04, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 164 Posts
After seeing what GL has done with the PT, I hope he just lays it to rest after III.
Old 08-23-04, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 932 Likes on 657 Posts
It took a while for someone to mention it, but this is ILM we are talking about. Maybe GL has plans for the final three to be all CGI. No need to worry about aging actors, voices will do fine. Kinda like FF:tSW, but more realistic. GL & ILM are all about cutting edge stuff, and this is what they could be working on.
Old 08-23-04, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
At the conclusion of the ninth movie, after the Jedis have vanquished the Dark Side of the Force forever, an elderly Luke Skywalker bids farewell, boards a ship, and exits the galaxy.

The movie's final scene shows the old Luke, locked away in a crypt somewhere, writing down the final words of the Star Wars saga.

We hear noise, Luke looks up as the massive stone door of his crypt moves, and
Spoiler:
in walks Indiana Jones.

excellent, that's the spirit. I am constantly amazed at the quality idead floating around this board...
Old 08-23-04, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Han and everyone would be CG just using the actors for voice

Originally posted by Rivero
I do not want to see a 75-year-old Han Solo.
edit: I need to stop posting as I go along, people beat me to my ideas
Old 08-23-04, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think that in the spirit of episode one's camel thing's fart joke, the remaining three movies should be comedies. starring none other than, the spirits of yoda, obi wan, and anakin. think of all of the zany adventures those old jedi's could get into. it would be a hoot.
Old 08-23-04, 11:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
At the conclusion of the ninth movie, after the Jedis have vanquished the Dark Side of the Force forever, an elderly Luke Skywalker bids farewell, boards a ship, and exits the galaxy.

The movie's final scene shows the old Luke, locked away in a crypt somewhere, writing down the final words of the Star Wars saga.

We hear noise, Luke looks up as the massive stone door of his crypt moves, and
Spoiler:
in walks Indiana Jones.
I'd rather see him walk into a crypt full of this: http://home.si.rr.com/jocustoms/000053.jpg
Old 08-23-04, 11:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Um, no! This is standard stuff. Lucas has stated on 3 seperate occasions, including publically at the VES Awards, that there's no chance there will be another Star Wars films after Episode III. He said he has no more stories to tell. McCallum has stated on 2 seperate occasions, including at Comic-Con, that there will be no more Star Wars films. Steven Sansweet has also confirmed this on numerous occasions, including at Comic-Con.

People will latch onto any rumor and hope of more Star Wars films. But they're just grasping at air. This won't be the last rumor we hear of this, but it's not going to happen. Lucas is just protecting his property.

Don't expect any of the OT players to have anything more than cameos
Don't expect anymore films, cause it's a pipe dream.

Actually I love Star Wars.
BS! You just love trolling in Star Wars threads. Always the troll.
Old 08-24-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
People will latch onto any rumor and hope of more Star Wars films. But they're just grasping at air.
I think this is true for anything. Prime example is the Freddy Vs Jason thread.
Old 08-24-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Terrell

BS! You just love trolling in Star Wars threads. Always the troll.
Jesus! Give it a rest.
Old 08-24-04, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Aww isn't this fun?

I didn't want tell you guys this but the Flannel One has personally hired me to write and direct the next SW Trilogy. The first one will be about a kid who has to fight a giant flying shark that shoots fricking laser beams out of it's head. I haven't had time to write the second and third one yet but you can bet your sweet ass there will be light saber fights between the hero and some predators.

Back on topic:

I wouldn't mind seeing an a 7,8, an 9, I've enjoyed all of the Star Wars movies so far and am really looking forward to Episode 3.
Old 08-24-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He said he has no more stories to tell.
i've seen the first two prequels and can attest to this.

sorry, Terrell, couldn't resist
Old 08-24-04, 02:31 AM

i've seen the first two prequels and can attest to this.
Prequels have their problems, but the stories aren't even close to being it. The stories are actually solid and make a lot of sense. But, to each his own.
Old 08-24-04, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd love to see more Star Wars films...

... as long as they're halfway good. Unlike the last few.
Old 08-24-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Prequels have their problems, but the stories aren't even close to being it. The stories are actually solid and make a lot of sense. But, to each his own.
the stories were pretty good, but GL's execution in making a movie wasn't.
Old 08-24-04, 07:40 AM
Banned

*The return of Boba Fett from the gut of the Sarlacc.
Since Lucas has already assassinated whatever mystique and character Fett had after Empire and even Jedi I doubt anyone would care if they saw Jabba's bitch of a bounty hunter anymore.
Old 08-24-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
I'd love to see more Star Wars films...
You know who would make a great Jedi?

Eion Bailey.
Old 08-24-04, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by al_bundy
the stories were pretty good, but GL's execution in making a movie wasn't.
What about the stories were good? The unnecessarily convoluted plotting? The over-reliance on action? The one-dimensional, poorly written characters? The abysmal dialogue?
Old 08-24-04, 11:17 AM

*The Sith are a must. You can't have a Star Wars movie without a proper lightsaber fight. Now that's a problem that will need to be worked out because of the rule of two and the fact that Sidious and Vader are dead.
Not really a problem. Assuming the Jedi knights are being retrained, one would have to assume that a Sith would eventually re-appear. You know, The Balance and all. There would be records where some hot shot Jedi could read all about the Sith, and realize that's the life for him.

The 3 movies would obviously be called "A New Menace", "The Clones Strike Back", and "Return of the Sith", respectively.
Old 08-24-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Um, no! This is standard stuff. Lucas has stated on 3 seperate occasions, including publically at the VES Awards, that there's no chance there will be another Star Wars films after Episode III. He said he has no more stories to tell.
I'm not so sure you should take Mr. Lucas' statements at face value. His track record isn't exactly stellar in this regard:

(The following is taken from another forum which shall remain nameless.)

- When IV-VI came out, he was saying "Oh, yeah, I actually have 9 movies written already. I just shot the middle 3."

- Years later: "Well, the middle 3 are already done. I have the first 3 all written, but I haven't quite figured out all of the last 3."

- Years later: "Well, I've just finished writing Episodes I-III. The only thing I ever wrote was episodes IV-VI. I had in mind a general idea of what had happened before, and I just thought it would be clever to start in "Episode IV" so that people would feel like they came in part way through an epic story. However, I think there are neat ideas in there, so I'm going to make more movies. There isn't any such thing as episodes VII-IX."

- Between episodes I and II: "I'm still writing episode II, and when I'm done with episode II, I'll start on episode III. There was never going to be anything after episode VI. I think you could do more, but I'm old and tired and don't want to do it."
So what's one more bit of revisionism to add to an already extensive list?
Old 08-24-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
I do not want to see a 75-year-old Han Solo.
Hey, I didn't want to see an 8-year old Darth Vader, either. But we don't always get what we want.
Old 08-24-04, 01:29 PM

Give it a rest.
I call it like I see it, and will continue to do so. There's always the ignore button.

The following is taken from another forum which shall remain nameless
You'd have to give me a hell of a lot better sources than that. As far back as I can remember, Lucas always planned to tell the backstory of Vader, but wanted to wait until the technology could catch up with his mind.

Last edited by Terrell; 08-24-04 at 01:32 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.