Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got to see it the other day and laughed my ass off. The 90 minutes just flew by. Matt & Tray are geniusses. I haven't laughed that hard while watching a movie in a long time. I actually watched it twice in one night which I almost never do. I wish these guys would make more full length features.

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the F.ilm A.ctors G.uild are *******. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. ******* don't like dicks, because ******* get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. ******* may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a ***** to show them that. But sometimes, ******* can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because ******* are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and ******* all covered in shit!"

Matt Damon!
Old 05-25-05, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by purplechoe
I finally got to see it the other day and laughed my ass off. The 90 minutes just flew by. Matt & Tray are geniusses. I haven't laughed that hard while watching a movie in a long time. I actually watched it twice in one night which I almost never do. I wish these guys would make more full length features.

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the F.ilm A.ctors G.uild are *******. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. ******* don't like dicks, because ******* get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. ******* may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a ***** to show them that. But sometimes, ******* can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because ******* are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and ******* all covered in shit!"

Matt Damon!
Ok, just to make it clear....for the record and future reference:

Dicks and assholes are fine, but *****/******* is definitely a no-no. I did not know that...interesting.
Old 05-25-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
This shit was funny. Sweet Ass movie!
[Got the dvd, missed it on the big screen]

Lisa ...
Old 05-25-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just watched this for the first time myself. Very good. I laughed out loud a couple times (which I rarely do). I hope they make a sequel, or at least another puppet movie.
Old 05-26-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just watching them walk had me rolling,the sex scene and all the ********* stuff had me rolling,great movie.
Old 05-26-05, 05:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually enjoyed it more on home video, then my initial impression in the theatre last year.
Old 05-26-05, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
I actually enjoyed it more on home video, then my initial impression in the theatre last year.
I saw this in the theater 3 times and it got funnier each time. I can't believe that it took this long to see DVD release but I finally got mine in the mail and it was even funnier!

Funniest movie...ever. (IMHO )
Old 05-26-05, 08:02 PM
Suspended

This is simply an incredible film. I also enjoyed it way more here at home all alone than I did in the theater.. maybe because I was able to catch the subtler things I missed the first time? Everything from simple stuff to just how the puppets walk all the way down to ganine garafalo at the end is just too damn funny.

I actually hope they don't do another puppet movie, it might be kinda old after this one even if someone else does a puppet movie, it just won't have the same kinda impact and it'll just be like they took the idea and stuff
Old 05-26-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I am just the opposite of you guys.I laughed my freaking ass off when i saw it in the theater,but having watched it again tonight on DVD it just wasn't as funny the second time.I still laughed once or twice,but for whatever reason it wasn't the same as the first viewing.
Old 06-03-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just watched it and loved the whole thing. The dicks / assholes / ******* part was brilliant.

Brian
Old 06-03-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Watched it last weekend and did not find it all that funny. I did LOL at the real cats used as tigers or whatever they were supposed to be. Rating: */****.
Old 06-03-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Panthers.
Old 06-03-05, 03:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of the deleted scenes had me rolling...

Spoiler:
When the head of Team America says "I made a mistake by being racist. I assumed the terrorists were Middle-Eastern. Instead he turned out to be a god-damned gook. I'll never be racist again."
Old 06-03-05, 03:40 PM

My favorite of the deleted scenes:

Spoiler:
When Gary was blowing Spottswoode to prove his loyalty, and Spadworth says something to the effect of "Now go rescue the team. But that's going to be tough because you're gay now".

Last edited by TheMadMonk; 06-03-05 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 03:44 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
i'm glad you blacked out the spoilers, I haven't watched the deleted scenes... yet.
Old 06-05-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Saw this last night, thought it was freakin' hysterical. I almost pissed myself laughing when the "America....F-yeah!!!" song first came on and of course the "montage" was brilliant.

Just an excellent over-the-top laugh your ass off movie.
Old 06-05-05, 04:37 PM

Very funny movie, South Park guys don't dissapoint, they're always funny. It's amazing to me with all the fart and poop jokes that they still are able to so perfectly hit a deeper meaning with all these jokes...it's a great social commentary/sattire on the war.

I'll wait for a price drop, but definitely a funny one to own.
Old 06-05-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just love how they got rid of Janeane Garofalo
Old 07-01-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
I'm a little surprised that more dvdtalkers didn't comment on this film. I will go on record saying that this is the funniest movie I have ever seen and not just for the toilet humor and puppet sex. There are so many subtle bits of well done comedy in this movie that I think a lot of people just don't get.

I honestly think this flick hit a nerve with action corny fans. Trey & Matt rolled every corny action movie into one........and well, I for one got it.
Old 07-01-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there's another thread out there on this forum that i know of.
Old 07-02-05, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i picked this up used as a blind buy and loved it. not as good as SP:BLU but very funny.