DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Alien vs. Predator or AVP reviews? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/379256-alien-vs-predator-avp-reviews.html)

Regurgitator 08-09-04 08:18 PM

Alien vs. Predator or AVP reviews? (SPOILERS)

With AVP coming out this Friday I'm surprised no one has listed a review about it yet. Makes me wonder if it will be good at all now.

So does anyone know or heard any reviews on this summer blockbuster hit?

Ok.. since I've read most of the posts here, looks like it's a movie I prob will wait til it comes out on DVD. I've re-edited the title and added - SPOILERS - since people have already gone to see the movie and are starting to talk about it and the ending.

RyoHazuki 08-09-04 08:21 PM

Pg-13 I$ teh $UXX0RS!!!! Rated *R* R00Le$!!!!!@*(

Jackskeleton 08-09-04 08:52 PM

I posted a link to a review of it in the other thread. You must have over looked it with all the "OMGWTFBBQ PG-13 SCR3W U F0><" comments.

so far, if you are going in this for some epic story.. You are in it for the wrong reason.

What you will get:

Aliens FIGHTING Predators.

nuffy said. Now, lets do the forbidden dance:
http://www.petridish.net/pics/14608/forbiddendance.gif

mookyman 08-09-04 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I posted a link to a review of it in the other thread. You must have over looked it with all the "OMGWTFBBQ PG-13 SCR3W U F0><" comments.
Most of the people in that thread who object to the PG-13 were considerably more articulate and reasonable than that, and joking otherwise cheapens your own argument.

chanster 08-09-04 09:17 PM

Are you kidding me? Joking about a movie called "Aliens vs. Predator" weakens arguments? We aren't talking about Bergman here.

Jackskeleton 08-09-04 09:20 PM

I'm sorry, did I have to be serious on the internet all the time? I suppose I didn't get the memo, nor do I recall saying "Everyone who was upset about the PG-13 rating was as articulate as a 12 year old who wouldn't even be able to meet said rating bar."

More to the point, the screening for reviewers isn't till this week. Usually that means that the film will be nothing that a reviewer will enjoy along the lines of story and plot. But like I said in the other post.

If you are looking for an epic story in a "VS" film then you are barking up the wrong tree. This will be acid spilling, neon blood flowing mindless entertainment. I'm not going in with high hopes. But I'm sure expecting to be entertained.. I'm also leaving the brain at the door because if I don't then I'm sure I would be -rolleyes- throughout the film.

Logic has no place in the theater when it comes to this film because of the creative team.

To answer the original posters question.. No major reviews are out besides those from test screenings because no screening for reviewers has been done. Simple as that.

lukewarmwater 08-09-04 09:30 PM

Get rid of that pic it's giving me a seziure.

Dr. DVD 08-09-04 09:32 PM

While I anticipate the movie, that pic is disturbing to say the least.

d2cheer 08-09-04 09:38 PM

Originally posted by lukewarmwater
Get rid of that pic it's giving me a seziure.
rotfl

but he is correct... man that is hard to watch...

mookyman 08-09-04 09:45 PM

I'm sorry, did I have to be serious on the internet all the time? I suppose I didn't get the memo, nor do I recall saying "Everyone who was upset about the PG-13 rating was as articulate as a 12 year old who wouldn't even be able to meet said rating bar."

More to the point, the screening for reviewers isn't till this week. Usually that means that the film will be nothing that a reviewer will enjoy along the lines of story and plot. But like I said in the other post.

If you are looking for an epic story in a "VS" film then you are barking up the wrong tree. This will be acid spilling, neon blood flowing mindless entertainment. I'm not going in with high hopes. But I'm sure expecting to be entertained.. I'm also leaving the brain at the door because if I don't then I'm sure I would be -rolleyes- throughout the film.

You know, I didn't actually suggest most of this. Who ever said anything about the film itself? All I meant was that it kinda sucks when you make fun of people for acting like dimwits when they in fact weren't. How would you like it if I wrote "And Jack was like, 'ROFLMAO - ur stupid, it's avp not 7 seals'"?

Jackskeleton 08-09-04 09:49 PM

By all means knock yourself out. I never implied that my post reflected any ONE persons view of the film. But was a sum up of what the general post by a random person is like whenever an AVP thread pops up.

take a look at the post right above mine. Post #2 in this thread. RyoHazuki did a good impression at it also. Does he get flack for it? No. some people realize it's playful ribbing. Much like if you see a Lucas thread you will know that people will be saying things that may sound like "LUCA$, YOU RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!" when infact they aren't exactly saying that.. in so many words.

In saying that, I think the question about reviews was answered. what should the thread be about now?

mookyman 08-09-04 10:00 PM

And again I state, that's not really the general vibe on the PG-13 thread. I didn't see anyone writing anything like what you originally joked about. I wouldn't have even written anything regarding your joke (and yes, RyoHazuki too, there, feel better that you're not singled out) if there was anyone actually writing like that in the thread. In fact, out of the few posters who come close with all-caps sentences and multiple question marks and exclamation points, it's you. If anything, you're really mocking yourself.

Anyway, whoever is right, I think we're starting to waste others' time. I'll chime in with my two cents on AVP after the weekend.

Jackskeleton 08-09-04 10:24 PM

In fact, out of the few posters who come close with all-caps sentences and multiple question marks and exclamation points, it's you. If anything, you're really mocking yourself.
I have to ask. What is your problem?

I come across as the one that uses more question marks and exclamation points? You do realize when I go

OMGWTF!!!!111111

it is a joke. It is a jab at the typical internet message board response on forums such as ACIN and the such. But hey, if you see me as that then I really don't care to do a damn thing about changing your view. Atleast you showed me and told me I'm mocking myself. Oh heaven help me.

As for the AVP. You do realize that a lot of people bitch and whine in the other threads simply because it is PG-13, and while the other films in the franchise of both characters were rated R. The R rating was caused by other factors that did not so much include the predator or alien. I have listed them a lot of times. But to put it simply. AVP will have a lot less HUMAN gore. This is Aliens fighting Predators with humans tossed into the mix simply because a script that consist of "hisssssss" and "-predator cricket noise-" does not make for half way decent conversations between characters.

What you can expect. A lot of Alien acid spilling and Predator Neon Green draining. Will this be a masterpiece? As chanster stated, you have to expect the right thing from this. It isn't american beauty. It's alien vs predator. Go in with that mentality and you might like it a whole lot better. A PG-13 rating is not a death kiss. Does it effect the amount of Human blood in it? Yes. but people automaticlly assuming that this will be tea time between the two creatures is crazy.

oh yeah

WTF OMG!! L1K3 TOT@11Y, DIS MOOOBE IZ G0'I|\| 2 $UCKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE CUZ ITZ PG-1E !!!!!11111111

that better? I made sure it was all cap locks to get the point across. ;)

Corvin 08-10-04 02:43 AM

So angry. Geesh.

Anyway, this is a flick that I'll see regardless of the critical response. Still, it'll be interesting to read what critics have to say.

zero 08-10-04 04:10 AM

Originally posted by Corvin
So angry. Geesh..
:lol: The funny thing is he isnt angry, and I think some people need to loosen up.

Giantrobo 08-10-04 10:45 AM

:eek:

Face off...8/9/04

Mad Dawg 08-10-04 10:47 AM

This will be acid spilling, neon blood flowing mindless entertainment.
:drool::up:

I don't care if the actors read from their scripts on camera.

Corvin 08-10-04 10:59 AM

To be fair, we don't yet know if the blood will really "flow." Not to start the whole rating thing again.

devilshalo 08-10-04 11:36 AM

I think May/Walsh will win.

Oh, this isn't the sports forum? :o

Rivero 08-10-04 11:41 AM

Seems like FOX has a steaming pile on their hands.

Applejack 08-10-04 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Rivero
A steaming pile of goodness.

Jackskeleton 08-10-04 01:02 PM

^^^ :lol:

that's right folks, forget about bringing the funny back to the otter, lets work on bringing the love back in AVP threads. :lol:

and come on, that link Robo posted was pretty damn cool. Spoiler filled, but pretty damn cool if you ask me. Can want more out of a predator film then that. Predator cockingly kicking a human around like a rag doll and then BAM! hee hee. that was Jawsome.

devilshalo 08-10-04 01:06 PM

AVP can always use Another Vicious Post. :p

zero 08-10-04 02:17 PM

Originally posted by Rivero
Good to see that venom isnt just reserved for films about Wars in space.

Jackskeleton 08-10-04 02:21 PM

Funny thing about that is he could also use it again in a future Star Wars trilogy thread if he really is running out of material. :o

Guess he just hates 20th Century. :(