Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mission Impossible 3 News

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mission Impossible 3 News

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-05, 10:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
Wouldn't this be taking a huge step backward from Scarlett?

She's in the new Michael Bay movie...

She can only go up from that.
Old 05-23-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On a radio show this morning they said Katie Holmes was up for the role in MI3, Tom said she was a "brilliant" actress. The radio show folks had a fun time with that.
Old 05-23-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Tom Cruise's new girlfriend Katie Holmes is being tipped to play the actor's love interest in the third installment of "Mission Impossible" reports Ananova.

Scarlett Johansson was previously attached to an earlier script version, and this week teen actress Lindsay Lohan said she was very keen on grabbing the part.

Now, according to the New York Post - insiders say the "Batman Begins" and "Dawson's Creek" star "will step up as the leading lady." Shooting is scheduled to begin shortly.

[DARKHORIZONS.com]
Old 05-23-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's sweet isn't it, tom first worked with nicole a bunch in films, now we can expect to see a tom and katie moviefest.

i'm glad scarlett's out. we don't want to give elisabeth shue any competition for the coveted 'least believable actress for a female character in an action movie' award.

(she of course won this for her role as a scientist in the saint. she later tried to outdo herself in the hollow man, but failed)
Old 05-23-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
it's sweet isn't it, tom first worked with nicole a bunch in films, now we can expect to see a tom and katie moviefest.

i'm glad scarlett's out. we don't want to give elisabeth shue any competition for the coveted 'least believable actress for a female character in an action movie' award.

(she of course won this for her role as a scientist in the saint. she later tried to outdo herself in the hollow man, but failed)
I'm guessing you missed Denise Richards turn as a nuclear scientist.

As for Katie Holmes...well, ok. I just really hope this film doens't have some obligatory and unnecessary love interest, but I suppose that has little chance of not happening.
Old 05-23-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
I'm guessing you missed Denise Richards turn as a nuclear scientist.

As for Katie Holmes...well, ok. I just really hope this film doens't have some obligatory and unnecessary love interest, but I suppose that has little chance of not happening.
actually, i think i haven't seen that bond movie all the way thru. bad it is, but it's forgivable in a way. bond has never really been the epitome of realism.

the saint was totally serious.
Old 05-25-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Former "Boston Public" star Michelle Monaghan has been added to the cast of "Mission: Impossible 3," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Monaghan will play the love interest of Tom Cruise's character, secret agent Ethan Hunt.

Irish actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers ("Bend It Like Beckham," "Elvis") is in negotiations for a role in the film.

Numerous delays in the J.J. Abrams-directed movie forced Scarlett Johanssen, Carrie-Ann Moss and Kenneth Branagh to drop out of the project.

Ving Rhames, who appeared in all three installments of the action franchise, will be back as Hunt's sidekick Luther Stickel.

Recent reports linked teen star Lindsay Lohan and current Cruise girlfriend Katie Holmes to the film, but their involvement has not been confirmed.

"Mission: Impossible 3" will begin shooting in Caserta, Italy on July 18.

Michelle Monaghan appears in the upcoming Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie film, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," which opens June 10.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Artists/M...5/1055370.html
Old 05-25-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdinosaur
the saint was totally serious.
You're joking, right? Tell me you're joking.

Tell me your joking.

You're not joking are you...
Old 06-15-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Kerri Russell is replacing Scarlett in Mission: Impossible 3...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Keri Russell has already dropped her plans to attend Stanford to go to University of New York for J.J. Abrams, so it's no wonder that the actress is willing to embark on an impossible mission with the writer-director-producer.
Confirming what has long been rumored, Variety reports that Russell and her "Felicity" guru Abrams are reuniting on a little film called "Mission: Impossible 3." Set to begin filming on July 18, the blockbuster will represent Abrams' feature directing debut.

Russell will play an agent trainee under the watch of Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt. The trade paper implies that this is a variation on the part that Scarlett Johansson was set to play before the film underwent a dramatic overall last year, delaying production and shedding directors and stars. The disarray on the "Mission: Impossible" sequel was such that Paramount took the unusual step of issuing a statement last week assuring business leaders and the press that the film was moving toward production on schedule and that it would still make its May 2006 release date.

In addition to Cruise and Russell, "M:I3" features Ving Rhames, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Abrams and Russell made their bones with the 1998 premiere of The WB's "Felicity," a series he created with Matt Reeves and which starred Russell as the titular New York-based college student. After a brief career lull, 2005 has been a comeback year for Russell, who co-starred in the indie hit "The Upside of Anger" and is currently appearing on the small screen in TNT's epic "Into the West" miniseries.
Old 06-15-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kerri Russell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lindsey Lohan

btw, who is Kerri Russell?

Old 06-15-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I love me some Keri Russell. Good choice.
Old 06-15-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
How many different actresses have been playing this part so far? How much you wanna bet they have another one attached before it is over?
Old 06-15-05, 09:02 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At this point Lindsay Lohan would be more believable as Austin Power's love interest. [Lohan]"Shag? I totally wanna shag!"[/Lohan]
Old 06-16-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kerri Russell is a good choice.
Old 12-12-05, 04:21 AM
Banned

Here's the Mission: Impossible 3 teaser trailer!

Available at Yahoo! Movies:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/miss...camLR.s59fVXcA

Entertainment Tonight is supposed to have the "exclusive first look" at it tonight (Monday), but knowing them they'll talk through half of it.

It's also supposed to appear in front of King Kong.
Old 12-12-05, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It looks pretty good.
Old 12-12-05, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love the last action scene! I agree it looks good. I have been a fan of these despite their mistakes, But I think the crew and team (behind and in front of the camera) should make this work.
Old 12-12-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be there. Looks enjoyable!
Old 12-12-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks better than the last outing.

I'm trusting J.J. as he's probably the most talented person to helm this franchise yet (DePalma lost most of his talent in the '80s and Woo lost his talent when he came to America).
Old 12-12-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm there. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is in the cast. It's a no-brainer.
Old 12-12-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
looks better than i thought
oh, and i didn't know how PSH would turn out as the bad guy, but he looks good
Old 12-12-05, 08:33 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Looks great.
Old 12-12-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Hated the first one, loved the second one and from the trailer it looks like I will love the third one too.
Old 12-12-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like Alias with a bigger budget. Kudos on Michelle Monaghan, she's cutie.
Old 12-12-05, 09:00 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Looks better than the last outing.

I'm trusting J.J. as he's probably the most talented person to helm this franchise yet.
Oh, come on! M:I-2 was like a night at the opera: big, bold, and bonkers. It was just great.

I'm not so secure in Abrams just yet. He doesn't have nearly enough film cred as DePalma and Woo. Plus, he was the "just get somebody to direct!" choice for the franchise.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.