DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Great "Passion of the Christ Review"..... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/356855-great-passion-christ-review.html)

BRIAN 1972 04-05-04 02:07 PM

Great "Passion of the Christ Review".....

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fc?d=tm...at=the_passion

Gibson's 'The Passion' a Hit Among Arabs

By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt - Hanan Nsour, a veiled, 21-year-old Muslim in Jordan, came out of "The Passion of the Christ" in tears and pronounced her verdict: Mel Gibson (news)'s crucifixion epic "unmasked the Jews' lies and I hope that everybody, everywhere, turns against the Jews."

follow link rest of story - i just like that paragraph as a stand-alone film review! :lol:

Rivero 04-05-04 08:15 PM

ah, some people on this board still trying to bring down the Passion, it's sixth week of release. Too, too funny

:Yawn:

NEXT!

DonnachaOne 04-05-04 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Rivero
ah, some people on this board still trying to bring down the Passion, it's sixth week of release. Too, too funny

NEXT!

Brian wasn't "bringing down" The Passion. He was simply highlighting a funny story in connection to it. You, however, assigned it a negative tone that simply isn't there.

Your post is far more belligerent than his was.

Rivero 04-05-04 08:20 PM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Brian wasn't "bringing down" The Passion. He was simply highlighting a funny story in connection to it. You, however, assigned it a negative tone that simply isn't there.

Your post is far more belligerent than his was.

If you say so.

NEXT!

Looking 04-05-04 09:58 PM

It wasn't only the Jews that beat up Jesus, but Gentiles as well. It was the Gentiles that did the hard beating.

Mr. Cinema 04-05-04 11:34 PM

NEXT!

The Passion will never top Titanic's massive $600 million US box office take. NEVER.

NEXT!

Shannon Nutt 04-06-04 04:43 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Cinema
The Passion will never top Titanic's massive $600 million US box office take. NEVER.

NEXT!

Yes, but The Passion didn't cost $200 million to make, either. Did it?

Jackskeleton 04-06-04 05:06 AM

NEXT!

Lame posters are still trying to make an issue of everything dealing with passions

:YAWN:

Next issue. cause this horse is waaaay past dead, the rock has given all the blood you could squeeze and discussing and/or arguing about PASSIONS is a waste.

Not everyone is bashing it. No need to act like we are. He pointed out a funny review which looks at someone else giving a rather silly review of the film.

People still think PASSIONS is worth fighting on a forum about in it's sixth week

:YAAAAWN:

next.

Lateralus 04-06-04 05:15 AM

I'm going back to bed.

next

BRIAN 1972 04-06-04 08:14 AM

NEXT!

as DonnachaOne said, i was not trying to bring it down, in fact i praise the film. i just thought the opening quote of the article made for a funny "review" of sorts. (just picture that in an ad right next to Roger Ebert's quote). trust me, if i wanted to bring something down, i would not do it with a racist/anti-semetic quote.

read it again.

NEXT!

raven56706 04-06-04 08:59 AM

:yawn:

ummm yeah

Scot1458 04-06-04 09:49 AM

:yawn:

DonnachaOne 04-06-04 10:08 AM

Wow, this IS as cool as it looks!

raven56706 04-06-04 10:19 AM

:Yawn: part 2

ATTACK OF THE YAWNS....

movielib 04-06-04 10:46 AM

Hey, this thread made me perk right up! What's the matter with all.. you... yawn..er....zzzzzz?

talemyn 04-06-04 11:00 AM

http://www.mindspring.com/~boycekb/i...s/Sleeping.gif

DonnachaOne 04-06-04 11:03 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if we suddenly got a yawning smiley, and all those :YAWN: comments would turn into dozing faces...

custom001 04-06-04 11:16 AM

Someone please change the thread title to "Passion Of The Yawn"

talemyn 04-06-04 11:53 AM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Wouldn't it be funny if we suddenly got a yawning smiley, and all those :YAWN: comments would turn into dozing faces...
That animated one was one that I created myself . . . I'd be happy to pass it on the the DVDTalk if they would like to use it . . . even if only temporarily for the purposes of your "joke". ;)

Rivero 04-06-04 02:56 PM

Ummm....oooookay Mr. Cinema.....and what exactly makes you think I give two shits?

Rivero 04-06-04 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

People still think PASSIONS is worth fighting on a forum about in it's sixth week

Actually Jacko, PASSIONS hasn't been worth fighting over since Timmy, the little doll that would come to life, died.

:Yaaawn:

NEXT!

SomeVoices 04-06-04 03:22 PM

Actually Jacko, PASSIONS hasn't been worth fighting over since Timmy, the little doll that would come to life, died.
:lol: I was waiting for someone to make this reference.

NEXT!

Mr. Cinema 04-07-04 01:02 AM

Ummm....oooookay Mr. Cinema.....and what exactly makes you think I give two shits?
Felt like bringing down the Passion, since you are the spokesman for that movie.

Mr. Cinema 04-07-04 01:03 AM

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Yes, but The Passion didn't cost $200 million to make, either. Did it?
Armageddon's budget was bigger than Titantic's......

jaeufraser 04-07-04 01:05 AM

Armageddon's budget was bigger than Titantic's......
Actually, no, it wasn't. Titanic cost 200 million...Armageddon 150 million. I think Spiderman 2 might've topped it, but if not, it's still the most expensive movie ever made. Not to mention Passion cost 30 million, with a marketing budget of 20 million. If that's not at least mildly impressive to you, then you've obviously got an ax to grind for no good reason.

Regardless...why does that matter? Are films not successful unless they topple Titanic? I mean, then nothing is successful.