Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead end of credits? :SPOLIERS:

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dawn of the Dead end of credits? :SPOLIERS:

Old 03-23-04, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
On empty. not much they can do other then float away.
Perhaps Zombies can't swim? Melt in salt water?
Old 03-23-04, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read somewhere that the last frame is Sarah Polley in zombie makeup. Maybe someone who downloaded it could check for us?
Old 03-23-04, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not the zombie pic but a very cool one.......

Old 03-23-04, 12:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by LiquidSky
Not the zombie pic but a very cool one.......

It it just me, or is there something disturbing about seeing the names "Snoop Dogg," "Molly Ringwald," and "Iggy Pop" strung together along the bottom?
Old 03-23-04, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The movie takes place in a suburb of millwaukee(though filmed in toronto i believe) so that means the lake that the boat was on was lake michigan part of the great lakes chain, the largest chain of freshwater lakes in the world(practically an inland freshwater ocean when all the lakes are combined)so they would have an unlimited supply of water to drink and i would assume they had fishing poles on the boat which would give them an unlimited supply of food so they could have survived out there quite a while
Old 03-24-04, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What makes me wonder is people saying they walked out of the theatre before the end credits roll, the extra footage starts almost immediately throughout the credits, didnt they notice? As for them living, if there's a sequel Im sure they'll find a way to make them have escaped although I wish they would have left it at the final shot of the boat. A sequel might be called Day of the Dead for some continuity but Im sure it'll be a loose reinterpretation of that as was Dawn or a totally different idea with the same title, Im all for a new movie rather than rehashing Day's storyline.
Old 03-24-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess people are leaving as soon as the boat leaves the dock assuming that's the end. Like others here, I can't imagine why or when someone would leave and miss the credits. When I saw it, everyone stayed till the "end" and got up to leave during the credits, then those breasts flashed on the screen and everyone dropped back into their seats. It was hilarious.

That DOTD summary sounds horrible. Like a bad Roger Coreman "Zombies Take Over the World" flick.
Old 03-24-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the boat they were on was rigged with sails as well? So even if they run out of gas they'll figure out how to work those eventually by trial and error..
Old 03-24-04, 11:49 PM

IMO the best thing to do is be happy that it turned out good and leave it alone. Great Movie can't wait for the DVD, but i'm not to itchy for another Remake i'd rather see Romero's 4th Installment of the dead series.
Old 03-24-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally got around to watching Day of the Dead finally the othe rnight and after that... I dont see where it could go anymore. More zombies killing people and for what? Will it end? Will the final humans finally die? Will BUB run for zombie President and unite all zombies of all races around the world?
Old 03-25-04, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by The Video Dead
IMO the best thing to do is be happy that it turned out good and leave it alone. Great Movie can't wait for the DVD, but i'm not to itchy for another Remake i'd rather see Romero's 4th Installment of the dead series.
Bring on Twilight of the Dead!!!
Old 03-25-04, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Lurker1999
I thought the boat they were on was rigged with sails as well? So even if they run out of gas they'll figure out how to work those eventually by trial and error..
This is assuming they can high-tail it back to the boat against the onslaught of very fast zombies
Old 03-25-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by harosa
What makes me wonder is people saying they walked out of the theatre before the end credits roll, the extra footage starts almost immediately throughout the credits, didnt they notice?
I stayed, but wish I hadn't.
I would've much prefered the more open-ended approach of them leaving in the boat, not knowing what to expect next.

Instead we get the House of the Dead/Blair Witch ending added in the credits. Other than that, I really enjoyed this one!
Old 04-02-04, 03:11 AM

Dawn of the Dead 2 continuing the story of Ving, Sarah, and the rest would be great. I'd see that on opening day. I do think they would have to expand it a bit, but I don't want them to reveal everything either. Maybe just increase the scale of the setting (eg, entire city rather than just one locale) and bring in the military without making them stereotypical *******s. That 5-second clip of the special ops guys blowing away zombies on the white house lawn was hilariously cool.
Old 04-03-04, 04:27 PM

well im glad i stuck around for the end credits

glad disturbed was in the soundtrack!
Old 04-04-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I checked out the movie last night and I thought it was pretty good.

Spoiler:
Laughed my ass off when the guy took out a zombie with a golf ball.

I thought the red head was pretty cute
Old 04-04-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I called dibs!
Old 04-04-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I called dibs!
several times.
Old 04-07-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally posted by steebo777
Bring on Twilight of the Dead!!!
Unfortunately the financial success of Dawn 04 has pretty much guaranteed that George A. Romero's 4th Dead film will never be made.
Old 04-07-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bigsoos

She was also the hottie in Wrong Turn. She wasn't in that one long enough though
Old 04-07-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by matome
She was also the hottie in Wrong Turn. She wasn't in that one long enough though
Didn't she have sex with someone, thus sealing her fate?
Old 04-07-04, 09:47 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
I like how people are walking out, they see there is more so they stand in the aisle blocking other peoples views. I had to tell a couple to move out of the way. Stupid ppl.
So true! I went to watch Black Hawk Down the day it premiered and a guy two rows in front of me did just that - but a guy directly behind him tapped him and told him to sit his ass down, and a fight almost broke out.