DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   You Got Served ... AGAIN! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/368811-you-got-served-again.html)

ClarkKentKY 06-09-04 02:45 PM

You Got Served ... AGAIN!

CULVER CITY, California — Prepare to get served again.

Omarion and Marques Houston revealed backstage at Saturday's taping of the 2004 MTV Movie Awards that a sequel to their hit dancing drama, "You Got Served," is in the works.

Chris Stokes, who manages both singers, will again direct. He is currently discussing the script with the co-stars and plans to begin shooting in late summer.

"We're messing with the concept right now, trying to get it perfect, 'cause trying to top the first one is a big step," Houston said. "We don't want to do something that's too much like the first one, but not too far from it either. Sequels are tough."

"There's so many different directions we could go," Omarion added. "I didn't have a father [in the first film], maybe my father could come back."

Omarion said his former groupmates, who had an ugly breakup with Stokes (see "Omarion Calls B2K Breakup 'A Real Sad Situation' "), are invited to return, but he's not sure it'll happen. "Everyone's cool, but we're all doing our own things," he said.

As for his own things, Omarion is about three-quarters finished with his solo album, which will show a more mature side of the singer than fans saw with B2K. "I'm almost 20 now, I've been in the entertainment business since I was 14, so I'm growing up a bit," he said. "It's going to be very interesting, talking about everything going on in my life."

The potential first single is called "I'm Young, But I'm Ready." "It's a song dedicated to all the ladies," Omarion said.

The Underdogs (Backstreet Boys, Ruben Studdard) produced the track, and Omarion also hopes to log studio time with Snoop Dogg and the Neptunes. Houston has contributed production as well.

"He's really getting a chance to be himself," Houston said. "When you get by yourself, you talk about personal issues. People are really going to get to know him."

Omarion has also signed on to host a video dedication show for MTV called "Dedicated" and he's executive producing the debut album from his younger brother, O'Ryan. "He's like my twin," Omarion said. "But he's more of a crooner, he really sings.

"As I get older, I want to do more in the business side of it," he added. "I haven't been to college, but this type of experience is like no other."

Another album Omarion will work on is Houston's second solo effort, which is due in March via a new deal with Atlantic Records. "I'm taking my time 'cause it needs to be perfect," Houston said. "I'd love to work with Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake. He's an amazing artist."

"You Got Served 2" won't be out until 2005, but fans can check out the original on the just-released DVD. "It's been #1 two weeks in a row," Omarion boasted.

Who's ready for Seconds?

rotfl

Matthew Chmiel 06-09-04 03:07 PM

It will either:

1. Be direct to video.
2. Open up on 2000+ screens throughout America and quickly tank.

Either one. ;)

TheMadMonk 06-09-04 03:08 PM

Does this mean "It's On"?

Jackskeleton 06-09-04 03:12 PM

Someone's going to get F'ed in the A.

Get Me Coffee 06-09-04 03:30 PM

Awesome more...YOUVE BEEN SERVED jokes on Xbox live. Excellent news!

PixyJunket 06-09-04 03:31 PM

Wow. Just, wow.

Jackskeleton 06-09-04 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Awesome more...YOUVE BEEN SERVED jokes on Xbox live. Excellent news!
Guess you'll just have keep playing like they like it... Straight street.

Get Me Coffee 06-09-04 03:34 PM

HAHA :lol:

Oh, you've been SERVED.

Charlie Goose 06-09-04 03:47 PM

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/shout.jpg

DRG 06-09-04 03:59 PM

The first one was a sleeper hit (for its budget) in theaters, and is doing really well among its target audience on DVD. This doesn't surprise me one bit. I saw it and thought it had cool dance sequences surrounded by horrible melodrama, with terrible acting. They should've just made the movie 25 minutes of all the dancing and threw out the rest of the footage.

'cause trying to top the first one is a big step
Maybe they could try writing a decent script? That might help. ;)

Jackskeleton 06-09-04 04:05 PM

dude...

"There's so many different directions we could go," Omarion added. "I didn't have a father [in the first film], maybe my father could come back."
I smell oscar gold.

das Monkey 06-09-04 04:58 PM

• TheMadMonk •

Does this mean "It's On"?

If you get served, and serve them back, then it's on. Don't you kids know <i>anything</i>?

das

Hokeyboy 06-09-04 10:38 PM

I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach on in my pocket and see what it is?
Go on, grab on to it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say "How d'ya do?"
There's something in my front pocket.
There's something in my front pocket!!
THERE'S SOMETHING IN MY FRONT POCKET!!!

*carnage ensues*

Get Me Coffee 06-09-04 10:46 PM

haha

DRG 06-09-04 10:53 PM

I bet I could write a complete script for this sequel over the weekend (some of it while being intoxicated) that probably won't be that much worse than the real thing. :)

"Damn, pops! You went and served mom and me like that, now you try to come back in my life now that I got success? I ain't havin' it!"

Original Desmond 06-09-04 11:35 PM

Omigod i just had an Orgasm !

I love You Got Served!

the dance moves were well dope

sh*t *****, this is great news

woohoo

get down tonite!

Jackskeleton 06-09-04 11:36 PM

Originally posted by DRG
I bet I could write a complete script for this sequel over the weekend (some of it while being intoxicated) that probably won't be that much worse than the real thing. :)

"Damn, pops! You went and served mom and me like that, now you try to come back in my life now that I got success? I ain't havin' it!"

make sure you add that "I never had a father in the first one, so maybe he can come back in the second" part of it. that should be a tear jerker.

Original Desmond 06-10-04 01:36 AM

I;d have dance scenes then some nekkid women then some more dance scenes , then some sex scenes, then some more dance scenes, then some lesbo action followed by lesbo dance scenes

Matthew Chmiel 06-10-04 02:52 AM

Originally posted by Original Desmond
I;d have dance scenes then some nekkid women then some more dance scenes , then some sex scenes, then some more dance scenes, then some lesbo action followed by lesbo dance scenes
You sadly can't do that in a PG-13 film Mr. Original Desmond. Unless Screen Gems is going to blow everyone away and try and get You Got Served II an NC-17 rating. ;)

PixyJunket 06-10-04 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Original Desmond
What are you, 12 years old? :confused:

Rival11 06-10-04 08:59 AM

God, I thought this thread was a joke.

huh? 06-10-04 09:10 AM

See Signature Below.

steebo777 06-10-04 09:36 AM

And people wonder what is wrong with Hollywood :mad:

Deftones 06-10-04 10:24 AM

damn, I just saw this article and was going to post the exact same thread title.... :(

Hokeyboy 06-10-04 11:03 AM

Originally posted by steebo777
And people wonder what is wrong with Hollywood :mad:
Well you can complain about Hollywood all you want, but the fact remains that YGS made a bit of money, which means people went to go see it. Mostly kids, for sure, but there you go. Bread and circuses, and all that. Bacon. Trampoline?