DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/375062-team-america-world-police-creators-south-park-gonna-great.html)

Seantn 07-16-04 07:14 AM

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17970
Wow, this film is being made at a break-neck pace to come out on October 15th. This thing sounds wonderful. I can't wait! I love what they were saying about The Day After Tomorrow.

DRG 07-16-04 10:07 AM

Interesting and cool idea. If anyone can kick something out quickly, it's them. I've often been amazed how they can get a timely episode (of an ANIMATED show, no less) out seemingly a week or less after the event that inspired it.

King Jaspo 07-16-04 10:57 AM

It's got puppet sex .... That is all I need to know.

This is a dream come true.

mdc3000 07-16-04 11:10 AM

I hadn't even heard about this until today... being a HUGE Matt and Trey fan, all I have to say is that TEAM AMERICA is now my MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE OF THE YEAR.

MATT

holy shit this is gonna be good!

wordtoyamotha 07-16-04 12:34 PM

:up: Sweet :up:

I can't wait for two things:

1. To see it
2. To see critics dump all over it for being, "immature and sophmoric(sp?)" - That's the appeal.

Seantn 07-16-04 01:01 PM

I love the fact that the Superhero's theme chant is "TEAM AMERICA...**** YEAH!"

Matthew Chmiel 07-16-04 02:23 PM

I remember Matt and Trey trying to get this project off the ground for the past year or so and thumbs up on the fact that they're trying to get the film out in October.

I'll be there opening day, that's for sure.

ArchibaldTuttle 07-16-04 02:26 PM

sounds like it will be pretty funny

Abranut 07-16-04 05:57 PM

I worked on this movie for a few months. Everything that I saw of it was amazing. I've read the script twice and have to say that it's really great.

Fok 07-16-04 06:10 PM

Looking forward to it

Bust 07-16-04 11:24 PM

Wow. Just, wow.

this is my favorite part:

“This movie’s going to be totally sweet as soon as we figure out the ending. And the middle,” said Matt, only half-kidding. rotfl

and this:

The most remarkable head sculpts belong to the other bad guys in the film. “Actually,” said Trey, “they’re not bad. They’re just really really stupid and misguided.” They’re an organization of Hollywood liberals who are determined to stop Team America from interfering in the affairs of international politics. Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and a permanently mustard-stained Michael Moore are just a few of the celebrities who are going to feel well and truly roasted when they see this film.

Thank you Trey.

TomOpus 07-16-04 11:34 PM

As was mentioned in the AICN article, Matt and Trey will be at Comic-Con a week from Saturday. I'll be there for the entire Paramount panel and will report back on how the clip looks.

Lots of anticipation... it should be good!

Uchiha Sasuke 07-17-04 01:43 AM

The film opens with a shot of an obviously fake backdrop with a badly drawn Eiffel Tower, nothing realistic about it. A fairly awful puppet comes walking out in front of it, and I had a moment where I thought, “Oh, god, is it all going to look like this?” Evidently, when they first screened the footage for Paramount executives, the prankster spirit that is alive and well in the guys led them to make sure that this was the first shot they saw from the entire production, prompting one executive to actually yell “Oh, god, they ****ed us!”
rotfl

Oh my god, that is comedy.

DonnachaOne 07-17-04 01:51 AM

Originally posted by wordtoyamotha
:up: Sweet :up:

I can't wait for two things:

1. To see it
2. To see critics dump all over it for being, "immature and sophmoric(sp?)" - That's the appeal.

What are you talking about? Bigger, Longer & Uncut got EXCELLENT reviews. Also, Parker's satire is anything but immature.

PalmerJoss 07-17-04 09:42 AM

I am soooo looking forward to this. Matt and Trey are truly comedic geniuses and I will see anything they put out. Now I just hope that someday we will see another South Park movie...

milo bloom 07-17-04 11:19 AM

I had heard of this, but had no idea it was so far along. Very much looking forward to this, and I'd even accept a delay in the new South Park eps to allow them to finish it.

Abob Teff 07-17-04 12:38 PM

Originally posted by King Jaspo
It's got puppet sex .... That is all I need to know.

This is a dream come true.

Oh dear god, Meet the Feebles 2?

And while I'm in that mindset, Thank you Peter Jackson, I really enjoyed and treasured the Lord of the Rings trilogy. However that epic was not your greatest accomplishment. Your greatest accomplishment was hiding your past and convincing New Line to give you the money. I mean, come on! Who in the hell would have handed you a dime had they seen Meet the Feebles?! (end rant)

Abranut 07-17-04 03:15 PM

Originally posted by milo bloom
I had heard of this, but had no idea it was so far along. Very much looking forward to this, and I'd even accept a delay in the new South Park eps to allow them to finish it.
This film is the whole reason that there is such a gap between runs of new South Park episodes. I think it will be worth the wait.

NEW BALTIMORE 07-18-04 08:22 AM

this should be funny

Kicker_of_Elves 07-20-04 03:04 PM

This movie's gonna rock!

purplechoe 07-20-04 05:08 PM

Trey & Matt making fun of liberals andl Moore, I'm so there!!! It's not like I needed incentive to see a new movie from these guys anyway. :)

adamblast 07-20-04 05:22 PM

Originally posted by purplechoe
Trey & Matt making fun of liberals andl Moore, I'm so there!!! It's not like I needed incentive to see a new movie from these guys anyway. :)
Now maybe all you dweebs who keep claiming Trey & Matt are non-partisan will wake up and smell the conservative coffee.

That said, this liberal's looking forward to it! Sounds awesome!

lukewarmwater 07-20-04 06:43 PM

Yeah well I am 'other'. And when it comes to posts 'other' just kicked your asses.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media...26/imgs_1.html

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/ima...9101829972.jpg

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/ima...9101827222.jpg

DJLinus 07-20-04 07:15 PM

This movie sounds very funny. Can't wait!

Apparently, Matt and Trey didn't get the memo that said that all bad guys in movies have to be of a non-descript European origin (preferrably, neo-Nazi). I wonder if people will protest this, saying that it will lead to violence against Arab puppets.

DonnachaOne 07-20-04 07:26 PM

DJ, while I like the idea, I wonder would it not be very timely? This film's targets look to be quite current. A 2001 film might seem like small potatoes...