DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/376503-star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-sith.html)

caiman 05-24-02 11:56 PM

What should Episode III be titled?

Star Wars Episode III - "??????????"

So what should it be? Something like "The Rise of the Empire", "The Fall of the Jedi"?

Ideas?

GuessWho 05-25-02 12:05 AM

First part of trilogy:
ARTICLE, ADJECTIVE, NOUN

A New Hope
The Phantom Menace

Second part of trilogy:
CONVEY ACTION (STRIKING, ATTACKING)

The Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones

Third part of trilogy:
VERB, PREPOSITIONAL PHRASE WITH JEDI

Fall of the Jedi?
Return of the Jedi

just a theory...

calhoun07 05-25-02 12:28 AM

Whatever the title, it should convey something very dark indeed since the next episode is entitled A New Hope. The title of the third and the fourth movies should be totally opposite, and I would like to see Episode 3's title convey the total lack of hope the universe has with the rise of the Dark Empire.

I doubt Lucas will choose a title we could predict. Who would have predicted Attack of the Clones?

GuessWho 05-25-02 09:49 AM

Originally posted by calhoun07
Who would have predicted Attack of the Clones?
Nobody... especially since the clones didn't attack... they defended/rescued.

Rypro 525 05-25-02 10:04 AM

the clone wars

GuessWho 05-25-02 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
the clone wars
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Sounds ridiculous

Jericho 05-25-02 10:43 AM

What about...

Fall of the Republic?

Josh-da-man 05-25-02 10:57 AM

"Darkness Falls"
"Triumph of the Sith"
"Darksider"
"The Age of Fire"

Get Me Coffee 05-25-02 11:29 AM

<b><big>Revenge of the Sith</b></big>. I think that title would be awesome. Knowing that Revenge of the Jedi was supposed to be the original title of Return of the Jedi.

Joe Schmoe 05-25-02 11:29 AM

My first thought was also "The Rise of the Empire" or "The Fall of the Republic" or "The Fall of the Jedi."

But now it seems too logical considering Lucas settled on "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." As GuessWho pointed out, the Clones didn't attack anyone, so it was a misleading title.

He might as well just call it: Episode III: The Plot Thickens

CaptainMarvel 05-25-02 11:56 AM

I like 'Rise of the Sith.' It's a nice parallel to 'Return of the Jedi,' and even if I didn't know anything about Star Wars, the word 'sith' just sounds ominous.

MrN 05-25-02 01:15 PM

Knowing Lucas he'll pick something odd like 'Ascension of the Sith' or 'Fall of the Council'

calhoun07 05-25-02 01:25 PM

How about Landspeeder Summer? Or Naboo Graffiti?

RoyalTea 05-25-02 03:46 PM

Star Wars
Episode III
Vader Kills All

TheMadMonk 05-25-02 04:02 PM

"Episode III: Atomic Happy-Fun Space Battle!"

just a person 05-25-02 05:07 PM

I think a pretty kick ass title would be
Star Wars: Episode III Return of the Sith
because in TPM Mace says," I do not think the sith could return without us knowing." And, it would fit pretty good with "Return of the Jedi."

Rypro 525 05-25-02 06:08 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Sounds ridiculous

well, didnt we all complain when the title of attack of the clones was released.

plus, i do not want a title that reveals the major plot twist for the kids who never saw the original trilogy.

Static Cling 05-25-02 07:55 PM

Star Wars: Now Can We Get The Original Trilogy On DVD?

Shazam 05-25-02 10:52 PM

Star Wars III: I have more money than all of you.

GuessWho 05-26-02 12:05 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
well, didnt we all complain when the title of attack of the clones was released.
Yes, because it sounded hokey...

My objection to Star Wars: The Clone Wars is semantics, the overly repetitive use of "wars" - not the concept

silentbob007 05-26-02 10:45 AM

Star Wars Episode III: Palpatine does Coruscant

calhoun07 05-26-02 10:57 AM

Star Wars Episode 3: Dude, Where's My Death Star?

Get Me Coffee 05-26-02 11:30 AM

Star Wars Episode III: Padme's O face!

Big Landman 05-26-02 10:08 PM

The Clones don't Attack?

Maybe from the Jedi's point of view its defence, but the only reason that battle takes place is because Palpatine wants the clones to Attack, destroying the separatist droid army. That’s why he has Dooku/Tyrannus form the separatist movement in the first place - to destroy the only threat to his eventual Empire - the droid armies of the trade federation (the same federation he used to become chancellor in EP 1)

the 'Attack of the Clones' is a pivotal scene in the saga, as the republic has no choice but to accept the clone army, while the Jedi fight with the clones, helping to wipe out what would be the only defence against the Empire.

Throw in the Death Star revelation, and you're left with a great political ploy that leads to the birth of the Empire.

As for the title being ‘misleading’, it clearly isn’t. I was also expecting the clones to attack the Jedi (I avoided all spoilers), but in hindsight that wouldn’t have been nearly as cool as what actually happens - the Jedi fighting alongside the very army that will destroy them in the next film.

jiggawhat 05-27-02 02:10 PM

My title I would give it is:

The Dark Destroyer is born

or

Death of a Jedi