Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE! (from the creators of SOUTH PARK! This is gonna be great

Old 07-20-04, 07:36 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,015
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if you can tell from any of those photos, but the Paris set is paved with croissant-shaped cobblestones.
Old 07-20-04, 08:08 PM
  #27  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 5,347
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts


Old 07-20-04, 08:08 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lompoc, CA
Posts: 11,536
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by DJLinus
I wonder if people will protest this, saying that it will lead to violence against Arab puppets.
We can only hope!
Old 07-30-04, 10:42 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 4,551
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey new trailer for this movie. I can't wait for this...I have to imagine that a good percentage of the humor in this movie would never be ok for a green band trailer, but hell can't wait. Trey is hilarious.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/
Old 07-31-04, 01:16 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Legend
 
The Infidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Posts: 11,600
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
This thread is severely lacking in pics:

Old 07-31-04, 01:18 AM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oakland
Posts: 495
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spadoinkle!
Old 07-31-04, 01:43 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AND


WORDS


WILL


FLY


AT


YOU

REALLY

FAST
Old 07-31-04, 02:39 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: IL
Posts: 2,678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should be funny, I don't see what the need to rush it out so quickly is.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been on a cold streak for a long time, and they're brilliant film "BL&U" should have had another one to follow it.

Maybe a tad jeolous that Michael Moore has taken up all of their controversy that they're used to getting.

Should be interesting nonetheless.
Old 07-31-04, 04:40 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 23,466
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I want to make love to this film.
Old 07-31-04, 07:49 AM
  #35  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,015
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Should be funny, I don't see what the need to rush it out so quickly is.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been on a cold streak for a long time, and they're brilliant film "BL&U" should have had another one to follow it.

Maybe a tad jeolous that Michael Moore has taken up all of their controversy that they're used to getting.

Should be interesting nonetheless.
I'm not sure what you mean by "so quickly" but they want to release it before the election, so people aren't totally burnt out on political stuff by the time they have a chance to see the movie.

Also, a "Cold Streak" would entail making a few movies that haven't done that successfully. They haven't made any movies since BL&U. They made Orgazmo in 1995 or so (wrote and directed) and only starred in Baseketball (which many people think that they wrote and directed - it was actually David Zucker). I wouldn't say they've been on a cold streak, because South Park from 1999-present has only gotten better, IMO. But then again, I'm a little biased.
Old 07-31-04, 09:22 AM
  #36  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,754
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see it
Old 07-31-04, 10:12 AM
  #37  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: IL
Posts: 2,678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Abranut
I'm not sure what you mean by "so quickly" but they want to release it before the election, so people aren't totally burnt out on political stuff by the time they have a chance to see the movie.

Also, a "Cold Streak" would entail making a few movies that haven't done that successfully. They haven't made any movies since BL&U. They made Orgazmo in 1995 or so (wrote and directed) and only starred in Baseketball (which many people think that they wrote and directed - it was actually David Zucker). I wouldn't say they've been on a cold streak, because South Park from 1999-present has only gotten better, IMO. But then again, I'm a little biased.
OK, by cold streak I should have said I think they're television show just isn't that funny anymore. Granted there a few standouts here and there (Cartman's religious rock band comes to mind) but it doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to.

Success is meaningless in terms of money for movies to me. I just wish they would do a full blown South Park movie again. Uncut was beyond hilarious and I'm hoping for more.
Old 07-31-04, 10:20 AM
  #38  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,754
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me personally, the show had a lull for a little bit but this last season IMO was the best yet. Really the only episode I didn't like was the immagrants from the future one.. but the rest were priceless. From Butters' tap dancing to Michael Jackson's nose to ninja stars in the eye and Awesome-o. I really hope the next season is as good if not better
Old 07-31-04, 10:33 AM
  #39  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 11,825
Received 240 Likes on 176 Posts
Please

Please

Please

Please

Please

Let this film be as good as it could be.
Old 07-31-04, 10:36 AM
  #40  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,626
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by necros
For me personally, the show had a lull for a little bit but this last season IMO was the best yet. Really the only episode I didn't like was the immagrants from the future one.. but the rest were priceless. From Butters' tap dancing to Michael Jackson's nose to ninja stars in the eye and Awesome-o. I really hope the next season is as good if not better
Dont' forget about, "CARTMAN......DDUUUUURRRRR!!!"
Old 07-31-04, 06:35 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 2,316
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the trailer for this, and all I can say is Pure Genius. I am sooo looking forward to this one now!
Old 08-01-04, 06:45 AM
  #42  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,186
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is going to be effing awesome!!! Let's hope it does for puppetry what South Park did for construction-paper animation.
Old 08-01-04, 10:31 PM
  #43  
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,322
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
while i don't like cashing in on the war on terror, i have to admit this does look really cool....and if it mostly shits on those left wing nutjobs like moore and robbins, i will be seeing this.
Old 08-01-04, 10:59 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: NYC * See da name? Go get me some coffee...
Posts: 4,665
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-02-04, 12:00 PM
  #45  
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 13,421
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally saw Cannibal: The Musical last night. Now I'm even more excited to see this. If they could make me laugh with THAT concept, this one should be great.
Old 08-02-04, 07:30 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 14,806
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks funny.
Old 08-02-04, 07:39 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 1,877
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not even out yet and people are getting pissed!

I can't wait for this one, Matt & Trey never disappoint.
Old 08-04-04, 12:22 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
C-Mart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Des Moines, WA
Posts: 3,876
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This looks awesome! I love the opening of the trailer where they make you think all these people are in the movie, and then "are all going to be really, really mad" comes on the screen. Matt and Trey have yet to disappoint, and I will definately be there opening day for this one!

"Hey terrorist! Terrorize this!"

Last edited by C-Mart; 08-04-04 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 04:41 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Stanton, CA
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the tagline.

PUTTING THE "F" BACK IN FREEDOM
Old 08-08-04, 12:04 AM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Miami,FL,USA
Posts: 379
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.