Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead Questions...need answering

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dawn of the Dead Questions...need answering

Old 06-08-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There were a lot of things they could've done for Andy, I think the truth is they really didn't like Andy. I think the main reason they didn't like Andy was because Andy was an idiot. There were a lot of things Andy could've done to get to the mall, yet Andy didn't do any of them.
Old 06-08-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

nobody else thought that ving was going to get "infected" when he cut his arm and fell in after she washed off the blood? when she washed it off it was like in natural born killers on the bridge wherer mickey and malerie get married. they do the cut hand thing and the blood goes into the river and it goes to animation of two snakes becoming one. that's what i was thinking about as she was washing her hands in the fountain.
Old 06-08-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, I didn't even think about it. Ving stuck out in my mind as someone who was going to be around until the end.
Old 06-08-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yeah, but not to mention that the water would have dilluted the blood sarah washed off, not to mention the blood wasn't fully tainted. she was covering up her husbands blood as it was coming out and he was dying. I doubt all the blood he ever had will be turned or infected, but only after the person has died and has turned will the blood become infected.

Andy could have done a lot to kill off those zombies and make it to the mall I say. oh well.
Old 06-08-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by bigsoos
did anyone else just want to kill the redhead for going after the stupid dog?
No, but that's simply because I have a thing for red heads so her stupidity can be over looked by her being A.) Cute and B.) red headed.
Old 06-08-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well although I don't care for this film, I think the infection aspect was handled rather well, it was just a bit unclear, which adds to the scariness of it. I could understand how one might think Ving was infected, I did. There is nothing to really say how strong it is, or how long it takes for the blood to become infected, so infection through the water could be possible. Plus I don't think it's ever really explained how the plague started, maybe water can carry it.

Oh I hated the red-head. I love them, and she may be very cute, but I can't stand stupidity, she's part of the reason I dislike this movie.
Old 06-08-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,168 Posts
I do believe that in the "Romero Universe" infection is only possible 2 ways:

1. Being scratched or bitten directly by undead.

2. Any death not caused by brain trauma.