Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Freddy vs. Jason 2: Fistful of Boomstick Script Review!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-20-04, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I find this over at Bloody Disgusting and I'm very very happy of this news!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you figured, I have read the script 'treatment' for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, there were only a couple lines of dialogue, it was basically the story told in storybook form- from the beginning to the final bloody climax. If there is one thing I want you to gain from this review, it's that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash makes up for all of the mistakes in the first film (like missing Freddy kill scenes)!

I must keep this review vague, so New Line doesn't castrate me for real, and use the footage in the next Texas Chainsaw Massacre film- but I'll give you a taste of the forbidden fruits- because Mr. D wants his readers happy!

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash will be one of the greatest horror movies of all time, because the script shows that it understands the characters, the history of each backstory, the cliche's and most of all- the genre.

The most important thing that drives this amazing story is this one fact that has eluded all of our minds- the Necronomicon is in the Voorhees house! Sure you remember, it's in the basement, it appeared in Jason Goes to Hell- now it's all coming back to you, isn't it?

The movie takes place almost directly after Freddy vs Jason, when Freddy winks (yep, the wink was for a reason), the movie wasn't really over- did you really think it would be that easy after 25 years of terror? I'm not going to tell you anything more, except that this is probably one of the coolest 'comebacks' in the history of sequels.

Now Ash, how does he fit into the mix? Quite simply- he wants to destroy the Necronomicon and fulfill his destiny, which was prophesized in the Evil Dead series (the series couldn't end yet, he hasn't achieved his destiny). Well without me giving away the story, somehow Jason, Freddy and the "born under a bad sign" ass-kickin Ash come face to face to face- numerous times. The continuity is genuine and fantastic- every angle was thought out, there are NO plot holes that I can see and everything makes complete sense. It really almost seems like it was masterminded almost a decade ago.

Lets talk Ash: Hes the same old Ashley J. Williams that's been in the first three films- only he's older and sick of playing around. He's on a mission, and when he must make decisions between himself and other outside factors, he almost always chooses 'himself'- typical of Ash. He still works at S-mart and there just happens to be a new S-mart opening right by the 'new' Crystal Lake- wink wink.

Jason: He's the same kick-ass Ken Kirzinger looking Jason (a la Jason Lives, the best of the series), only there's a twist, and when you find out this twist- you are going to crap yourselves- no bull! Can you say better Friday the 13th movies in the future (no, he doesn't turn into a robot)?

Freddy: Oh Freddy is pissed this time, and we get to see more of the crazy looking demon Freddy- I'm so excited! He's tricky, cunning, and most of all sadistically funny. But this time Freddy has a new goal, which by the sound of it, is the biggest plan that he has ever concocted! You wanted a Nightmare on Elm Street movie, you got one!

One reason this movie is going to be a blast is that 2/3 of the movie looks to be as big as- or even bigger than- the battle at the end of Freddy vs Jason. The tone is even more serious, and the pace is quick. There isn't too much time explaining the history of the characters- we pretty much just get a short Ash flashback story- for the goons who've never seen an Evil Dead movie.

There is a new environment, which should quite interesting. The movie takes place around Christmas, so there's snow and ice and everyone is just so cheery!

But most of all, I love the "nods" to each franchise. There is a certain sequence that involved Ash, and the return of his cut off hand, which is by far one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard of; I yelled out loud, "NO FUC#!NG WAY!" It's so hard for me to keep this under wraps, because it is seriously so brilliant.

I promise you, I was afraid that this wouldn't work, but it does. Everything is perfectly packaged and sealed with a pretty (bloody) bow.

This is your new best friend Mr. Disgusting signing off...

Please Note: #1. Do NOT email me any questions, because this is the extent
that I can go, no further.

#2 Kane Hodder as of right now will 100% NOT be returning as Jason- and Ronny Yu is almost confirmed to direct...

Source: Spygirl, Bloody-Disgusting
Old 08-20-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=2
Middle of page.
And your 1 of only a couple that like the idea from the looks of it after I posted it.
Old 08-20-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hockey Mask, yes... Bladed Glove, Yes... Boomstick, Probably not... (06.02)

Jason vs. Freddy vs. Ash? That's the rumor floating around this pile of clutter we call the internet.

My advice, don't hold your breath. Chances are, we'll be seeing Joanie Loves Chachi Loves Ash first.
Old 08-20-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Please bring in Ash!!!!!
Old 08-20-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
If this were another website, I would possibly say --- PLANT!

But it isn't.

So I won't.
Old 08-20-04, 04:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
Even if it was just Freddy vs. Jason 2 without Ash I would see it because the first was just rip roaring fun! Sure, it wasn't a great movie, but it meshed two horror franchises and meshed them well imo.

It was fun and that's all it needed to be. Just reading that little thing by Wizard has me giddy. It was well written and if true seems like the next will be just as fun, if not way more with the addition of another very enjoyable character that is all about fun and good times, good times.

Fun is all I am looking for from these movies, a little excitement, but most of all some no nonsense, leave your brain at home fun and enjoyment. This already seems destined to be so...
Old 08-20-04, 07:24 PM

New Line nagiotiatied with Sam Raimi to use the character of Ash, Ronny Yu will direct. This is a very new story and not an older one form like December 2003. Trust me, this will be released.
Old 08-20-04, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Jason vs. Freddy vs. Ash? That's the rumor floating around this pile of clutter we call the internet.

My advice, don't hold your breath.
Chances are, we'll be seeing Joanie Loves Chachi Loves Ash first.
Old 08-20-04, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by The Wizard
New Line nagiotiatied with Sam Raimi to use the character of Ash, Ronny Yu will direct. This is a very new story and not an older one form like December 2003. Trust me, this will be released.
I seem to recall Bruce Campbell being asked about this and he replied something to the effect of "I've only heard rumors and haven't seen a script", so unless I see an official announcement I'm going on the side of skepticism.
Old 08-20-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

^^^Exactly. No point in counting eggs before you get the damn chicken.
Old 08-20-04, 08:49 PM

It's don't count your eggs before they hatch, and that interview of Bruce only hearing rumors was made in like November 2003. It's been a long time. Bruce gave up on hiding that he was attached to the film about 2 months ago. Trust me this film WILL HAPPEN!
Old 08-20-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was taking it a step further. At this point we don't have a chicken to lay those damn eggs so we could even count them.

Bruce-campbell.com has him debunking the rumor as of 6/02
http://bruce-campbell.com/

My advice, don't hold your breath. Chances are, we'll be seeing Joanie Loves Chachi Loves Ash first.

In other words, nothing to report on our end.
Hey, what do you know.. that was this month. Trust me, if it is going to happen we need more proof other then good ol' internet rumors.

This new articles were just being rehatched simply because AVP did so well in the box office take in and the Hollywood reporter sucks for info on mondays. That is where this all comes from. The Hollywood reporter article as every online story has been using that as it's source.

If it's happening it's still not anounced and to me, that means it's still a pipe dream.
Old 08-20-04, 09:12 PM

go to Bloody Disgusting or Upcominghorrormovies.com and the UHM message board.
Old 08-20-04, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Bruce Campbell's own website (www.bruce-campbell.com) states that this film is flat-out not happening. Although, he could be lying just to pull a funny. Or it could be a brand new development. But personally unless I see a truly official announcement, I won't believe it.

Though, I would love to see Ash again so I do hope it does somehow happen.
Old 08-20-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Please god no. I'd hate to see Ash pulled into that crap. I'm all for seeing more of Bruce Campbell, but give me another Evil Dead over another VS. debacle.
Old 08-20-04, 09:32 PM

He was just doing that to hype you guys up or it's an old post on his webiste.

They already confirmed Campbell was lying so he could let it sneek past the fanboys because he knows if they find out they'll get the script leaked and It'll be ruined. Ash will obviously win the battle though because he is mortal and cannot be brought back if he dies....well maybe.
Old 08-20-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

OOooooh.. Ooookay. He was doing it to give us the ol' switch a roo.. Give me some proof and I'll start believing such a "cool new member". till then or till it's announced I'll be one saying internet rumor.
Old 08-20-04, 09:49 PM

I gave you the places to go! Scroll up the top.
Old 08-20-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

go to Bloody Disgusting or Upcominghorrormovies.com and the UHM message board.

BAW HA H AHA HA HAHA HAH AH AH AHAH :LOL: You call this sources?

8/18/04
I thought I'd add this film to the UHM database since we all know it's gonna happen, it's just a matter of when, especially with New Line really backing up the idea of a sequel. With that being said, they are in talks with writer/direct Sam Raimi to try to get iconic horror-hero Ash from the Evil Dead series in the horror match-up. Personally I like the idea, because Ash is a badass character in my opinion, and he'd bring a lot of his own unique style to the film.
seems like one whack jobs colorful commentary and wishful dreaming without any shred of proof.

If you follow the paper trail from the other thread about this.

Cinescape and Chud.com both used Hollywood reporter's article as a source. Hollywood Reporter wrote the article because their monday editions are paper thin with simple weekend box office takes. So any article relating to the subject or the big event of the weekend is always a plus. In this case AVP just hit huge box office numbers and so they were looking to see what other possible VS films were in the pipe line. they look at the rumors of ASH in the next JASON VS FREDDY which where already tons of rumors for sometime now and it's not hard to write a possibility. At this point that is all their is to this.... a simple chance. Look at the news articles "Ash MAY be in the next..." "sam raimi COULD direct"

At this point it's all rumors and with Bruce flat out saying it's not going to happen any time soon on his official site, I trust that a shit lot more then some fanboy's cheap ass horror site.

I gave you a RELIABLE place to go.. Burce Campbells very own website where he debunks this. Can this happen? sure. It's a good chance it can. Is it happening right now? Hell no. it's debunked from this month. THIS MONTH. it's not that old of an update. The internet is full of lies. Do not trust every joe off the street who says he has some inside info. When it's announced it will be news. Till then it's just fanboy pipedreams.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 08-20-04 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
They already confirmed Campbell was lying so he could let it sneek past the fanboys

WHO confirmed he was lying?

Andrew
Old 08-20-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No man!1 dont U read betweeeeeen the Linees!?!?1 He was trying to toss us off the scent so he wouldn't get in trouble man!!!11 that sneaky sneaky bruce!
Old 08-21-04, 12:42 AM
Banned

What i wanna know is which Rapper will be in this movie?
Old 08-21-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nooooooooo! Leave Ash out of this movie! He doesn't belong. I'd rather have the original 2 fight again.

If you're gonna add another character, then add another undead killer, like Michael Myers! I would rather see the "monsters" fight each other instead of throwing Ash in, who is just a "human being".

The only thing I have read that sounded believeable was in a magazine after F vs J came out, I believe it was Entertainment Weekly. They said the producer was wanting to get Michael Myers for part 2. PLEASE, NO ASH.
Old 08-21-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Cinema

If you're gonna add another character, then add another undead killer, like Michael Myers! I would rather see the "monsters" fight each other instead of throwing Ash in, who is just a "human being".
But Ash is not just a human being. He walked through hundreds of demons, monster, and such without breaking a sweat. He can fit in nicely against these 2 heavy weights if done right.
Old 08-21-04, 12:53 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem with using Michael Myers is that he doesn't bring anything new to the table. He essentially has the same strengths as Jason, but he's not as strong or invincible. He's not so much a supernatural being as Jason... he has proven hard to kill but he's not a complete zombie like Jason is. Mistake or not, at least Ash brings a different element to the mix.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.