Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

No more Superheros Halley Berry, unless its catwoman again?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

No more Superheros Halley Berry, unless its catwoman again?

Old 08-04-04, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,168 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I dislike Halle because I met her and worked on set with her. I can tell you flat out that she is a bitch. If Lindsey Lohan is a bitch in person I would say the same thing about her.

But no, that doesn't matter because I'm obviously just some douchebag fanboy who hates her because she ruined x-men!!!111

wait.. I didn't really care for x-men anyways so it doesn't matter to me if she was in it or not.

aw'ight aw'ight gawd dammit.

Jack, you are the only person who has the right to hate Halle because she was a bitch in person.

peace
Old 08-04-04, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can hate her to because I was on the Regis show and she was a total BITCH on the set!
Old 08-04-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I wouldn't pull a halle.. you know.. Hit it and run..
Old 08-04-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No more Superheros Halley Berry, unless its catwoman again?

Originally posted by cactusoly
"After playing Storm in 'X-Men' and now Catwoman, I think my comic book hero days are probably over."
No crap Halle. We all know there won't be a Catwoman 2 & she was already expendable from the X-Men franchise.
Old 08-04-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't think I will miss Halle as a super heroine since Xmen is an ensemble cast anyway and Catwoman, well, is Catwoman.
Old 08-04-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 759 Likes on 555 Posts
Actually, I'd see a Catwoman vs Catwoman film.. where Michelle and Halle go at it for the title.
Old 08-04-04, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by devilshalo
Actually, I'd see a Catwoman vs Catwoman film.. where Michelle and Halle go at it for the title.
ah yes, the pu ssy fight. Prrrrrrr
Old 08-04-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki
I'm pretty sure the fanboy bitching meter would go nuts if they greenlighted a Catwoman sequel. No one really complained about her in X-Men until she got too high and mighty for it.
I remember a lot of bitching about her as Storm in the first 2 movies, well before her reluctance to do a 3rd movie.
Old 08-04-04, 03:14 PM

Geesh I don't think people should care. People have been bitches that I've seen, hell people have been bitches to me in person and I never felt the need to hate them, and go on internet boards calling them the spawn of satan. I mean, if it was funny it'd be one thing. But otherwise, it just comes off as juvenile silliness, hating the girl who's hot cause we can't get her and she's an easy target considering the quality of some of her work.

Unfortunately, Halle isn't really that amusing. These threads on her turn into a lot of bashing that's fairly pointless. I mean you can all go on hating her for whatever your reason, and I really haven't heard an actually good reason to hate her (unless one of you was involved in that hit and run...THEN...you're gold). Otherwise continue. But even Uwe Boll doesn't get the vitolric hatred Halle gets. She's in a lose lose position...no matter what she does, all y'all will hate. Well, unless she were to sleep with you.
Old 08-04-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jaeufraser
I really haven't heard an actually good reason to hate her
I dislike Halle because I met her and worked on set with her. I can tell you flat out that she is a bitch.
also

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=374454

132 replies. There must be a reason or two in there.
Old 08-04-04, 03:29 PM

This old thread is a timeless classic

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1
Old 08-04-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just found another "reason":

Well I do agree with Rocky Stallone that Halle Berry was excellent in MOnster's Ball, it's her overexposure and recent ego trips that annoy me with her.
Old 08-04-04, 04:13 PM

Just found another "reason":
Well I'd hardly equate "annoy" with "hate".
Old 08-04-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did you miss Jack's post? He's gotten much closer than you.
Old 08-04-04, 04:46 PM

Did you miss Jack's post? He's gotten much closer than you.
Jack didn't say much...didn't elaborate and we don't know the context or extent of their interaction. Or did you read something I didn't?

All I read is that she apparently "acted like a Bitch" around him (to him?) and that he hates her. All this hate seems pretty dumb to me.
Old 08-04-04, 09:03 PM

Let's face ut, she played a lousy Storm. Eyecandy maybe. She couldn't even do an accent in part 1 and they had her drop it altogether. Storm should be more of a presence.
Old 08-04-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by chente
Jack didn't say much...didn't elaborate and we don't know the context or extent of their interaction. Or did you read something I didn't?

All I read is that she apparently "acted like a Bitch" around him (to him?) and that he hates her. All this hate seems pretty dumb to me.
He said he worked on a set with her. He's encountered her several times. He said she was a bitch. Thats a damn good reason to hate someone.
Old 08-04-04, 10:09 PM

He said he worked on a set with her. He's encountered her several times. He said she was a bitch. Thats a damn good reason to hate someone.
Is it? Usually takes much more than that for me to hate someone, like they have to stab my dog, not just be rude to me in a working environement for a limited amount of time. But everyone has their own standards, and Jack at least HAS a reason. But one guy having a real opinion on a woman doesn't really explain the tons of other people who seem to share that sentiment. I mean I understand not liking her...but it's just getting old! It's beyond dislike, it's hate hate hate, and it's not funny and clogs up every thread relating to anything related to Halle Berry. Everyone has their right to say what they want, I'm just starting to roll my eyes at how silly it is.
Old 08-04-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe Jack. If Jack says she's a bitch, then she must be a bitch. I don't like bitchy people. I hate bitchy people. Maybe the Halle bashers (myself included) take it a bit far, but I don't understand why some of you would be crucified in front of your families before you renounce Halle.
Old 08-04-04, 10:38 PM

I don't believe her to be a likable person. I did like that particular scene in Swordfish though.
Old 08-04-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I believe Jack. If Jack says she's a bitch, then she must be a bitch. I don't like bitchy people. I hate bitchy people. Maybe the Halle bashers (myself included) take it a bit far, but I don't understand why some of you would be crucified in front of your families before you renounce Halle.
Personally, i wouldn't take the word of some random fellow on an internet message board's word as the ultimate truth, but hey, to each his own
Old 08-04-04, 10:53 PM

Ha ok. While I have no duobt of the veracity of Jack's statements, somebody being bitchy to one person is hardly a good reason to hate someone. Especially when the responses it generates are...well...stooping to the lows of the very person they purport to hate. So if you do hate bitches...shouldn't you hate all the people who are saying all the awful things about her also? Or do you need to be famous before being rude and saying ridiculous things becomes a bad thing?

Let's keep some perspective. She's an actress. Dislike her for that. I know many do, but when one complaint is that she sucks playing Storm, it seems awfully silly than to rant and rave that she doesn't want to be in the movies anymore. I don't think somebody being an ******* really has much relevance to that whatsoever.
Old 08-04-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So if you do hate bitches...shouldn't you hate all the people who are saying all the awful things about her also? Or do you need to be famous before being rude and saying ridiculous things becomes a bad thing?
She is a bitch. We are people who bitch. There's a difference.
Old 08-05-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
She is not likeable in person. to me.. nor to anyone else. She gets roles because she "broke down the gates and freed all the half whites" in the film industry. That and folks like Giantrobo cream over her on screen.

My experience with her is just one piece on why I dislike her. Now can you doubt the word of some random internet fellow? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that she was and has been rude and stepped over a lot of people on her way to the top and well.. is a bitch to people.

Simple as that. I dislike her for her personality. Her roles.. well I haven't liked a lot of them, but that doesn't factor into my feelings towards her. I didn't think she ruined x-men. I didn't care for the film regardless of her acting in it and I'm a fairly big comic book dork. Her other roles have done little to nothing for me. Just like I dislike M.Night Egolamalandingdong, I dislike Halle for her one screen and off screen personality.

I have met many actors and directors and a lot of them come off very nice to others and to myself. Halle doesn't come off nice to others. Reason is there to hate her.
Old 08-05-04, 01:07 AM

She is a bitch. We are people who bitch. There's a difference.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You have never met the woman and are judging her based on he word of someone else, presumably you have never met. You have no idea of the context or reason for his claims yet you blindly accept them. It is seriously getting old.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.