DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Is Dakota Fanning the ONLY Decent Child Actress in Hollyood ? cos she is gettin old (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/366936-dakota-fanning-only-decent-child-actress-hollyood-cos-she-gettin-old.html)

Original Desmond 05-29-04 07:11 PM

Is Dakota Fanning the ONLY Decent Child Actress in Hollyood ? cos she is gettin old

i think she is talented and i don't mind her BUT i DO NOT want to see her in EVERY movie which has a sizeable part for a child actress !

she's friggin everywhere !

must be some other cute child actresses we can watch grow and gradually lust after as the home stretch to 18 approaches

Tafellappen 05-29-04 07:41 PM

I thought the little girl from Signs was very good.

Rivero 05-29-04 08:32 PM

Keisha Castle-Hughs. Showed incredible promise in Whale Rider.

Her next role is in......gulp.....Star Wars: Episode III, as the queen of Naboo.

Supermallet 05-29-04 09:27 PM

The girl from Kill Bill. And I don't think Dakota Fanning is a good actress.

tofu 05-29-04 10:15 PM

The two sisters from In America were really good.

RyoHazuki 05-30-04 01:13 AM

Haley Joel Osment. Oh wait. Nevermind.

Shamu 05-30-04 01:57 AM

That kid from Star Wars: Phantom Menace is pretty damn good.

Right?

Qui Gon Jim 05-30-04 09:55 AM

Amazing how this- "Is Dakota Fanning the ONLY Decent Child Actress in Hollyood ? cos she is gettin old" degenerates into veiled Star Wars bashing...:rolleyes:

the girl from Jersey Girl was pretty goo as well as the girl from KB that played BB.

HistoryProf 05-30-04 12:14 PM

uhm, "the girl from Kill Bill?" Do you mean Chiaki Kuriyama who played Gogo Yubari? she's 19 years old!!

as for DF, I keep hearing her name but have no idea who she is...and then i imdb'd her and now I know why - i tend to avoid shitty movies....

Hide and Seek (2004) (post-production) .... Emily Callaway
Man on Fire (2004) .... Pita
Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time (2003) (TV) (voice) .... Preschool Kim
Cat in the Hat, The (2003) .... Sally
Uptown Girls (2003) .... Lorraine "Ray" Schleine
"Taken" (2002) (mini) TV Series .... Allison 'Allie' Clarke-Keys
Hansel & Gretel (2002) .... Katie
Sweet Home Alabama (2002) .... Young Melanie
Trapped (2002) .... Abigail Jennings
)Father Xmas (2001) .... Clairee
I Am Sam (2001) .... Lucy Diamond Dawson
Tomcats (2001) .... Little Girl in Park

Daytripper 05-30-04 03:54 PM

Originally posted by tofu
The two sisters from In America were really good.
I second this. These two kids were amazing. If you want to see other great performances by young children, rent "Ponette" sometime.

dhmac 05-30-04 10:58 PM

Originally posted by brizz
uhm, "the girl from Kill Bill?" Do you mean Chiaki Kuriyama who played Gogo Yubari? she's 19 years old!!

I think he was referring to the little girl who played B.B., Perla Haney-Jardine.

Supermallet 05-30-04 11:07 PM

Originally posted by dhmac
I think he was referring to the little girl who played B.B., Perla Haney-Jardine.
Exactly.

shill66 06-01-04 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Daytripper
I second this. These two kids were amazing. If you want to see other great performances by young children, rent "Ponette" sometime.
Also see FairyTale A True Story.

redinger 06-01-04 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Tafellappen
I thought the little girl from Signs was very good.
Yeah, I was going to write the girl from Raising Helen, which is the same girl - Abigail Breslin.