Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help Identifying 2 Tarzan movies

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-06-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

I remember seeing two Tarzan movies on TV years and years ago. I wouldn't mind watching them again for old time's sake, but I don't know which ones they are. Here's some some stuff that I recall from them:

It was in techincolor (It might have been colorized)
Tarzan was played by a blonde (Never spoke)
The 2nd to last scene in the movie took place in an Elephant graveyard where a live elephant went there to die.

As for the 2nd:

It was in B&W with Jane and their son.
The scene that I remember most is when the explorers brought film projectors over to the jungle and showed films to Tarzan and the natives. The natives freaked out when they saw them.

Any help?
Old 06-07-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump

Can't really be of too much help on this one.

I'm guessing the first one you are looking for with the blonde Tarzan is probably one of the Lex Barker films. He did 5 of them:

Tarzan's Magic Fountain - 1949
Tarzan and the Slave Girl - 1950
Tarzan's Peril - 1951
Tarzan's Savage Fury - 1952
Tarzan and the She-Devil - 1953

The other main - excluding silent films - Tarzans (Weissmuller, Gordon Scott, Jock Mahoney, and Mike Henry) all had brown hair if I recall correctly. Ron Ely from the TV show had blonde hair I think but that wouldn't contain what you are looking for. Denny Miller did one film and he had blonde hair too I think.

As for the 2nd one, probably one of the Weissmuller films. I don't remember much though about the Herman Brix (aka Bruce Bennet) or Buster Crabbe Tarzan films but I don't think Boy was in them. Boy (Johnny Sheffield was in 8 of the Weissmuller films as follows).

Tarzan Finds a Son! - 1939
Tarzan's Secret Treasure - 1941
Tarzan's New York Adventure - 1942
Tarzan Triumphs - 1943
Tarzan's Desert Mystery - 1943
Tarzan and the Amazons - 1945
Tarzan and the Leopard Woman - 1946
Tarzan and the Huntress - 1947

Anyway, maybe another run through the forum will catch the eye of someone who knows for sure.