Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Some good news for Disney/Pixar, bad news for 2D animation

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Some good news for Disney/Pixar, bad news for 2D animation

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-04, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
I know, I wouldn't know all that stuff without having been a fan of Anime myself.

My point is: Japanese Animation, no matter how good some of them are now, no substitute for some American-made hand drawn animation, like Disney's.
You should check out what Hayo Miyazaki has been doing with 2D for the last 20 years.

You can hate on anime all you want, but hating Miyazaki films is just doing an injustice to yourself if you are an animation fan.
Old 06-05-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
I would doubt Pixar would even want to be apart of Disney anymore. Once they get the taste of green in their mouth when they have control over their own properties, they will want to remain independent.
I would doubt Pixar would even want to be apart of Disney anymore. Once they get the taste of green in their mouth when they have control over their own properties, they will want to remain independent.
So, what your saying is, you would doubt Pixar would even want to be apart of Disney anymore. Once they get the taste of green in their mouth when they have control over their own properties, they will want to remain independent?

Just checking