DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Dakota Fanning's best perfomance (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/364351-dakota-fannings-best-perfomance.html)

alexei 05-15-04 06:15 AM

Dakota Fanning's best perfomance

I haven't had a chance to watch ''Taken'' miniseries yet, so I guess ''I am Sam'' gets my vote.

harosa 05-15-04 06:30 AM

She was great in Taken but shined in Man on Fire, she had to make you like her character in the first hour so we could accept the lengths Denzel Washington went through to avenge her.

cruzness 05-15-04 06:36 AM

Man On Fire would be her best performance IMHO. She played very naturally against Denzel.

Michael Corvin 05-15-04 11:45 AM

I loved her in I Am Sam. They basically had her acting someone twice her age.

On the other end of the spectrum her appearance of Friends was quite forgettable though.

Frank TJ Mackey 05-15-04 03:36 PM

She was terrific playing opposite Denzel in "Man on Fire"

B.A. 05-15-04 05:27 PM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Yes, she was. :up:

JupiterPrime 05-15-04 07:59 PM

She made splendid performance in TAKEN and did an asbsolutely marvelous job in I AM SAM

Anjanettea 05-15-04 09:25 PM

I loved Dakota's performance in "Uptown Girls" as well. Both roles (Uptown Girls and Man on Fire) have Dakota portraying a daughter that is left behind by her parents (so to speak), and becomes attached to the person caring for her. In this case, Denzel in MOF and Molly Gunn in UG.

Also, Dakota was in "Trapped", which I didn't realize. I guess I should watch the movie again.

whynotsmile 05-15-04 09:41 PM

phenominal in I AM SAM

Original Desmond 05-15-04 11:37 PM

her best performance will come when she turns 18 ;)

shill66 05-16-04 03:04 AM

uh... right. You've got a LONG wait. :rolleyes:

antennaball 05-16-04 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Original Desmond
Duuuude...that's not gross when you're talking about the Olsens or Lindsay Lohan. Dakota Fanning, on the other hand...that's just creepy.

Debaser 05-16-04 09:17 AM

I'd hit it. With kittens and puppies.

RyoHazuki 05-16-04 11:50 AM

This thread now must be locked and shot twice through the mouth.

LasVegasMichael 05-16-04 11:57 AM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
This thread now must be locked and shot twice through the mouth.
As soon as I saw the title, I knew what it would eventually sink to. :rolleyes: She was born in 1994 for God's sake!

Personally, I think her best was in Uptown Girls, but I have only seen her in that and Cat in the Hat (where she wasn't bad. Can't blame her for a bad script).

Michael Corvin 05-16-04 09:16 PM

^^ Dude, pick up I am Sam. Sean Penn and Michelle Pheiffer are excellent as well. A great movie.

kcbrett5 05-18-04 09:38 AM

Originally posted by Original Desmond

There are entire units of the FBI dedicated to scouring the internet in search of men like you.

She is what, 9? 10? This is sick. You need professional help. Better yet, just kill yourself now before you victimize somebody else.

necros 05-18-04 10:12 AM

If the guy was a sicko, he would have said 12 or 14, 18 is perfectly legal!

Actually she's been great in everything I've seen her in, but I never saw Man on Fire. I'll get the DVD though. She was good in Taken but that whole series was just too long. Trapped was barely an average movie but she was good in it. It's on cable all the time.

Michael Corvin 05-18-04 10:42 AM

Forgot about Trapped. A decent flick.

JasonF 05-18-04 11:25 AM

What you people don't realize is that Original Desmond is actually a time traveller from the year 2318. He happens to know that in 2012, Fanning will star in Martin Scorcese's masterpiece film, which will go on to win every Academy Award and Golden Globe and replace Citizen Kane and Lawrence of Arabia on every critics "Best Movie of All Time" List. Dakota Fanning will forever more be known as the greatest actor in the history of mankind.

This film, of course, is Ghoulies VI.

cross 05-18-04 11:32 AM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
:thumbsup:

caiman 05-18-04 12:20 PM

Am I the only one who hates this little brat?

Michael Corvin 05-18-04 06:36 PM

Originally posted by caiman
Am I the only one who hates this little brat?
I think so, because she hasn't really played a brat except in Uptown Girls. And I can't say that I have seen her on any talk shows to judge her personally.

caiman 05-18-04 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I think so, because she hasn't really played a brat except in Uptown Girls. And I can't say that I have seen her on any talk shows to judge her personally.
I haven't seen any of her movies, but I've seen her on a handful of talkshows. Everytime I see her I want to bash her over the head with a blunt object.

antennaball 05-18-04 07:03 PM

Originally posted by caiman
I haven't seen any of her movies, but I've seen her on a handful of talkshows. Everytime I see her I want to bash her over the head with a blunt object.
The detectives in Colorado assigned to the Ramsey case would like a word with you.